Social Distancing support, advice and tips & a little humour.

@Lee

Thats just plain wrong, six of them are not Happy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J.R. said:

Thats just plain wrong, six of them are not Happy.

No- only two. Certainly if Snow white was a kinky lady. 😘Use some imagination

WHO studies have shown if you are within 1 metre of someone you have a 13% chance of catching Covid-19, between 1-2 metres this drops to 3% and 2 metres plus it is 1%. :thinking: Think I will give IKEA a miss as some of it's 19 stores that have opened in the UK have seen 1,000 people 2 metres apart winding their way around the car park.:notme:

Edited by shyVRS245

Thats rubbish, over the last 3 months I have come into 1m proximity with more than 8 people and have not caught Covid 19.

Maybe I am just lucky?

Or maybe you need to be in proximity with someone carrying and contagious !!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

WHO studies have shown if you are within 1 metre of someone you have a 13% chance of catching Covid-19, between 1-2 metres this drops to 3% and 2 metres plus it is 1%. :thinking: Think I will give IKEA a miss as some of it's 19 stores that have opened in the UK have seen 1,000 people 2 metres apart winding their way around the car park.:notme:

Now if only I had a 100v megger ( an insulating testing meter), I could gt folks to respect my at last 1 metre distance. 😘

15 minutes ago, VWD said:

Now if only I had a 100v megger ( an insulating testing meter), I could gt folks to respect my at last 1 metre distance. 😘

Got one in the cellar. 

IMG_20200603_000426.jpg

That's not a proper megger. It needs a handle and capacity to do bridge/wheatstone/murray or just give out a 500v belt. And location tests down to a few feet. 🤨

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, VWD said:

That's not a proper megger. It needs a handle and capacity to do bridge/wheatstone/murray or just give out a 500v belt. And location tests down to a few feet. 🤨

It's no doubt a later model from after your time. This has 500V capacity. 

On 02/06/2020 at 12:32, J.R. said:

Thats rubbish, over the last 3 months I have come into 1m proximity with more than 8 people and have not caught Covid 19.

Maybe I am just lucky?

Or maybe you need to be in proximity with someone carrying and contagious !!!!

How many of those 8 were contagious with Covid when you were near them? 

I think you have missed the joke.

The answer would be none probably.

I was reacting jokily to the assertion that you have a 13% chance of catching Covid 19 if you stand 1m from someone.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lee01 said:

It's no doubt a later model from after your time. This has 500V capacity. 

No doubt equal to what I used, but I still prefer the old versions. Fault location was an art I learned( with help from the experts). Repeater station work was simple. PTO work on an old megger/varley/Wheatstone bridge was an art, with the distance to the demarcation line so close.

The one you showed was as like to the old thing as a meter 12 to the old metal 9083, with it's ballistic test facility.

Edited by VWD

On 02/06/2020 at 23:17, VWD said:

Nah, that’s not a proper Megger,....... this is ....10kV

667DCA6C-EE7C-49F7-86B0-3A7346B93F9B.jpeg

Edited by Kenny R
  • Like 3

Still no handle, but not a bad output. But highest  voltage I've seen on a telecomms cable was circa 5KV ,(Atlantic submarine cable ) , whereas the inland ones were 1kv.

but back on. I've suddenly taken a dislike to loose ready to eat stuff like Tomatoes, after watching one woman (hands in leather type) gloves rummage through a box of vine tomatoes. I watched her walk into store, not bother to clean her gloves or trolley and head over to the tomatoes. Then other salad stuff, not in packaging and took a sudden dislike to loose veg. She got non squidgy toms. What did other shoppers get from the toms ?? Some stores beggar belief. Outside, neat 2m lines to help queues stay 2m apart. Inside same thing, then get to checkout to find only one checkout out of seven ( meaning that four could be open to keep distance between them) .  I'm afraid that these days nationals like this one need these facts put on FB to wake up management to cost cutting ??

Sadly. no humour in this, but it is a strong reminder to keep socially distanced.

Greater Manchester reports on the eastern side of the city:

"Tameside and Bury had the highest Covid infection rates in Greater Manchester in the fortnight to last Thursday, according to figures circulated among councils over the past few days.

The numbers showed a significantly varying picture across the conurbation, but also estimated that overall, the region’s infection rate was at that point running at nearly twice the English average."

On the other hand:

"Stockport was found to have the lowest rate of infection per 100,000 people, followed by Salford."

0_Rates-GMJPG.jpg

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/covid-hotspots-greater-manchester-revealed-18398133

Edited by StickyMicky
  • Sad 2

On 11/06/2020 at 10:02, shyVRS245 said:

Paying by contactless card just to be on the safe side no doubt.🤐

Depends how big the 'bill' is.........i'll get my coat.........