Kamiq MY20 MIB3 Update

r0bb10

Hello everyone!

I'm writing you from Italy, i found out this forum that seems a great place full of usefull information so i tought i should join and ask directly!

IMG_20200603_155840.thumb.jpg.feb0446a9ddfde2439bd88e320f6530d.jpg

PXL_20240207_201416634.thumb.jpg.e45a8849b7755cdee24506a0fbdc794b.jpg

My GF has a MY20 Kamiq, one of the first delivered in the country, and has an ancient 0156 software that never got updated. The dealer where we got the car is too far away and the local Skoda service is pretty bad and dont really understand what i'm asking.

I wanted to update to the latest software for a lot of problems we have (mainly rearview camera during parkink, bt issues with phones, and so on) and so i found out that the one installed in the car is really old and a lot of updates were pushed.. using https://mib-helper.com/ it sais 0324 is the latest one, and on https://mibsolution.one/ i found some files to download only to realize those are all incremental updates and there is an order to apply..

Reading on the forum others were in the same situation that managed to update to newer ones, like @Lennart wrote here 

and i found the site russian site https://www.drive2.ru to get some but i only managed to find the most newer one and not the olders.

ATM i have:

MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P27600P_0276

MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P30600P_0306

MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P30800P_0308

MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P32400P_0324

Lookin at what @Lennart wrote based on the manifest extraction in the software the order should be 0156 -> 0238 -> 0268 -> 0278 -> 0306 -> 0308 -> 0324, but i cannot find anywhere 0238 and 0268, does anyone have those files? I'm gonna tag @varooom also since he was mentioned as helpfull.

I would then like to share the experience if all goes smootly, i hope so!

Thank for reading so far!

• Thanks 1

On 11/02/2024 at 17:56, danakajoel said:

did you manage to track down the older versions? thanks

Yes with the help of @Lennart i found everything to bring the sw to the 0324 release, here is a mega link where you can get the archives of the old cumulative versions until 0308, you can download 0324 from mibsolution.. i'm gonna write something down on how it's going the update for me when i have time to do it, for now i only updated OCU software to the latest release and did a SWM (xorifying the value) with obdeleven.

oh forgot the link, ehehe.. here https://mega.nz/folder/bupmCaqA#dGb8Y30eDZ3rx95kts3E_A

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, danakajoel said:

Wow, that's perfect, thank you. Could you clarify what you mean re the swm point? Thanks

after you do an update you will encounter in the error B201A, regarding a Software Version Menagement check.

to fix it you have to go in Adaptation and enter a new value based on the one that you currently have using this tool https://mib-helper.com/im-so-xory/, nothing difficult.

You are a superstar. Do I need any special tools to apply that fix or can I do via an App on my Phone? Does the system not work at all whilst the error is present or is it just an annoyance? 

3 hours ago, danakajoel said:

You are a superstar. Do I need any special tools to apply that fix or can I do via an App on my Phone? Does the system not work at all whilst the error is present or is it just an annoyance? 

You will need something that talks via obd port, such obdeleven or vcds or others.

Should not influence anything for what i know, just a fault code.

PS: btw, proof that i'm on 330 now :) i also connected the car to my wifi in the garage and perfomed an online update for the maps, i'm now on 23.6 database and not on 20.11 like the photo sais).

image.thumb.jpeg.305ad50795a43f9e38fcff151fb80be7.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you r0bb10 !

Great explanations ! What I'm trying to find out is what update actually breaks the navigation. I'm on 0270 and would like to update to the latest but I don't want to have to explain to my dealership that I fiddled with the software of my entertainment unit.

@Lennart thought the issue was going from 0156 to 0276 but since I'm on 0270 I'm not sure I want to take the risk. Do you have any more information regarding this ?

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, chli said:

Thank you r0bb10 !

Great explanations ! What I'm trying to find out is what update actually breaks the navigation. I'm on 0270 and would like to update to the latest but I don't want to have to explain to my dealership that I fiddled with the software of my entertainment unit.

@Lennart thought the issue was going from 0156 to 0276 but since I'm on 0270 I'm not sure I want to take the risk. Do you have any more information regarding this ?

Thank you.

0238 breaks Navi, anything else that is not 0156 should have 00071C00 already enabled and valid.

You can check by long pressing menu and go in the Installed FEC, scroll down and i'm confident that you will spot it there at the end.

Here in the picture i was still on 0156 and i had no 00071C00 showing up, the older TPI sais that any car that is produce after jannuary 2020 should not have the upgrade problem because it's already sold with a newer version like probably yours is with 0270.

image.thumb.jpeg.ec7863b09e5fae985afd8ccc21d8e5cf.jpeg

Just go and check: if it's there updates are really simple like copy on usb and apply, nothing else needed (except for updating OCU to 141 or 143 ofc). Protip, you can start directly with 0306 skipping 0276 and 0278, then go with 0308 and 0330.  

Excellent,

I also checked the TPI you linked and it says

"The SWAP function For predictive navigation (FEC: 00071C00) has to be activated in Scala/Kamiq vehicles manufactured until 8 January 2020 (FEC: 00071C00)." My car is MY21 and was manufactured after that date.

I need to read more about the OCU update. How do I check the current version I'm on ? I didn't see anything thing about the OCU when downloading the TPI for my VIN in ErWin.

My TPI said, as you correctly mentioned said that I can go directly to 0308 and then 0324 (apparently 0330 was released in the mean time). There was nothing mentioned about the OCU.

I don't like updating the OCU since your TPI says:

"If the following procedure is not observed, the automatic call to the emergency line 112 may follow." (redirectly the crash signal to CAN instead of Emergency Call).

I don't want the police to turn up cause I'm updating my car :D

3 minutes ago, chli said:

Excellent,

I also checked the TPI you linked and it says

"The SWAP function For predictive navigation (FEC: 00071C00) has to be activated in Scala/Kamiq vehicles manufactured until 8 January 2020 (FEC: 00071C00)." My car is MY21 and was manufactured after that date.

I need to read more about the OCU update. How do I check the current version I'm on ? I didn't see anything thing about the OCU when downloading the TPI for my VIN in ErWin.

My TPI said, as you correctly mentioned said that I can go directly to 0308 and then 0324 (apparently 0330 was released in the mean time). There was nothing mentioned about the OCU.

I don't like updating the OCU since your TPI says:

"If the following procedure is not observed, the automatic call to the emergency line 112 may follow." (redirectly the crash signal to CAN instead of Emergency Call).

I don't want the police to turn up cause I'm updating my car :D

Exactly that is why i'm confident that you already have the FEC installed so nothing to worry about breaking anything. My car was produced december 19 so i fall in the TPI case -_-" nothing serious for me since i had a VAS adapter to use ODIS-S.

I checked the OCU version using OBDEleven i was on version i think 88 or something similar but my VIN had a recall from Skoda years ago because of some serious bug so surely is not the original version paired with the 0156 (that was not updated in the recall, thanks Skoda).

With OBDEleven for example you can change the Crash Adaptation to match the "via CAN" required but it's required so only in the older TPI that does not mention from what version you coming from. The newer TPI just ask to check what version there is and if older proceed with an older procedure (called 91YB where the redirect of the crash signal is required, speculating) and does not mention this redirect. You probably have a bugless OCU version already and the 112 fix also, it's basically confirmed by your TPI without mention of the OCU at all.

My guess is that older versions in earlier produced cars had an "auto112call" happen not only during a real crash but also during an OCU disconnect (during updates? or battery powerloss?) or something similar, and they fixed this with newer releases. But who knows, vag is never really clear and trasparent on why they do this and that.

Thanks again, do I need an ODB to know which version of the OCU I'm on or is it written down somewhere in the MIB3 engineering menu ?

7 minutes ago, chli said:

Thanks again, do I need an ODB to know which version of the OCU I'm on or is it written down somewhere in the MIB3 engineering menu ?

Uhm maybe from the Engineering Menu but i'm not sure, i guess not.

I think indeed you need a odb device, besides that, you can’t downgrade so there won’t be a problem when you have a newer version.

and indeed, like rob said. Don’t worry about your nav when you are on 270 already. 

edit: after ocu replacement I got back the 088 version. That version worked also on 0304, perhaps not ideal but worked.

when owning a vag car, a odb device is almost a must to clear some errors 😉 worth the money

• Like 1

Hopefully these are my last questions :

@r0bb10 : Do I just leave the engine running during the update (should I worry about the star/stop ?) because the TPI instructs to use a battery charger, which I don't have and don't plan on purchasing.

Regarding ODB, I see the most user friendly option seems to be ODBEleven, will I need any of the paid plans or credits to confirm the successful install or just owning the device is enough, or would you recommend another device ?

Thanks !

2 hours ago, chli said:

Hopefully these are my last questions :

@r0bb10 : Do I just leave the engine running during the update (should I worry about the star/stop ?) because the TPI instructs to use a battery charger, which I don't have and don't plan on purchasing.

Regarding ODB, I see the most user friendly option seems to be ODBEleven, will I need any of the paid plans or credits to confirm the successful install or just owning the device is enough, or would you recommend another device ?

Thanks !

I do not have any battery charger and did the update with the ignition on but motor and lights off.. i did not update firmwares all at the same time tho, the first big updates took a long time and then i drove the car a bit to charge it. The other updates are relatively quick so it's "safe" to do them without any charging attached, the MIB3 itself it's just a Linux tablet, it wont drain a car battery so quickly.

OBDEleven is more user friendly probably, but yes it requires credits to do some "click and forget" adaptation.. you can use it to do long coding and manual adaptation also without spending money. VCDS is more powerfull and has a great community/official support from forum but is a lot more expensive and requires a pc cannot be used with a phone.

• Love it! 1

Hello,

Thank you for your guide.

I have a kamiq from end 2020, with 0156 version but with 00071C00 code already present.

So if i understood well, I will no have any breaking if I do the update.

About OCU, how can I check version with VCDS ?

Thanks

44 minutes ago, J0uj0u said:

Hello,

Thank you for your guide.

I have a kamiq from end 2020, with 0156 version but with 00071C00 code already present.

So if i understood well, I will no have any breaking if I do the update.

About OCU, how can I check version with VCDS ?

Thanks

wierd that you have it installed but with an old version of the MIB3 software, but better so.

in VCDS you can do a full scan and in address 75 "Telematics" look for the line "Component", you should find there the version of the OCU firmware installed.

Yes strange to have an old version, because it was built in june 2020 so normal to have the FEC installed (based on previous comment).

Ok thanks for the path and the files I will try the update process tomorrow.

Did you have wireless carplay ? Or the update activate it ? Or any way to activate it with VCDS ?

Hello everyone,
I own a Karoq without navigation, 
I seem to have the same version as the Kamiq.
According to what I read here I can update the infotaiment software. 
Now I have the MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P30200P version.

can I try to update to 308 directly or do I need the intermediate updates?
After 308 I jump to 330 also directly?
After upgrading with the files on a usb, I need to clear some kind of error, I don't have any diagnostic tool?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

image.png.572886e49b6547d25d4bfa0d6e917595.png

Thank you for your answers

You need update to 306 or 308 first.

Then to 324 or 330.

An error 1550 no relevant appears.

You can try Car scanner with a cheap OBD elm 327. With this you can do 3 codings in trial mode before paid mode.

• Like 2

On 18/02/2024 at 22:24, J0uj0u said:

Yes strange to have an old version, because it was built in june 2020 so normal to have the FEC installed (based on previous comment).

Ok thanks for the path and the files I will try the update process tomorrow.

Did you have wireless carplay ? Or the update activate it ? Or any way to activate it with VCDS ?

I had wireless carplay already enabled on 0156 and working, android auto wireless has been activated since 0306 version.. you can enable both doing adaptations in the 5F unit and obdeleven (or any other obd that can do vag adaptation) fairly easy.

• Like 1