Briskoda Track Day

Delcac

I'm sure I could get a couple of Impreza's to come along to keep numbers up and costs down if there are welcome ;)

When hiring out the track, does it include Public Liability insurance and Third party cover?

We may even be able to organise a group rate for cover on our cars through someone like Eggar Lawson.

Would it be an idea to contact Bookatrack or Easytrack to see if they'd do a day for us only? They've done that for other owners clubs in the past.

Steve

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forget track day cover.. its a total rip off..

if you cant afford to bend it dont run.. is a simple rule.

This way nobody is under any illusions.

If you do enought trackdays you will quickly find that the money saved on cover would cover most damage you will be likely to incur....

forget track day cover.. its a total rip off..

if you cant afford to bend it dont run.. is a simple rule.

This way nobody is under any illusions.

If you do enought trackdays you will quickly find that the money saved on cover would cover most damage you will be likely to incur....

Depends on the company you use. Greenlight charge an extra premium for the day (

would you really want to lose your road ncb for a minor shunt on track?

just my opinion... i have found people who are scared to be on track and worriing about their car tend to be a liability - in comparison with those who are out there to have fun and are concentrating on driving....

I think if everyone has a mutual respect of one another on track, regardless of what car anyone's driving, then all is well. If I do a track day, I'll most likely not bother with track day cover, and rely on my attitude toward racing / driving on normal roads (within limits of course. :D) to set me right on a track. That's my personal feelings anyway.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to enquire to L.V about cover for one track day?

would you really want to lose your road ncb for a minor shunt on track?

just my opinion... i have found people who are scared to be on track and worriing about their car tend to be a liability - in comparison with those who are out there to have fun and are concentrating on driving....

I wouldn't claim for a minor shunt and I don't let my worries of totalling the car slow me down ;)

However, I couldn't afford a total write off!

If I stack it into the barriers then it's my hard luck but what I do worry about is the standard of other peoples driving (overtaking on the inside of corners etc.)

Steve

Dont worry Steve am sure I will be carrying more than enough speed to go round the outside even when the inside is a better options.. :silly:

As a rule driving standards are up to the clerk of the course. Long courses tend to stick with overtake to the left... short tracks allow both sides.. some tracks will only allow it down the straights which would be very frustrating for a talented driver in a Fab (Jason) stuck behind a less talented one in an Octy vRS (such as Des :Cat: ).

Also if there is enough interest am pretty sure we would be split into groups so that the likes of Jon and myself can have our own private battles without causing distress to novices!

If I stack it into the barriers then it's my hard luck but what I do worry about is the standard of other peoples driving (overtaking on the inside of corners etc.)

From what I've seen spectating amateur trackdays, the standard of driving is a lot higher than on the road, as people who are willing to pay the money to do these have an interest in driving unlike those who view their car as an appliance.

Guess a lot of it depends on the track day - if it's a fast track with a lot of cars on it, then the chances of a high speed accident are higher than if it's a one-at-a-time slalom thing.

Personally I wouldn't bother with insurance on the road if I didn't have to, as I'll have paid back the value of my car within three years in premiums alone, and that's ignoring my current

I would be up for a trackday, ffelans assuption is correct, and 2+ cars would turn up..

I think anglesey would be a really good venue, nice and quick and one of the most fun circuits i have been too.

With regards insurance, most people don't bother as most people full understand the risks before they set foot on the track and most people also don't want to wreck there pride and joy! You should not put yourself in a position on track where you would end up having an accident (other than a mechanical problem, but most cars are checked and re-checked before going on track).

Build up your speed slowly and get a good feel for your car and the track before you start to explore the limits (your car will feel much different on track).

si

This is where the mutual respect comes in.

If, a member wanted to come along in his 1.4 8v Fabia, I would respect the fact that he/she is significantly slower than me, so give room, and wait to overtake in a safe spot. I would "hope" this kind of respect would be the same from you 250HP RS owners to someone like myself. I think this respect should be at the heart of all track days - and if everyone has it, then the day should be fun for everyone, regardless of their motor. :thumbup:

Yep - I think those two cars could cause some serious [soiled] "seat of the pants" type moments for others on the day - particularly since Westies can be difficult to spot to normal saloon drivers on the best of days let alone when they are flying :shocked:

Not half as frightening as the **** your pants scary 1.3 Nova :eyecrazy: :shocked:

Thats just too fast for the likes of me!

All you can say about these types is: WNACKER!

Blimey, what a response. :)

Firstly what ever track we book I personally wouldn't run unless strict trackday rules apply enforced by Marsheals at bends waving flags/fingers. :nono:

I would have thought a well known track would be out of our price range ie,

Bruntingthorpe = 3.5K 30 cars @

Des

Agree with your first point, I would only entertain it if strict rules apply having witnessed a track day at Castle Coombe where several cars were badly damaged by "****" driving including collisions between cars.

Re other makes would suggest we run it as Skoda only initially & then open it up to invited friends when its known how many spaces are left.

One Question having never done a pure trackday, are cars scrutineered before they go out, I ask that because at the aforementioned meeting one person was running a MOT failure he had trailered in & didnt care if he wrecked it, not the kind of person I want to be on the track with. I would add this was an open day organised by a magazine & not a club day

Stuart

marshalling doesnt stop **** drivers.. have found the ususal case to be the scrappers are mates of the orgs... hence get away with it.

You also have to remember that one mans meat is anothers poison.. on the rpm day we all had fun and i dont recall any complaints about briskodian driving (on track ) and yet we did pass on either side / through corners etc

is does depend on the mix "on the day" and sadly that will always have the element of surprise.. weather might be a factor.. :)

Most tracks have got some sort of scrutineering not that I would expect any one on here would be bringing a banger. I think there are more interested in exhaust db levels TBH and from what i've seen in the past the marsheals usually black flag bad drivers very quickly.

I also would prefer a Skoda only trackday but lets see how many are interested first before we make any decisions. The magic number would be 30ish so come on boys, girls and Jon get your name down you know it makes sense.

With are own trackday we can dictate the agenda for the day. If you want a couple of 'L' plate sessions or if you want passenger laps at a lower cost, slower car/driver sessions even.

Its your trackday you decide.

Des