Washer Fluid Funnel Mod Replacement

On 24/05/2020 at 10:00, DC04R said:

They're turd, mine catches the airbox

Is that catching on the air box on the TDi as that's what mine is, and looking in the bay the air box is certainly close the the filler neck? 

Edited by paulski

I’ve fitted it to my TDI. Yes you have to position it so that it doesn’t foul on anything around it once open but no complaints from me (and I have OCD).

The only thing I do find annoying is the bonnet stay being in the way when I pour the washer fluid!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CookieMonster87 said:

I’ve fitted it to my TDI. Yes you have to position it so that it doesn’t foul on anything around it once open but no complaints from me (and I have OCD).

The only thing I do find annoying is the bonnet stay being in the way when I pour the washer fluid!

You need some struts 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

yeah mine catches on the airbox when you open it. Put a black normal style one back on now. Hardly ever need to fill it up and it wasn't that tricky before anyway, ha.

• Like 1

I find the OE washer filler cap works perfectly without catching on any adjacent parts and given the mesh filter near the top I cannot see how one would use a funnel .

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NZ100 said:

Wait till you hit 80. 😂

Oh I don't think it's recommended to fill the washer fluid whilst the car is moving.  :D

I can't get my head around this - why the need for a funnel - can't you people pour washer fluid without spilling it? And if like Dominic Cummings, you suffer from poor eyesight,  you spill some, so what?

You don't want to spill any fluid in your lovely spotlessly clean engine bay, but you're only too happy to pull a lever beside the steering wheel, for the fluid to go all over your windscreen, A-pillars and roof  :D 

Looks about as useful as a fart in a spacesuit but as long as it makes folk feel happy I suppose.

Edited by Guest

42 minutes ago, NZ100 said:

Its a gadget, men like gadgets. 

I bet we've all got stuff in the garage we dont use. 🙃

This!

Anyone want a vr headset, Apple TV, smart plug, food mixer, M4/3 camera......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Like the funnel that I dont use because I learned how to pour from containers avoiding spills.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

WARNING - After going through this thread and checking out the links I found the next morning that my EBay account was hacked and a Russian ordered some PC parts and this washer cap, they had cleverly changed the delivery address by simply adding a new address after the first line of mine so it did not look too obvious to the sellers.  I had a unique password on my Ebay account so I do not know how it happened. Luckily I noticed it quickly as I need to check the status of some other orders and managed to get Ebay to cancel the Russian orders and block their IP address so I did not lose anything.  Needless to say I now have a very secure new password on several of my accounts including Briskoda.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

Thanks for the update.

ive removed the links, on mobile atm so can’t investigate properly.

will hunt for similar too.

i doubt its from anything here, more likely a man in the middle or redirect. Do you recall anything in the flow that looked odd, or rejected a login attempt?

good on you for having the sense to use different passwords.

ive had two clients this year call me with similar problems, except they used the same password everywhere. That was a long and painful day for them.

will keep my eyes peeled during the investigations.

• Like 2

Had a look but the two firewalls and a vpn should take care of anything, plus they're going to have to do well to crack a 16 letter password with upper, lower case, 4 numbers and two symbols in.