OBDeleven must haves?

Hi,

Apologies as this has probably been asked before (I did try using the search function and also googled as well for answers).

I'm looking to buy an OBDeleven device to unlock features on my new Octavia VRS 245.

The ones I highlighted so far that I would like too unlock/activate are:

High beam assist

Mirror dip

Lock/Unlock acoustic confirmation

Gauge test – needle sweep

Auto folding mirrors

Are there any others that people would recommend?

Many thanks in advance!

Andy

Return the wipers to park when the ignition is turned off (might be done by default now). 

Change the headlamp washers to require a 2 second pull and hold of the wiper stalk. 

Id also opt to get the rear lights on as DRLs as well. 

• Like 2

Out of your list I'd say the folding mirrors are the most used for me.  Look out the kitchen window, oh my car is unlocked...click.

Headlight wash tweak is also useful so you don't waste screen wash.

I would also recommend reducing the speed at which the reverse sensors stop when moving forward again.  Pretty sure standard is in the region of 15mph.  I have mine set to 8mph which is much nicer.  After reversing from a bay in a multi-storey you could be out the bottom before you reach the normal threshold.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Return the wipers to park when the ignition is turned off (might be done by default now). 

Change the headlamp washers to require a 2 second pull and hold of the wiper stalk. 

Id also opt to get the rear lights on as DRLs as well. 

Exact same options I have done when I bought obdeleven!

I have changed the lux setting on my auto lights, so basically they revert back to dipped beam earlier as these led lights can dazzle like a gud un for the poor unsuspecting oncoming drivers. And another one with the front lights is that you can change the mph threshold for the full beam activation, basically because (when I travel to work, currently I'm WFH still since march) I travel a lot of small country lanes to and from work, so I have reduced the mph threshold so the full beam comes on at a lower speed, rather than the factory set speed, iirc it's set at 40 ish plus mph

Also I have enabled the "other" rear fog light so I have one on both sides now rather than just one side. (You should find the bulb is already fitted)

Also useful for summer or when a rain shower occurres out the blue is the remote button long press to lower or raise all the electric windows while simultaneously locking or unlocking the car doors.

There is a stereo enhancement, iirc it adds an extra bass control to the standard stereo system.

These are just a few of those that"may" be possible, it all depends on the factory fitted equipment you already have. Good luck and enjoy, plenty of info on here and some stickies with lots of info.

I dont think the folding mirrors is just as simple as coding it in. You will need to have the correct configuration of mirrors with the required motors and I think you even need particular door modules.

The windows up or down on a long press should be standard depending on which model you have. It has been standard on my last 2 VRS models.

I have activated the chirp on locking/unlocking, HBA, virtual subwoofer, traffic sign recognition, cornering fogs, turned off the sound aktor, changed the comfort blink cycle and adjusted the intervals on the speedo on the virtual cockpit.

On 21/10/2020 at 01:06, Stonker said:

And another one with the front lights is that you can change the mph threshold for the full beam activation, basically because (when I travel to work, currently I'm WFH still since march) I travel a lot of small country lanes to and from work, so I have reduced the mph threshold so the full beam comes on at a lower speed, rather than the factory set speed, iirc it's set at 40 ish plus mph

Hi Stonker.  I have an OBDEleven and would love to know how to do this.  I agree the threshold is too low - sometimes I find myself accelerating up to 38 mph/60kph just to turn on the auto full beam.  I have a 2017 Octivia 2.0 TDi.  Can you point me to the info I'd need?  Thanks.  Mark.

46 minutes ago, sniffermark said:

Hi Stonker.  I have an OBDEleven and would love to know how to do this.  I agree the threshold is too low - sometimes I find myself accelerating up to 38 mph/60kph just to turn on the auto full beam.  I have a 2017 Octivia 2.0 TDi.  Can you point me to the info I'd need?  Thanks.  Mark.

Hi Mark, here is a screenshot of the long coding from my history, hope this helps 👍

Screenshot_20201028-143528.png

• Thanks 1

On 21/10/2020 at 11:23, ExSEAT said:

I dont think the folding mirrors is just as simple as coding it in. You will need to have the correct configuration of mirrors with the required motors and I think you even need particular door modules.

This is almost correct. My car doesn't have memory seat (I think this is the required module). You can still code it in, just the mirror will only dip to a predefined angle and return to another predefined position. It won't be what you've set because there is no memory in your car to memorise your set positions. 

I have: 

- changed so car only chirp on lock only (I leave before 7am, don't want to wake up neighbours with the 2 chirp unlock noise) 

- wiper washer fluid saver tweak by not activating headlight washer unless it's 2s hold 

- the mirror dip on reverse, works somewhat despite not having required module 

- DLR LED dims when indicating 

....... to be honest, my car has a lot of mentioned configurable in the infotainment menu already, if hardware permits. It was a showroom car. Eg. remote controlled windows, HBA, the lock/unlock chirp, catan base control, cornering fogs. 

1 minute ago, wyx087 said:

This is almost correct. My car doesn't have memory seat (I think this is the required module). You can still code it in, just the mirror will only dip to a predefined angle and return to another predefined position. It won't be what you've set because there is no memory in your car to memorise your set positions. 

I have: 

- changed so car only chirp on lock only (I leave before 7am, don't want to wake up neighbours with the 2 chirp unlock noise) 

- wiper washer fluid saver tweak by not activating headlight washer unless it's 2s hold 

- the mirror dip on reverse, works somewhat despite not having required module 

- DLR LED dims when indicating 

....... to be honest, my car has a lot of mentioned configurable in the infotainment menu already, if hardware permits. It was a showroom car. Eg. remote controlled windows, HBA, the lock/unlock chirp, catan base control, cornering fogs. 

You are talking about mirror dip, not folding mirrors! Two completely different things. Folding mirrors turn themselves in when locking and unlocking the car. I had mirror dip put on my previous VRS but haven't missed it on my PFL

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

You are talking about mirror dip, not folding mirrors! Two completely different things. Folding mirrors turn themselves in when locking and unlocking the car. I had mirror dip put on my previous VRS but haven't missed it on my PFL

Ah, yes, my mistake. I misread your post. You are right, mirror dip works regardless of hardware modules. Folding mirrors will require the folding hardware. 

8 minutes ago, wyx087 said:

Ah, yes, my mistake. I misread your post. You are right, mirror dip works regardless of hardware modules. Folding mirrors will require the folding hardware. 

I always found it frustrating that my FR leon without electeic seats had mirror dip as standard and worked perfectly yet the Octavia doesn't have the capability as standard. I didnt mind having to lift the mirror back up now and again. I might put it back on my FL now I've thought about it again 🤔 

Bit confused by this, if it's a 245 it should already have folding mirrors, mirror dip and needle sweep.  My 2017 pfl has that as standard.

Not that I really get the attraction of the needle sweep, it serves no useful purpose at all and I don't generally even notice it most of the time.  It certainly wouldn't be worth any effort in implementing IMO

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alex-W said:

Bit confused by this, if it's a 245 it should already have folding mirrors, mirror dip and needle sweep.  My 2017 pfl has that as standard.

Not that I really get the attraction of the needle sweep, it serves no useful purpose at all and I don't generally even notice it most of the time.  It certainly wouldn't be worth any effort in implementing IMO

Yep, didn't realise until I picked it up that these things we're already standard on it 😆😆😆

On 28/10/2020 at 14:38, Stonker said:

Hi Mark, here is a screenshot of the long coding from my history, hope this helps 👍

Screenshot_20201028-143528.png

Hi Stonker.  I did this over the weekend.  Much easier to do than I expected.  Thanks for showing me the way.  Mark.

• Thanks 1

I've just re-coded mine so that the eyelash LEDs in the front lights come on with the DTRLs AND both tail lights too (scandanavian DTRL's). In addition I have coded the eyelash LEDs to flash out of phase when indicating (HELLPHASE). Looks great!!!!!

1 hour ago, Maggle said:

I've just re-coded mine so that the eyelash LEDs in the front lights come on with the DTRLs AND both tail lights too (scandanavian DTRL's). In addition I have coded the eyelash LEDs to flash out of phase when indicating (HELLPHASE). Looks great!!!!!

Video attached !

On 02/11/2020 at 16:37, sniffermark said:

Hi Stonker.  I did this over the weekend.  Much easier to do than I expected.  Thanks for showing me the way.  Mark.

Hi sniffer, I’m trying to do this but for the life of me can’t wrk it out. How do you get to module20? I have hba enabled on halogen lights. Help!! 

On 10/11/2020 at 10:37, esoxecosse said:

Would really like to know how you got those to work, I have an MY20 and can't even get the whiskers to work with the DRL's.

Cheers

Sorry for the late reply.....I'll write it up and share it here later.....

Okay, as promised here are the instructions for coding the eyelashes to be on with DTRLs and then optional coding to make them flash in or out of phase with the indicators. These work on MY18 cars...maybe on MY20 too. Perhaps someone can confirm.

Turn on Eyelash LED's with DTRLs:

Adaptation

Control unit: 09 Central Electrics

Name: Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9

Values:

Dimmwert CD 16:

Old value: 0

New value: 100

Lichtfunktion C 16:

Old value: nicht aktiv

New value: Tagfahrlicht

---------------------------------------------------------------