Is it a 140 or a 170?

tintinandcharlie

There are more important things to worry about ATM, but I'm trying to buy a Yeti Elegance that's advertised on autotrader and Cargurus as a 170, but on the dealer's website as a 140, although they also have a Gen2 170 for sale. Not sure where the sausage fingers have fumbled.

Are there any visual differences between a 140 and a 170 that I might spot in photos which might be a clue to which it is? There are no underbonnet pics.

Cheers.

T

BTW, as a result of this, [redacted] (Apologies to the mods if this isn't strictly allowed in this section. Sorry. Feel free to edit...)

Edit: Post-Boris Announcement: Well, I won't be going to buy a car anytime soon, it appears. But the question still stands so I'm equipped when the country opens again. If anyone's still in business. Fingers crossed...

Edited by john999boy
You need to be a Freedom member. ;-)

2 hours ago, tintinandcharlie said:

There are more important things to worry about ATM, but I'm trying to buy a Yeti Elegance that's advertised on autotrader and Cargurus as a 170, but on the dealer's website as a 140, although they also have a Gen2 170 for sale. Not sure where the sausage fingers have fumbled.

Are there any visual differences between a 140 and a 170 that I might spot in photos which might be a clue to which it is? There are no underbonnet pics.

Cheers.

T

BTW, as a result of this, [redacted] (Apologies to the mods if this isn't strictly allowed in this section. Sorry. Feel free to edit...)

Edit: Post-Boris Announcement: Well, I won't be going to buy a car anytime soon, it appears. But the question still stands so I'm equipped when the country opens again. If anyone's still in business. Fingers crossed...

@john999boy: oops,  sorry! Thanks for your input.  

Some say the red on the rear 4 x 4 gives an indication, the x on one is red and the 4's are red on the other  -  seem to remember a thread on here about it!

My 140 , just checked, red I and x

Edited by Frenchtone

Hi. If it is any help, my 170 badge shows:  TDI 4X4. I think this identifies it correctly (unless someone has changed the badge!) Not sure of the badge colours on the other variants.

Trev M.

Does the advert show the number plate?

Is so stick it in the Government's MOT checker website (good to do when researching used cars anyway)...

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status

It doesn't give you the engine power output, but it does give you the CO2 emissions, which vary between the CR140 and CR170.

Here are the details from my Kodiaq...

image.png.7e17fd8a59caaebc924a6bd560e1c430.png

• Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI CR 140PS 4x4 DPF - 152g/km
  • Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI CR 170PS 4x4 DPF - 149g/km
  • Like 1

On 31/03/2020 at 09:45, Mcbean said:

Got a red X no TDI badge - chrome pipe ends - its a 140 i think  

My 140 didn't have chrome pipe ends, it does now.

Red I in TDI and red x in 4x4

15 minutes ago, Daveyeti said:

Nice one. Did you notice the the difference with bigger disks. Makes total sense upgrading brakes if re-mapping.

Oh Yes!

The reason I changed the brakes was mainly because I  tow an unbraked trailer that weighs between 500 & 700kg and coming from a Vrs or two before the Yeti I found the standard 140 brakes were woeful.

I should really have bought a 170 but when I was looking there were none for sale in the spec that I wanted, having said that mine does have more torque than a 170 useful when towing either the trailer or the caravan.

9 minutes ago, idleness said:

Oh Yes!

The reason I changed the brakes was mainly because I  tow an unbraked trailer that weighs between 500 & 700kg and coming from a Vrs or two before the Yeti I found the standard 140 brakes were woeful.

I should really have bought a 170 but when I was looking there were none for sale in the spec that I wanted, having said that mine does have more torque than a 170 useful when towing either the trailer or the caravan.

Yep, noted the 420nm, had to ask google to convert that to old school, around 310ft lb. Love the torque on these things and its the only reason I'd consider a remap really, just to enjoy more torque. You experienced any reliability issues with remap?

1 minute ago, Daveyeti said:

You experienced any reliability issues with remap?

Not really but I did have new DMF the week before the remap.

I can take the remap on and off whenever I want and the only thing I have noticed is that regens on long journeys 200+miles are more frequent with the map on, the exhaust runs hotter in 140 trim as its working harder so more passive regens happen hence a longer time between active regens. On cumulative short journeys  it make no difference.