What Sunglasses do you wear ?

jonny boy

Oakley E wire, titanuim frame black iridium lens, Oakly A wire, black iridium lens, M frames for the mountain bike with either yellow or blue iridium lens in, and some Frogskins with gold iridium lens when I can find them. Also just found my old Rayban Aviators, nice but weigh a bloody ton.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit of a sunglasses addict myself (although I do insist on losing them alot!)

Currently I've got:

Oakley M-Frames - In blue with red irridium sweep lenses and a pare of hybrid-s clears.

Oakley Square Wires - In black with black irridium lenses (these are currently in the 'states with my friend who STILL hasnt posted them to me!)

I've also got a pair of TOG 24 shades and some Old Navy ones.

I've got some react-to-light jobbies from Vision Express that I got at a very good price in one of their sales. Just a shame that they don't adjust behind glass so they're not great in the car :(

Time to try and find some prescription sunglasses for this year then :D

Chris

Oakleys

On my last pair of straightjackets that I bought from the states a few years ago.

Comfy and really clear things up for driving on bright days

I'm convinced that reading everyones answer to this thread, that nearly EVERY Skoda owner owns Oakleys ?

Did Skoda do a 'Buy some Oakleys and get a Skoda free' ?

Or was it the other way round ? :D

I'm convinced that reading everyones answer to this thread' date=' that nearly EVERY Skoda owner owns Oakleys ?

Did Skoda do a 'Buy some Oakleys and get a Skoda free' ?

Or was it the other way round ? :D[/quote']

Maybe nearly all sunglasses wearers have a pair?

Just to continue the trend, I have a pair of Oakley Juliet X Metal Ice Iridium Polarised, the best shades I have ever had, getting plenty of use over here in Barcelona :cool:

8859.attach

• Administrators
Just to continue the trend, I have a pair of Oakley Juliet X Metal Ice Iridium Polarised, the best shades I have ever had, getting plenty of use over here in Barcelona :cool:

they look like them, except blue lens and not so chrome chiny like...

I love the blue for driving and mountaineering, although not dark enough for snow work outside of the uk really :(, but fine for rock and hill's, they just accentuate everything so well, reduces the strain and arn't too dark...if that makes as much sense as I normally make, I'd best clarify, I can wear them when it's cloudy or raining and it still benefits me, unlike my cheap and cheerfull chemist ones I used for a while, good but too dark and brown :(

/edit afterthought, I wonder if ice = blue...would be logical...polarised they are too I think, must go and find the chitty for them...

Guest Fabia 12v

I've got these, Bloc from Millets.... sorry to be different!!

And part of the pack that came with the golf was a pair of aviators.

Prescription Oakleys,

Have to go to USA to get them though as Oakley UK don't manufacture the lenses to the correct strength for me in this country for some reason.

But its always good to order them over the phone and them pick them up when i arrive.

I wear Ray Bans. I bought my first pair in 97 and since then wont buy any other brand. Best sunglasses I have ever owned.

Losdt my first pair though. They were ray ban predators. The same as will smith had in the original men in black

Two words for everyone in this thread - Fashion Victims!!! Oakley make/have made some awful looking sunnies imho, especially those ones that Vin Diesel wore in Pitch Black, put me off Oakley for life! I wear a pair of $12 specs bought from Walmart whilst in Texas a couple of years ago. Before that I owned a few pairs of Arnette (and Arnet before they changed the name) which were handed on to me by a surfer mate of mine who was sponsored by them, they were always in really bad nick though as he kept them in his van and the lenses were always scratched to b*ggery because of all the sand! Only really wear sunglasses when driving, Northern Ireland isn't the brightest place in the world sun-wise!!! Have never really seen the point of spending big bucks on a pair of sunglasses when the sun hardly ever shines, maybe if I lived somewhere a little closer to the equator my attitude might be different...

I choose Oakley as they do the job properly. I use them for mountain biking, going on holiday, driving and as I am out here in Oman I use them for work too. I get headaches with cheapo sunnies so paying a lot for a product that works doesn't bother me. In contrast I have just paid £270 (would be £400+ in the UK) for my normal glasses. I pay this as I want the best lense not some cheap cacky one that will scratch when you sneeze on it.

Two words for everyone in this thread - Fashion Victims!!!
Rob, I think you'll find that although Oakleys are obviously fashionable, they have been at the cutting edge of lenses and sunglasses manufacture for many years now.

They took safety standards to a new level, making the 'normal' shades not only good lookng, but safe as well.

Many athletes around the world have had thier eyesight saved by a pair of Oakleys. My mate for one, was playing golf when a ball hit him in the eye (he was wearing a pair of 5's) and if he were wearing a 'normal' pair of fashion shades, more than likely he would have been seriously damaged.

When Mountainbiking for example, stones from another rider in front of you can hit the lenses at OVER 200mph. Oakley 'shotgun blast' test thier lenses in research to ensure the very best in safety and have done so for many years.

Oakley have SUPERB customer service as well. You pay

Hi

Got to agree that although they are pretty good, Oakleys are really a fashion trinket. I have been using shades that are shotgun blast and 50M 1" steel ball drop test resistant for years before Oakleys were commonplace. Currently have 1 pair of polarised yellow topframe french made shooting ones (

Most important aspect of sunglasses for me has to be eye protection, uv and physical. Cheap sunnies risk your eyes through uv damage. I would rather quality sunnines now than blind in 20 yrs time.

Oakleys may be a fashion thing now, but having worn them for years I don't count myself a follower through fashion, more that they are excellent sunnies, and easily available so earn my custom that way.