New Octavia - first pics

Kay

Have to agree with Manny on this.

Why the f**k do manufacturers go for those big bulbous front lights though. They look like Lexus LS430 lights...awful, and what's will the huge grille.

Manny, your modifications were a vast improvement but I still hate those front lights. It's going in the 'bug eye' direction. Have they not seen the Mazda 6 and New Accord! Two much improved cars which would be top of my list.

I have edited the pic and changed the grill size and moved the reg plate up a little. it looks much better

octi2004_limo.jpg

I also think the Skoda badge on the grill is a wee bit too small... :rolleyes: Mind you, I know that VW group are proud of their badges - have you seen the size of the "VW" on the rear of Tourag... :shocked:

Anyway, I think they've used the latest Daewoo or Susuhondahatsu "Beansprout" as the design influence - just awful. The Combi has had the back ripped off the new Megane ST and the lights from the Citroen C5 - but what's happened to the wheels???

Its Horrible! The grille is too big , as is the badge , and the headlights. I was hoping it was gonna be great , so that the prices of the current Octy vRS would drop down to those of a beige morris ital MOT failure.....heh heh! Ah well look on the bright side , my dealer has lost the franchise now , so I wont have to look at many of them.....

I find the proportions of this design is not quite right, can't see where this design has evolved from the current Octavia, if Skoda are trying to build upon their success - then I think this Octavia would'nt get me to buy one in the future. As I am new to Skoda - this Octavia would'nt make me proud.

P.S. would be interesting how they are going to transform this new Octavia to a sporty vRS number.

fake fake fake fake......

They may have been done by someone that has seen the new designs, but they are both photoshop efforts...

The saloon is, from what I can make out, based on a phaeton pic, the estate is another (further) butchered fabia combi photo.

They may be an indication, or a hint, but they are not real or final I would expect.

That said, a "bad" or "horrible" new octavia will help the resale of mine - and I didn't buy mine for how it looked, I bought it for what it does. If the new octavia does it better, I may change.

(as long as there is a 4x4 - PD130 most likely next time)

fake fake fake fake......

Too damn right!

Of course the new one will have nice short overhangs etc, it may even have a V6 though a (lighter and that's the point) 1.8T would be better. Probably be an FSI unit.

But that snout! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ye gods, it's even uglier than a Cayenne. Now that's saying something...

Looking at the pics more closely, didnt really bother before. I think Ian is right, I can see 2 obvious problems between both of them.

1) Look at the headlights on the hatch, then the combi. The wrap around just is not there on the combi.

2) The front wheel arch is different in both pics.

So, Kay, is it simply "a Photoshop" job or is it a reliable Photoshop job? :D

Anyway, looks like a Lancia Thesis that crashed into Chris Bangle... At least that's upmarket ugliness! ;) It will take quite some getting used to. But then I have that with the new Audi A6 whale-face look too.

One thing's right though - it doesn't look like a VW clone, which is a great departure from the all the obvious Passat/Superb theme. I think I could come to like Ian's hatchback/saloon... :thumbup: