Social Distancing support, advice and tips & a little humour.

@Lee

31 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

From my understanding from German colleagues (and I'm sure Lee can chip in) there wouldn't have been a stand off. They'd have been arrested. 

Easy to claim something (which never happened) and post a picture from the safety of being on board a plane, probably back in the UK after everyone has disembarked. 

#oxygenthiefs #terrorist  (not you, of course, but then!) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moley said:

Do these numpties not understand?

Police have broken up a wedding reception where more than 100 guests congregated in breach of coronavirus restrictions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-54564448

its a pretty even split of not understanding and understand but dont give a ****. with a general smattering of fedupedness induced complacency across both groups.

• Like 3

our NPHET is recommending 6weeks of level 5 restrictions.

over 1200 cases yesterday is the highest of the entire pandemic.

some people are speculating about the surge and recent GAA county club championship finals across the country. in particular pist game celebrations that shouldnt be happening. 

IMG-20201005-WA0007.thumb.jpg.df2d57308ff57d8778930e6ac31689a5.jpg

edit image added.

currently we are level 3, with additional restrictions on 0 household visits to homes or gardens unless on essential necessity (care of elderly family etc)

Edited by mac11irl
  • Sad 1

It's hardly surprising that the absent father to an unknown number of offspring is confused about such issues.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson appeared confused over the rules for single parents living apart from their children during a Covid briefing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-54578605?xtor=AL-72-[partner]-[bbc.news.twitter]-[headline]-[news]-[bizdev]-[isapi]&at_custom2=twitter&at_custom3=%40BBCNews&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_medium=custom7&at_custom4=7D07E508-0FFA-11EB-9D7F-ADC04744363C&at_campaign=64

On 17/10/2020 at 09:00, Wino said:

Current top comment to this video:-

"I think culture is a large part of it. In Sweden, we're tired of the 2m social distancing. We wish this to be over so we can go back to the Swedish norm of 5m."

"Forget the mudslinging, who is doing better or worse than who else, I just want us to do the best that we can!"

• Like 2

I just remembered I didn't reply to this thread after my C-19 test question. As it turned out I had a job a few days later that required a test and I was clear to start work :)

Got another one next week if the job doesn't get shut down :( 

some Simon and Garfunkel seens apt.. 

Hello Lockdown, my old frieeeend..

You have me stuck at home agaainnn..

because people wont weear their mask,

government has to take us to task,

makinnng.. the rules up on the flyyyy,

we all ask why,

because we wonnnnt.... social distance...

now the winters coming, we're at home,

just 5kilometers to roam....

no meeting in each others gaff

only allowed 2 families in the park.

gyms and shops are all required to close,

essential retail only i suppose

no pubs open, only take away.... 

2meters distant we all have stay...

because of allllllll the morons...

Yes, thats right, we are gone to level 5 for the next 6 weeks because stupid people cant stop meeting up and are incapable if thinking beyond their own immediate gratification. 

schools stay open for now... i expect an update on that come the weekend bank holiday and midterm...

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Next to nothing in place regarding the pandemic in the factory that I am working in this week apart from the hand gel stations. This afternoon it was decided that everyone will have to wear a mask from tomorrow. Fortunately I can keep clear of everyone while I'm working but I noticed yesterday that the workforce are socially distancing. Most factories have one way systems, social distancing measures in place and some take your temperature on arrival in the morning. Surprised that this factory had none of these systems in place. 

35 minutes ago, moley said:

Next to nothing in place regarding the pandemic in the factory that I am working in this week apart from the hand gel stations. This afternoon it was decided that everyone will have to wear a mask from tomorrow. Fortunately I can keep clear of everyone while I'm working but I noticed yesterday that the workforce are socially distancing. Most factories have one way systems, social distancing measures in place and some take your temperature on arrival in the morning. Surprised that this factory had none of these systems in place. 

Perhaps like many they thought it was nonsense, yet the increasing risk of seeing level 3 is focusing minds? 

Personally I think this weekend will be ensuring Christmas shopping is done and dusted. The threat of a Christmas lockdown is just too great now 

1 hour ago, moley said:

where's the factory Moley?

2 hours ago, Lee01 said:

I see Manchester is getting royally shafted by the tories. I wonder if those 'red wall' voters still think voting for a clown and the circus was such a good idea?

Dunno what's unhelpful about that? They are. 

• Groan 1

7 minutes ago, moley said:

Somewhere in mainland Europe :thinking: 

Some countries in mainland Europe are handling the rona far better than the UK so can have more relaxed measures. They also have a functioning track and trace system that didn't cost £100 billion. They also have a population who are more compliant, understand the risks so act accordingly and on top of that, have a person in charge who isn't a clown who spaffs money to his mates in SERCO ;) 

Edited by Lee01
  • Groan 3

2 hours ago, Lee01 said:

I wonder if those 'red wall' voters still think voting for a clown and the circus was such a good idea?

I don't think Andy Burnham has handled the situation very well, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him a clown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, moley said:

I don't think Andy Burnham has handled the situation very well, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him a clown. 

You what? The tories offered £60 mil then withdrew the offer. Johnson is an utter clown. You know it, I know it, we all know it. He's unfit to be PM.
His past failures are all a matter of public record. 

• Groan 3

I just heard that Heathrow is to become the first UK airport to offer Covid tests before you travel. For £80 
Results in an hour. Only seven months after the start of the pandemic and they may not be valid to all destinations  :D 

• Groan 1

27 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

They also have a functioning track and trace system that didn't cost £100 billion.

I think your a factor of 10 out with that one...

6 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

I just heard that Heathrow is to become the first UK airport to offer Covid tests before you travel. For £80 
Results in an hour.

And why is that a bad thing?  Please explain.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skomaz said:

I think your a factor of 10 out with that one...

And why is that a bad thing?  Please explain.

*May not be valid to all destinations. Do keep up and follow your own advice of not taking just part of a quote or article ;) 
£100 mill yes. Still way more than any comparable country. And it's not even close to 'world beating'.

Edited by Lee01