What would you change about your Octavia?

4 hours ago, EnterName said:

The sales guy said 32GB max, but I think I should be able to get a 256GB card working just fine.)

I use a 256GB SD card to hold all my music (currently just over 192GB used) organised as \Artist\Album which works well for us as we have all our music with us and can play whatever we fancy for the mood/situation.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2.0 TDI instead of 1.6 TDI which was the only one left when i was buying a car (i didnt want to pay extra for FL version with custom equipment).

HUD.

better cabin sound insulation

Seats with a bit more side support

Memory seats (annoying when wife leave it in her position and she is like 35cm shorter than me) 

front parking sensors

Front seat ISO FIX

RVC (not really high on my list but will install it since it looks simple)

Automatic tail gate opening (sort of  taking care of since it looks simple with springs mod)

Having driven SWMBO Picanto 3 quite a bit, the reversing camera especially, plus cruise control and I admire the autonomous braking /warning system, which has triggered a few times. 

The power and torque of my 1.4tsi out weighs most of the above. 😄

12v sockets switched off by ignition. Can't for the life of me understand why this is not implemented. I can't think of any reasons why these would need to be left on when the ignition is off.

41 minutes ago, kenmc said:

12v sockets switched off by ignition. Can't for the life of me understand why this is not implemented. I can't think of any reasons why these would need to be left on when the ignition is off.

We have a coolbox that we use in the boot, if the socket went off with ignition it would be a real PITA especially when in a really hot climate (e.g. south of France).

The battery management will turn the sockets off to protect the battery if necessary so it won't flatten the battery enough to prevent starting the engine.

the boot i can accept as being permapowered, for that reason. the one up front - nope.

similarly, (thankfully not an issue for me) I can't see the reason for not having lights auto-on/off with the ignition also. The amount of people who seem to forget to turn on their lights is mindboggling.

Edited by kenmc

2 hours ago, kenmc said:

the boot i can accept as being permapowered, for that reason. the one up front - nope.

similarly, (thankfully not an issue for me) I can't see the reason for not having lights auto-on/off with the ignition also. The amount of people who seem to forget to turn on their lights is mindboggling.

I think a number of people use them to charge up dashcams overnight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex-W said:

I think a number of people use them to charge up dashcams overnight.

I used a hard wire kit and a piggy back fuse for that.

56 minutes ago, HBCDestroyer said:

A full size spare wheel.....:@

I took the one out of my Oct 2 when i PX'd it for that reason and I did leave a can of tyre weld in the boot for the garage :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wish it had an interior button to open the boot like my old B5.5 Passat had, oh and something to stop the water dripping into the boot from the hatch window every time I open it in the morning. It soaks everything. 

• Like 1

Well I've just traded my old vrs in for a 18plate race blue vrs with a lot of extras  including extremes and Kessey...

Would be nice to have the start button, somewhere on the dash, maybe to left of instrument cluster, so you can see it, and it makes a bit of a statement instead of being hidden away so no-one can see haha😂😂😂

Edited by studmuffin

Safety features should be standard;

Front parking sensors

Blind spot alert

Lane keep alert

Rear cross-traffic alert

I would add LED headlights as a 'safety' feature, too

Keyless start should be standard these days

Wireless AA/Carplay

LED interior lighting should really be standard these days - globes cost sweet FA

Better isolation from road noise

Gas struts on the bonnet