Briskoda Track Day

Delcac

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry' date=' only Skoda drivers and EX-Scooby drivers will be allowed to drive.

I'm double qualified as are a few others - how about joining us and ditching the Subaru for 2004 ?[/quote']

As long as hes in a *mans* car and not a hairdressers datsun 350Z :D

fabpreza, why do u have such a thing against other marques?

I think most other briskodian's would like to see a friend again at a track event, like we have in the past on the rpm tour, tyred goat stages , multiforum drive out and various other trackdays etc..

All through this thread u have been totally apposed to any other marque attending this trackday, even though Me, ffelan, gossy & others attend most other briskoda events. Afterall, is this not a "briskoda" trackday rather than a "skoda drivers" trackday?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but is the whole idea of this day not just to have some fun and learn something about your cars?

si

fabpreza' date=' why do u have such a thing against other marques?

I think most other briskodian's would like to see a friend again at a track event, like we have in the past on the rpm tour, tyred goat stages , multiforum drive out and various other trackdays etc..

All through this thread u have been totally apposed to any other marque attending this trackday, even though Me, ffelan, gossy & others attend most other briskoda events. Afterall, is this not a "briskoda" trackday rather than a "skoda drivers" trackday?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but is the whole idea of this day not just to have some fun and learn something about your cars?

si[/quote']

As i said earlier, it's open to ALL Briskodians, or if its not then i've gotten hold of entirely the wrong end of the stick.

When the number of Briskoda members definitely interested is confirmed, we can then open it to other fourms (fora ?) to keep the costs to a reasonable level.

si[/quote']

He is right fabpreza.

Ive seen Si, and ffelan at every briskoda represented event ive been to, and several ive not.

I dont have any problem whatsoever with them being welcome, as i was welcome at the national and several driveouts with my clio vRS/WRX :D

Afterall, is this not a "briskoda" trackday rather than a "skoda drivers" trackday?

si[/quote']

I think you must have missed the ;) in my post, and the blatant comment about Subarus (I've had 6). I'm forever encouraging anyone with a Subaru to try a Skoda. Get it ?

Anyway - I've no objection to you or your car attending a Briskoda track day - I thought the premise was that we may need to open it up to other marques owners anyway depending on demand and the track we pick.

The only point I think that should be made is that there are a fair few people who have never been on a track day and their Skoda is the first one they would consider taking part with. If we open it out very widely (what power output do you have now Si?!) then it would be sensible to think about running in different groups on the day.

Rob

Sorry MonkeyHanger' date=' didn't mean to cause a fuss.

Just didn't like been told by someone else that I wasn't welcome, just because I drove a different marque of car, after both u and delcal said I was welcome.

si[/quote']

Si, perhaps i wasnt clear enough, sorry ;)

Just trying to point out that its a Briskoda meet, rather than a Skoda meet :)

The only point I think that should be made is that there are a fair few people who have never been on a track day and their Skoda is the first one they would consider taking part with. If we open it out very widely (what power output do you have now Si?!) then it would be sensible to think about running in different groups on the day.

Rob

I was talkin to Si about this a few days ago.. alot of organisation is going into this trackday to make it n00b friendly.. (me included)

fear not.. noone will be intimidated.. im very impressed at the thought that is going into this... :)

(thanks in advance everyone involved, you know who you are) :)

ok, everything understud now, just a little misunderstanding i think.

Anyway, what i would suggest, and i know a few of us have talked about his (me, colind, ffelan, tavia4x4, neo vrs) is that we do run a few "sessions" on a trackday.

This is only an idea (so don't all shout at me if you disapprove) for the more "experianced" track drivers to take out some of the novices / less experianced round the track first to show them how to get the most out of there driving and how to have the most fun safely.

One the novices have been round the track with a more experianced driver, then the roles would be reversed and the novice driver takes the more experianced on track in the passenger seat. This would encourage briskodians who have never met before to "buddy" up with someone and share the experiance and also to allow the more experiance to pass on there knowlage and guidence.

Furthermore, it would mean that the faster cars would be on track first (get it out of there system early on) and then let the slower cars / drivers out together so that Mr. trackday virgin in his 1.4 fabia doesn't get scarred whitless by someone like me coming thundering up behind them and panicing them at the first corner.

Like i said, it's only an idea, but it might help everyone..

si

• Administrators
ok' date=' everything understud now, just a little misunderstanding i think.

Anyway, what i would suggest, and i know a few of us have talked about his (me, colind, ffelan, tavia4x4, neo vrs) is that we do run a few "sessions" on a trackday.

This is only an idea (so don't all shout at me if you disapprove) for the more "experianced" track drivers to take out some of the novices / less experianced round the track first to show them how to get the most out of there driving and how to have the most fun safely.

One the novices have been round the track with a more experianced driver, then the roles would be reversed and the novice driver takes the more experianced on track in the passenger seat. This would encourage briskodians who have never met before to "buddy" up with someone and share the experiance and also to allow the more experiance to pass on there knowlage and guidence.

Furthermore, it would mean that the faster cars would be on track first (get it out of there system early on) and then let the slower cars / drivers out together so that Mr. trackday virgin in his 1.4 fabia doesn't get scarred whitless by someone like me coming thundering up behind them and panicing them at the first corner.

Like i said, it's only an idea, but it might help everyone..

si[/quote']

Pretty much the idea and combination of thoughts I've had with Jon. Still wolly, but even me track day oof two of three times, the sight of a much faster car is a little off putting, not knowing where to turn etc, one perhaps feels in the way. a few laps with a person who knows a bit more would help alot. and the person taking you around I would 99% say would be happy to...just a thought I mused over while watching a TVR munch on M3's and elises.

Brilliant work, sorry I've been quiet.

• Like 1

Oi Monkey Spanker, NO! :mad:

Si, you are doomed! :D Oh and welcome to attend.

I have no problems being driven round. On the RPM tour I let Julie (Gossy's wife) drive my car at Llandow (went off at the first bend :rolleyes: ) and then again at Pembrey (I'd bought her L plates by then :D ).

No problem at all.

As to the sessions, yep, a good idea.

1.4 fabia doesn't get scarred whitless by someone like me coming thundering up behind them and panicing them at the first corner.

Couldn't you fit some kind of snow-plough type thing to the front of the Scooby? ;)

But yeah, with regard to formats of the days, etc. I'll do whatever, so long as there's no chuffing speed cameras... :D

Rob.

it pays to advertise... :coder: am working on some promo leaflets as we speak...

with quote from prev passenger who enjoyed the ride...

Ashley "slow down or we will get there too fast"

Colin "good recovery... damn theres Si"

Shep " youre a ****ing nutter...aarrrghhh"