Tiers, Lockdowns & Vaccinations

cheezemonkhai

My youngest son has gone down with Covid while working in Tokyo on the Olympic games. He has had 2 jabs but that hasn't stopped him catching it even with the extreme controls the Japanese and IOC have in place there. He was really bad for two days, says he's feeling a bit better today. In hotel quarantine for now, and will miss the closing ceremony which he was scheduled to do.

Awaiting further instructions from Japanese authorities as to what happens next as he was due to fly back on Monday at the end of his contract.

Just praying he makes a speedy and full recovery with no long-covid after effects, as that could be catastrophic for his career which requires him to be fit and mobile.

• Sad 5

Just a quick update. Apparently the 4 star hotel my son was staying in doesn't want covid positive guests so he has been moved to a Japanese government mandated hotel more akin to an old style Travelodge, small, not much of a view, not very nice. Food is terrible, has to be microwaved in the room and not allowed to be disposed of until the next meal is delivered and it is taken away. Has to regularly report his vital stats, temperature, pulse, oxygen level by App, they gave him the equipment for that. He is still not feeling too great. Under instruction that if he develops a fever (above 38C) he has to go to hospital straight away. Thats the bit that frightens him.

He has been told the minimum quarantine period is 10 days from when his 1st symptoms showed. So may be flying back next Tuesday provided he retests negative in time to do the preflight pulava.

Apparently over the course of the games, 430 people in the Olympic bubble tested positive, 286 were Japanese residents. The largest portion of the total, 236, were contract workers, followed by 109 Games participants and 29 athletes.

Just been reading in the news that the head of Oxford vaccine group now says herd immunity is unachievable as it seems that double vaccinated can still catch and spread covid just at a lower level. Well, what a surprise....

Edited by xman
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, gadgetman said:

So many of these sad stories from misinformation. 

The thing is, many of the Crook docs peddling lies HAVE HAD a vaccination. 

Who is paying them to spout their nonsense, and why? Has to be a state sponsored effort. 

it’s sad seeing what happens in cases like that family above.

Question on your comment is which states want the west/other countries to suffer economically. I can think of one, but won’t go down that path.

It’s clearly worked to a degree though.  I went to pick up some food from a restaurant today and got abused by a member of public for wearing a face mask. Shouting, telling me to take it off, I won’t catch anything, it’s a hoax etc.

What a tool! It does make you wonder if maybe we should have left it to natural selection and just handed out some Darwins.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

I've noticed after the first weekend following lifting of compulsory mask-wearing in shops, when most people were wearing masks when in supermarkets, mask-wearing is steadily declining, with mask-wearers in the minority. Haven't seen any aggro from either side on this.

It seems to be senior citizens being those most likely to be wearing a mask, which makes sense to me.

It's nice to be able to engage properly with people in public again, being able to smile at someone and have them smile back.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, EnterName said:

I've noticed after the first weekend following lifting of compulsory mask-wearing in shops, when most people were wearing masks when in supermarkets, mask-wearing is steadily declining, with mask-wearers in the minority. Haven't seen any aggro from either side on this.

It seems to be senior citizens being those most likely to be wearing a mask, which makes sense to me.

It's nice to be able to engage properly with people in public again, being able to smile at someone and have them smile back.

Around here we're still at 75% wearing masks. 

@cheezemonkhaihttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-58167339

Just now, gadgetman said:

Around here we're still at 75% wearing masks. 

@cheezemonkhaihttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-58167339

It might be a regional thing. I'm in the South Birmingham area and I have friends in Worcester who report the same reduction in mask-wearing, but in COVID hot-spots, it's not unexpected for people to be more cautious.

There must be something in the water in the Bromsgrove/ Redditch/ Alvechurch/ Barnt Green areas that wasn't when I was a kid. 
I've also noticed an increase in people regurgitating **** spouted by lockdown sceptics/ bad actors on Twitter.

From under two weeks ago; "Only one British adult in 20 is no longer wearing a mask outside their homes despite the relaxing of legal mask-wearing requirements earlier this month, according to the first official survey on complying with Covid measures since “Freedom Day”."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/30/95-of-british-adults-still-wearing-a-mask-outdoors-says-survey

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, @Lee said:

There must be something in the water in the Bromsgrove/ Redditch/ Alvechurch/ Barnt Green areas that wasn't when I was a kid. 
I've also noticed an increase in people regurgitating **** spouted by lockdown sceptics/ bad actors on Twitter.

From under two weeks ago; "Only one British adult in 20 is no longer wearing a mask outside their homes despite the relaxing of legal mask-wearing requirements earlier this month, according to the first official survey on complying with Covid measures since “Freedom Day”."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/30/95-of-british-adults-still-wearing-a-mask-outdoors-says-survey

Life is pretty cheap for those in New Towns like Redditch, only to become famous as the seat of the then Home Sect Jacqui Smith, now always moaning their hospital is to be downgraded.

Over here in the county seat, the Faithful City of Worcester, as all over the UK, mask wearing has declined very quickly actually which is odd as the death told is still pretty massive ie about 150 a day, nearly a thousand a week but Boris says the link between Covid and deaths has been "severed" by the jabs but I am not sure "pill them high" Boris deals in such relatively small numbers compared to the peak of over a thousand a day ?

Now we look forward to our third jabs, possibly given with the flu jabs and an eternity of mask wearing (in confined places lke aircraft, trains etc)  like those Far East cultures.   

Life expectancy in Scotland and very much so in Glasgow is pretty low.

It is blamed on poverty, food, drink, smoking & drugs, mental health etc.

So it looks like the UK Government has decided that increasing the risk of becoming ill or dying can be ignored and they will allow thousands of people to travel into Glasgow in October into November from around the world even if not vaccinated.

They are offering to vaccinate delegates to COP 26 but relaxing rules meaning that they can come regardless.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58153616

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Life expectancy in Scotland and very much so in Glasgow is pretty low.

It is blamed on poverty, food, drink, smoking & drugs, mental health etc.

So it looks like the UK Government has decided that increasing the risk of becoming ill or dying can be ignored and they will allow thousands of people to travel into Glasgow in October into November from around the world even if not vaccinated.

They are offering to vaccinate delegates to COP 26 but relaxing rules meaning that they can come regardless.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58153616

More faceless experts telling the general public what’s best,but it’s only Glasgow ,isn’t the ginger one concerned ??????

• Groan 1

I think they want her to say GTF. 

But she seems to be prepared to let Boris own this one.

Not much she can do anyway as some think Organised Crime runs much of public transport in Glasgow and area and you can hardly stop these 'business people' that support the politicians through their careers by depriving them of this golden goose.

She has another problem as many want her to come clean on if she will stop the dirty oil industry bringing more ashore into Scotland or if she is against it.

I hope she tells them to GTF and that while the UK imports oil and gas then it will kept being drilled for in Scottish Waters.

At the moment, my jumping through the 'Covid hoop' for work, has gone up a notch or two. Still wearing a mask all day and every day,  including outdoors (I have an interesting suntan on my face....and no! there will be NO pictures of it!), Still filling in 3 separate questionaries every day before going to work (one of them up to 12 pages long), having my temperature taken twice before allowed on site, now have to show I'm double jabbed, or negative lateral flow test for every day on site, plus another on-site lateral flow test for specific roles. 

All the usual 2 meter distancing, cleaning of hands etc still in place of course. 

It's extended my working day considerably, just  proving I'm eligible to work

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lol-lol said:

Life is pretty cheap for those in New Towns like Redditch, only to become famous as the seat of the then Home Sect Jacqui Smith, now always moaning their hospital is to be downgraded.

Over here in the county seat, the Faithful City of Worcester, as all over the UK, mask wearing has declined very quickly actually which is odd as the death told is still pretty massive ie about 150 a day, nearly a thousand a week but Boris says the link between Covid and deaths has been "severed" by the jabs but I am not sure "pill them high" Boris deals in such relatively small numbers compared to the peak of over a thousand a day ?

Now we look forward to our third jabs, possibly given with the flu jabs and an eternity of mask wearing (in confined places lke aircraft, trains etc)  like those Far East cultures.   

150 deaths a day, you say?

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/19491454.worcester-acute-nhs-hospitals-recorded-first-covid-death-week/

image.thumb.png.2b6590781845ab9f317e84f40501d3b2.png

• Groan 1

"as all over the UK, mask wearing has declined very quickly actually which is odd as the death told is still pretty massive ie about 150 a day, nearly a thousand a week"

Obviously in the UK not Worcester/shire🤦

3 hours ago, EnterName said:

146 UK deaths on August 10th 2021.

Deaths with Covid on the death certificate is now 154, 202.  https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Population of Worcester is reckoned to be about 105,000 so Covid has killed the equivalent of the whole city of Worcester plus nearly a half again.

The government's chief science adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance, has said the aim is to keep the number of coronavirus deaths below 20,000.

https://news.sky.com/video/coronavirus-20-000-uk-deaths-would-be-good-outcome-11959254

160,000 not so good.  

13 hours ago, Sad555 said:

Another expert,,,,,,,,,,,,,,think for your self,not all experts are always right ,but to his credit he did own up

6712FDC4-E8A2-4A0E-8B16-4E81167E97E1.png

They data modelled and arrived where they did. 

Plenty find it easy to attack the experts with zero idea what data modelling actually is.