FL MY2021 Lane Assist Coding Possible?

1 minute ago, mfizz said:

That is not my experience on the motorway. I can see the car doing minute adjustments being centre of the lane. If it doesn't pick up the lines or the lines have disappeared, its a different story. The meandering you speak of use to happen when i didn't have the Active / Adaptive part on.

You can activate TJA as well. The only difference between the two is one enables it to work for speeds below 40mph but ONLY if ACC is on.

I think perhaps what I am experiencing as you say is minute adjustments to the steering and not actually meandering. I'm probably a bit critical of it as its the first time I tried it this week.

Regarding TJA, I always have ACC active but it still turns off ALG at below 40 mph. I do not seem to have an option to turn TJA on anywhere.

8 minutes ago, stephenlumley said:

I think perhaps what I am experiencing as you say is minute adjustments to the steering and not actually meandering. I'm probably a bit critical of it as its the first time I tried it this week.

Regarding TJA, I always have ACC active but it still turns off ALG at below 40 mph. I do not seem to have an option to turn TJA on anywhere.

There is no option for TJA. It just needs to be activated by vcds / obd11 once done you can test it out.

3 minutes ago, mfizz said:

There is no option for TJA. It just needs to be activated by vcds / obd11 once done you can test it out.

Yes this what I assumed. Can anyone show me how to do this?

40 minutes ago, mfizz said:

I'd be interested in this also!

You can find it here for the Non-FL model. 

Just needs someone to take the plunge on FL model. Quite sure it can be done, all the hardware is there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/09/2020 at 19:13, SashaGrace said:

I did it on the FL Superb, coding listed there wasn’t quite accurate, in 44 I needed to code Byte 0 Bit 3 and then do a full shut down and rescan of everything and clear all the errors in the relevant controllers. Worked perfectly.

Hi 

I'm trying to code my new skoda (2020 FL) to add lane assist. I followed the guidance in this post and i get the option in the MMI and on the cocpit, however i also get a watnning Lane Assist not available. I think i may be missing, the full shut down and rescan. Can you advise what do you mean by "full shut down", please? is is car shut down or a function on VCDS?

Thanks

16 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Turn the car off, back on, rescan every module and clear all errors until they are gone. If you keep getting the same errors or errors will not clear, check all the coding again.

Thanks a lot for your advise. It works now. It shows orange lines on cockpit, it also keeps the car in the lines, traffic jam assist seems to work as well. the one thing that seems to be missing is in the cluster, when it activates, a green icon (lines) shows and when assist intervines in it supposed to change to orange (meaning it is working) at least that what manual says. Also i activated steering wheel vibration, however i haven't noticed it working. 

Any idea how to adjust that?

On 03/11/2020 at 08:12, Ka22milos said:

Thanks a lot for your advise. It works now. It shows orange lines on cockpit, it also keeps the car in the lines, traffic jam assist seems to work as well. the one thing that seems to be missing is in the cluster, when it activates, a green icon (lines) shows and when assist intervines in it supposed to change to orange (meaning it is working) at least that what manual says. Also i activated steering wheel vibration, however i haven't noticed it working. 

Any idea how to adjust that?

It goes orange on the maxidot (one with the road and car and lanes) if you go to the driver assist menu. Otherwise it will remain green regardless of it actively adjusting or not. It will go yellow orange with the smaller icon that looks like a road if it hasn't picked up the lanes

• 5 months later...
On 24/09/2020 at 21:13, SashaGrace said:

I did it on the FL Superb, coding listed there wasn’t quite accurate, in 44 I needed to code Byte 0 Bit 3 and then do a full shut down and rescan of everything and clear all the errors in the relevant controllers. Worked perfectly.

Hi Sasha,

I am trying to activate adaptive lane assist on my Skoda Kamiq 1.6TDI DSG Ambtion MY2021 A5 module MQB MFK3  (via ODB11)

So far i have gone through this long coding on Control Unit A5 as you mentioned:

POINT OF INTERVENTION -> early_setting_via_menu (enable adaptive lane assist)
CONFIGURATION_FOR_LANE_DEPARTURE_WARNING_KL15 -> last_setting (enable lane assist power status memory)
HC_WARN_INTENSITY -> setting_over_menu (enable lane assist warning intensity MIB setting)

Everything seems good on menu for lane assist, i can find setting to activate/deactivate lane assist(as before long coding) and to activate/deactivate adaptive lane assist + chose level of warning intensity (which appeared after long coding).

The problem is that i can't activate adaptive lane assist. It is there on lane assist menu but once i press on it, it's not getting checked.

The only way i found out it can be checked is when i turn on ignition, if i rush to lane assist menu and checked it, is activated for 2-3 secs. Then after these 2-3 secs it is unchecked automatically(deactivated).

You can Find attached my A5 unit info and A5 unit long code with the 3 changes above activated.

I would appreciate your effort to find out what's going on!

Thank you in advance!

Greetings,

Nikos

Info Kamiq Ambition 1.6 TDI MY2021.jpg

Long Code A 5 UNIT.png

• 2 months later...

Tried to code lane assist on my 2020 Superb to no avail.

Get an error about uninitialized module, so I assume I need a dealer code to initialize it.

Oh well....never mind

On 30/06/2021 at 22:18, jinxgj said:

Tried to code lane assist on my 2020 Superb to no avail.

Get an error about uninitialized module, so I assume I need a dealer code to initialize it.

Oh well....never mind

After another attempt today...all done and working on MY2020 model with a 2Q0 A5 camera fitted.

Traffic Jam Assist next....wish me luck!

Gaz

• 2 months later...

Guys, 

if i understand correctly if i choose from price list  ALA (pos 2.) then it shall guide in center of the road:

i see such options to choose as below (i do not want to take Travel Assist High as it requires navi and sign recognition)  is it what you are coding in this subject?

1. LANE ASSIST z SIDE ASSIST + REAR TRAFFIC ALERT

2. ADAPTIVE LANE ASSIST with  SIDE ASSIST + REAR TRAFFIC ALERT, TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST i EMERGENCY ASSIST for DSG

Is there anybody in the south of England, I live in Surrey, who might be able to code Lane Assist on my MY2021 SE L?

Happy to pay an appropriate amount.

• 1 year later...

I thought I would give this a try but I'm struggling to know which buttons in VCDS to click through. 

I have found the A5 module but not sure where I go from there to select the Bytes that I need to modify. Can anyone point me in the right direction on which buttons to press? 

2 minutes ago, techsearchuk said:

I thought I would give this a try but I'm struggling to know which buttons in VCDS to click through. 

I have found the A5 module but not sure where I go from there to select the Bytes that I need to modify. Can anyone point me in the right direction on which buttons to press? 

I would suggest reading through the VCDS tour before doing anything on your car. And also how to take and save a full autoscan.

As much as someone telling you to just follow the button presses may help in some situations - youll want to have an understanding of what you are actually pressing and the consequences of that button press. Not every car or module is the same so some things  may be different depending on the setup you have vs the setup someone else is following.

https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/main_screen.php