Skoda Enyaq

vrskeith

The VW man has been on the phone to me today to see if I want an ID.4, they're giving a deposit contribution of £750 on the 1st Edition. Cars available before end March. Time to compare specs... but not yet sold on the looks of the VW vs. the Enyaq.

On 01/02/2021 at 15:32, Lee_M said:

@Masternetwhat is the audio like in your car?   I can't see any upgrade options available on the configurator (for Canton), although internet reviews say Canton is available.

Hi, 

Canton will be available later. I have the standard audio system for the 82 kWh battery (8 speakers) and the soud is pretty good (similar to my Octavia (2018) with Canton).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The latest on ordering for UK customers is that ordering for priority list customers will open 22nd February. Orders for normal plebs / lease firms will open 2nd week of March. Although first deliveries are said to start arriving in summer, Skoda seem to think September is summer and folks should not expect a car before then!

All the above is too late for me and I've ordered an ID.4 1st Edition. It arrives mid-March, about the time I can order an Enyaq! I'm a little disappointed as I think the Enyaq is a better looking car, but I don't look at it while driving it......

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, monkey182 said:

Very interesting as I thinking the same ID4 v Enyaq. When add what I want to Enyaq. It becomes a id4.

will wait and drive both.  Tesla model 3 anybody ?

I don't know (even for the odd occasions) if I could manage with a boot instead of a hatch. Now when the Model Y becomes available............

Actually I'm sure I could manage but a hatchback is 100% the better option.

1 hour ago, monkey182 said:

Very interesting as I thinking the same ID4 v Enyaq. When add what I want to enyaq. It becomes a id4.

will wait and drive both.  Tesla model 3 anybody ?

I've been thinking the same.  But the id4 first edition doesn't have some of the spec you would add to the skoda to get to the id4 price.  Assuming you are talking about the enyaq 60 that is... 

As for tesla, but worried about build quality and ride quality as both are said to be lacking.  Also having to look down at the screen for the speedo just seems odd. 

Gonna wait and see if the enyaq pricing is simply rrp or whether there are any discounts. 

Edited by Lee_M

Model 3 was out due to being a saloon, I need a hatch. Model Y would be a contender if it was available, but there's not even a date for European deliveries yet. Tesla's big advantage is 250+ miles range and I realised long ago I don't need that for 99% of my journeys. I worked out that 200 motorway miles will be fine. 80Kwh ID.4 / Enyaq should do 220-250 on a full charge.

@Lee_MWhat is missing from ID.4 that you would add to Enyaq for same money? Given 1st Edition 80 is £38700 OTR.

39 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

Model 3 was out due to being a saloon, I need a hatch. Model Y would be a contender if it was available, but there's not even a date for European deliveries yet. Tesla's big advantage is 250+ miles range and I realised long ago I don't need that for 99% of my journeys. I worked out that 200 motorway miles will be fine. 80Kwh ID.4 / Enyaq should do 220-250 on a full charge.

@Lee_MWhat is missing from ID.4 that you would add to Enyaq for same money? Given 1st Edition 80 is £38700 OTR.

I was just saying that you can add virtually all of the options to the Enyaq 60 for that money that the ID4 doesn't have.   Adaptive suspension, Matrix LED headlights, Electric Boot, 360 cameras  100kw charging (what does the ID4 come with?) etc.

All of the online reviews for the ID4 i've found are for the ID4 first edition MAX which we don't seem to be getting in the UK.  No idea why we are getting a lower spec, must be brexit :D

OK so your not making a fair comparison, as the ID.4 First Edition in the UK has the 80Kwh battery. Compare the Enyaq 80 with it.

ID.4 First Edition has 125Kw charging as standard.

I was interested in how you arrived at your conclusion in case I had overlooked something, but I'm not interested in Enyaq 60.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

OK so your not making a fair comparison, as the ID.4 First Edition in the UK has the 80Kwh battery. Compare the Enyaq 80 with it.

ID.4 First Edition has 125Kw charging as standard.

I was interested in how you arrived at your conclusion in case I had overlooked something, but I'm not interested in Enyaq 60.

I think 200 mile range per day is fine for me... can't see myself ever doing more than that, and if I do happy to stop for 40mins to recharge.  ID4 does look good though, but still waiting for a real review of the UK launch model rather than the MAX version which has adaptive suspension to make the ride comfier.

I'm probably 10 years away from buying an EV but it will be an SUV shaped model as we retire and sell both our ICE cars because we will only be doing a few miles per year and will charge from home. Hopefully the range by then will be nearer to 500 miles rather than today's 200-300 miles. If I was buying an EV this year it would the the VW First Edition ID.4 which looks ok and seems to do everything most people need in a car for a decent price.

On 12/02/2021 at 21:23, 666djb said:

And I've done the same. The ID.4 1st Ed works out a better deal than the Enyaq with the necessary options. Still, my Kodiaq got a great trade in price from VW.

On 14/02/2021 at 10:44, Lee_M said:

I've been thinking the same.  But the id4 first edition doesn't have some of the spec you would add to the skoda to get to the id4 price.  Assuming you are talking about the enyaq 60 that is... 

As for tesla, but worried about build quality and ride quality as both are said to be lacking.  Also having to look down at the screen for the speedo just seems odd. 

Gonna wait and see if the enyaq pricing is simply rrp or whether there are any discounts. 

I would be looking at 80 loft need the range... v ID4

I think you need to compare the Enyaq 80 with the ID4 First Ed. The things on the ID4 which need to be added on to the Enyaq include: 20 inch wheels (hardly a necessity!), keyless entry, heated windscreen, 125 kW charger, some metallic paint, assisted drive (plus?), USBs in the back. But by going with the ID4, I will get a smaller infotainment display (10 inches vs. 13 inches).

The Skoda man has been on the blower today telling me that his order book is open for Enyaqs. I was tempted to call back to see what the lead time is - rumour has it September (probably somewhere above on this thread).

As to whether my 24 March date holds true for the ID4 remains to be seen, but I'll happily come back and give impressions of the thing as I am sure the Enyaq will be no different to drive.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 666djb said:

I think you need to compare the Enyaq 80 with the ID4 First Ed. The things on the ID4 which need to be added on to the Enyaq include: 20 inch wheels (hardly a necessity!), keyless entry, heated windscreen, 125 kW charger, some metallic paint, assisted drive (plus?), USBs in the back. But by going with the ID4, I will get a smaller infotainment display (10 inches vs. 13 inches).

The Skoda man has been on the blower today telling me that his order book is open for Enyaqs. I was tempted to call back to see what the lead time is - rumour has it September (probably somewhere above on this thread).

As to whether my 24 March date holds true for the ID4 remains to be seen, but I'll happily come back and give impressions of the thing as I am sure the Enyaq will be no different to drive.

I’m looking at an Enyaq purchase too, and as they’re the same car underneath, it’s only natural that you look at the ID4 too. 

My personal spec would be different, but to compare to the ID4 1st edition, I specified an Enyaq in what looks like a close comparison. So picked an 80 Lodge and added metallic paint, 20” wheels. Then added following options... basic climate package to add heated washers and front seats; basic assisted drive to add active cruise control; and the 125Kwh charging option to get to a grand total of £42,080, so about £1,300 more than ID4 1st edition. Drive the deal currently has the ID4 for £35,117 after govt grant so about ~5% off list. Who knows what discount will be on Enyaq.

Personally, if ordering an Enyaq I’d probably go for 80 Lounge or eco-suite, I wouldn’t bother with assisted drive as I have ACC on superb now and there’s bits about it that I equally like and loathe so if asked to pay £700 for it, I wouldn’t tick that box (it was standard on Superb). I wouldn’t bother with 20” wheels, but like the style of the 21” wheels so would either go for these or standard 19” wheels (purely on ride comfort and saving £1,100 over 21”) I would probably option the heat pump, interesting that it’s almost £300 more on VW options list. So all in I suspect my Enyaq will still be ~£2K more than ID4 1st edition. I personally think the Enyaq looks better and seems to have slightly more practical boot space (for dogs) than ID4 that appears to slope more at rear. This might just be an optical illusion though - I haven’t looked in detail. So still not made up my mind. 🙄

F57075D3-59C2-4C98-8E41-B4ADFA361535.thumb.jpeg.177fcbff8ca611de0a7e37239c4d3861.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Not sure if the uk market will see this:

ŠKODA is giving its customers a sporting chance this year with the addition of a SportLine trim to its new all-electric SUV range, the Enyaq SportLine iV. Black exterior detailing, large alloy wheels and a lowered sports chassis provide a sporting edge to the line-up.

it might close the gap :)

1 minute ago, ColinD said:

Not sure if the uk market will see this:

ŠKODA is giving its customers a sporting chance this year with the addition of a SportLine trim to its new all-electric SUV range, the Enyaq SportLine iV. Black exterior detailing, large alloy wheels and a lowered sports chassis provide a sporting edge to the line-up.

it might close the gap :)

@ZacDaMan72Just beat you Colin with a different thread title.

• Administrators

I wasn’t aware we were in a competition :)

sharing is the winner.

back to the ev enyaq... it is jolly interesting seeing this topic develop. So much thought and analysis. I still fondly remember walking into car lots and just buying a car.

the whole options and differing prices for options... every manufacturer should offer excel (other spreadsheets are available) training.

• Like 1

So many choices that the salepeople will be in a spin and be confused by Skoda discontinuing versions / options before anyone even got to actually receiving a new factory order.

That is if salespeople ever get to know what is what, how they charge and how far a customer might get one to go on a full charge with passengers in the seats and luggage in the boot.

The Insurance companies will hopefully have sussed the complications of the various vehicles spec and just go by the performance when it comes to the group they fall into.

1 hour ago, e-Roottoot said:

So many choices that the salepeople will be in a spin and be confused by Skoda discontinuing versions / options before anyone even got to actually receiving a new factory order.

Thought that’s already been the usual with their ICE cars from the past few years...

• Like 1

@ZacDaMan72 it very much has been the case with some Skoda Dealership employees where the management seem to have them poorly trained on the products being sold.

With Lockdown now and a long enough lead up to actually taking orders for the vehicles the sales staff might have familiarised them selves with what there will be.

That will be on paper or screen obviously as they have no vehicles to be trucking around in currently and sticking on the chargers the Dealerships should now have installed.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2021 at 12:26, shyVRS245 said:

I'm probably 10 years away from buying an EV but it will be an SUV shaped model as we retire and sell both our ICE cars because we will only be doing a few miles per year and will charge from home. Hopefully the range by then will be nearer to 500 miles rather than today's 200-300 miles. If I was buying an EV this year it would the the VW First Edition ID.4 which looks ok and seems to do everything most people need in a car for a decent price.

And maybe in 10 years time prices for EV's might have reduced to a more reasonable level!

Right now I think all manufacturers are taking the p*** with EV prices. Price differences of up to +50% over ICE models are no incentive to switch - especially for private buyers doing lower mileages where the run costs savings (including the cost to change) are non-existent. If EV prices were more in line with ICE models I would buy tomorrow but they're not & I think that is by design because manufacturers have loads of ICE models to shift before they can switch to full EV model production so the way to do that is to keep their first EV model prices artificially high.

I've been looking at small EV's for the wife for a while now (city, super mini or maybe even a small SUV/Crossover) but I simply can't justify the extra cost of an EV over an an ICE model. Even used EV's are stupid money & the run cost savings when you are only doing 4-5k miles or less pa are just not there. I think my wife has filled her car up 1 time since March last year. It would have been cheaper for us both to have used cabs than own 2 cars for the mileage we have both done!  

That's why I'll be keeping my Superb 280 for a while yet & I'll probably buy another used small ICE car for the wife sometime later this year. For me EV's will have to wait & as ShyVRS245 said, perhaps then EV range, the charge infrastructure & vehicle pricing will be much better. My hope is that EV gets some proper competition from Hydrogen Fuel Cell which seems to be back on the agenda for some manufacturers. That said the infrastructure for Hydrogen is virtually non existent & more complicated to put in place so it could be a long wait. 

The way things are right now, there's a 90% chance that I will never get an EV vehicle in my driving lifetime.