The NONE Coronavirus (COVID-19) Topic.

Auric Goldfinger

10 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

It's 'this thread, I have started' Anyone else is wrong. 

You're welcome. 

well, actually, your wrong as it referring to a different thread, so using "this thread" is inaccurate 

• Haha 1

Are we talking about the thread that I have typed this post into? Or is there another thread about water, or something similar, that I need to find, so I can understand how things work in Ireland when you don't pay Council Tax?????????????????????????????????????????

• Confused 1

@Tilt ive the thread started and water was my first explainer.

I think I am confused by this comment. As Auric started this thread didn't he? So I wondered if you had started another thread. Maybe I'm just a bit tired...and confused. Wouldn't be the first time.

A new thread has been started trying to explain the operating practices in the south of Ireland. The first of which is, the way the water board make a complete mess of things and how they operate (badly). 

The next one may be paying for your trip to the tip, or paying to see a Dr, Etc.

33 minutes ago, UndertheRadar said:

A new thread has been started trying to explain the operating practices in the south of Ireland. The first of which is, the way the water board make a complete mess of things and how they operate (badly). 

The next one may be paying for your trip to the tip, or paying to see a Dr, Etc.

Hurraaa, Thank you :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UndertheRadar said:

ooooooo healthcare costs... that will be a scary couple of posts!

• Sad 1

i l3ft for work today at 655am 

i got home at 1725, to discover someone stole our front lawn while i was gone!!!

20200928_171917.thumb.jpg.63977e3d0a9ef7bb21c931aa2344050d.jpg

this was discussed for 10mins 2 weeks ago, guy gave us a quote start of last week, text last night to say he might be able to start today. 

old asphalt stripped, lawn stripped, fence panel down and pipes set to allow sleaving and setting of new fence posts.

tar tomorrow maybe, but likely Wednesday. same day a man comes to measure up for detailed quote on replacing the windows.

the man that stole my lawn came back today. rerolled the 804, told swmbo likely friday before tarmac!! then came back at just after 4 o clock with ...

20200929_161104.thumb.jpg.a6e98405d25ba22223385f2df097b2a7.jpg

ill take pics tomorrow in better daylight.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

the man that stole my lawn came back today. rerolled the 804, told swmbo likely friday before tarmac!! then came back at just after 4 o clock with ...

Considering where you live, I'd have thought there'd be an endless supply of tarmac.

Usually spare from a job that'd 'just finished up the road!' ;)

• Like 1

Judging by the remains of ivy on the front wall I am speculating that your property may have looked a bit unloved at some time and that the "kerb appeal" will have improved massively with your works, would love to see before and after photos!

1 minute ago, john999boy said:

Considering where you live, I'd have thought there'd be an endless supply of tarmac.

Usually spare from a job that'd 'just finished up the road!' ;)

nah, them lads are gone international, theyre not interested in small local jobs anymore ;)

theres also a better margin in selling people gates, then selling the same gates to someone else.....

• Haha 2

20201003_090720.thumb.jpg.e617d9033b19fac2718bfe818574ba4e.jpg

black top :)

all the way to the shed.

new gate and fence section needed next, and replant the flower bed.

anyone know hiw to get boston ivy suckers off render without fire??

31 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

anyone know how to get boston ivy suckers off render without fire??

Liquid Nitrogen works a treat as long as you wear good gloves :)

53 minutes ago, StickyMicky said:

Liquid Nitrogen works a treat as long as you wear good gloves :)

🤔🤔 that may damage the render...

On 04/10/2020 at 18:40, mac11irl said:

20201003_090720.thumb.jpg.e617d9033b19fac2718bfe818574ba4e.jpg

black top :)

all the way to the shed.

new gate and fence section needed next, and replant the flower bed.

anyone know hiw to get boston ivy suckers off render without fire??

Is that porus ?  Did you check whether you needed planning permission ?

2 hours ago, Paul007 said:

Is that porous ?  Did you check whether you needed planning permission ?

What are the planning regulations in Tipperary? 

• Like 1

same spec as previous. planning, no change to the access, as drop kerb etc is still the same so i dont believe planning required here.

Next it will be 'No permission required'.

Driveways, Hard Standings, Gardens & decking / paving etc. All about drainage, run off and flooding,  Flooding others.

But soon in England that Red Tape / Planning restrictions / regulations will all go,

and Scotlands planning & building regulations will be as Englands if Dominic Cummings gets his way as they are trying to get through Westminster right now with the UK Internal Market Bill.

MSP's have voted against the attempts of Westminster to change what the Scottish Government has under devolution via the UK Internal Market Bill.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-54439757

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 11.44.15.png

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1