Briskoda Track Day

Delcac

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem - I'm hoping to prove my little hatch will be decent on the track. I was giving it some beans on the back lanes around here tonight, as I'm getting a couple of new front tyres tomorrow morning.

Q is, ASR on or off? :D

[holds head in hands and weeps out loud] :rolleyes:

PS: currently on Mac at Dad's office - downloading a game at 55kbp/s. Bloody lovely! :D

PS: huck if you're reading this - thanks for the suggestion but it only works on Mac OS 10.2 and above, and I guess OS 9.1 is still in the macintosh "dark ages" :(

Tell him those H.U.D's are only needed on fast jets & Jabba'd Skodas ;)

Daft Question Time..

Do all track days require lids ??

Usually, yes. Though on the last VW driver day at Castle Combe it was down to the driver if they wanted to or not! Think I would prefer the lid, just in case. ;)

OK.

1) Bruntingthorpe

If you are trying to attract as many Skoda owners as possible to attend, many of whom will never have tried a track day before, then I'd say Airfield wins.- SO Bruntingthorpe gets my vote, and although numbers needed are higher, you should be able to attract some from chosen other marques ?

2) Vale of Glam'

Access issues for some owners. Don't know the track - plenty of run off ???

3) Angelsey

Provided that its Skoda only or it is strictly 'like-skilled' driver groups only

Rob

Bruntingthorpe my choice

Well, Anglesey looks about a billion miles away from anywhere...

Bruntingthorpe looks pretty central

Llandow looks not too bad if you're in the South

My prefs would be:

1) Bruntingthorpe

2) Llandow

How about a poll?

'like-skilled' driver groups only

Woooo Hoooo! I get the track to myself with the "Driving Like Miss Daisy" group! :D

I'd say Bruntingthorpe for the following reasons:

1. Its easy for most people to get to

2. Nice easy track to learn

3. Nice wide track

4. Plenty of run off if you screw it up

I'd say that for there we invite the Seat boys, as they have comparable cars. That way the majority of us will be happy.

Woooo Hoooo! I get the track to myself with the "Driving Like Miss Daisy" group! :D

I'd say Bruntingthorpe for the following reasons:

1. Its easy for most people to get to

2. Nice easy track to learn

3. Nice wide track

4. Plenty of run off if you screw it up

I'd say that for there we invite the Seat boys' date=' as they have comparable cars. That way the majority of us will be happy.[/quote']

A agree with all of the above if it means securing Bruntingthorpe.

I've only done a handful of trackdays but I felt 'safe' there when much faster drivers and cars were whizzing past. The only other point I suppose is to make sure that they've swept and sealed the track before we go - especially if its breezy.

Could someone bring a radar gun as well to allow single car straight runs at 'lunchtime' ?

Rob