Is it possible to "lift a wheel" in a fabia?

Saying that Topgear seem to show it as a measure of grip on fwd "hot hatches" do you think it would be possible to generate the required grip in a well-sorted fabia to get it to lift a wheel?

Discuss....

;)

Someone in a black Fabia kept cocking a rear wheel on the C&F meet drive...

I think an ARB equipped car could lift a rear wheel when really pressing on in the twisties...

As for a non-ARB equipped car, you're having a giraffe. :rofl:

As for a non-ARB equipped car' date=' you're having a giraffe. :rofl:[/quote']

Not so, I have a pic of my car cocking a wheel on the hairpin at knockhill, Its on my home pc, i will have a rake when i get home ;)

What you need to do Col, is "commit" to a roundabout, back off, and brake. That should get visible air between a rear wheel and the tarmac. ;)

:rofl: what a silly thing to do lol!

What you need to do Col, is "commit" to a roundabout, back off, and brake. That should get visible air between a rear wheel and the tarmac. ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What a rediculous idea! :rolleyes:

Is there anyway you could get out and look........................:confused:

I want to see a picture of Colin committing to a roundabout, backing off and braking whilst hanging out of the drivers door looking at the back wheel... priceless. :rofl:

I want to see a picture of Colin committing to a roundabout, backing off and braking whilst hanging out of the drivers door looking at the back wheel... priceless. :rofl:

I was more concerned about seeing a citroen c2 in my passenger window and a silver octy RS in the drivers side window and a big roundabout thru the windscreen whilst trying to put a bit of opposite lock on lol

While taking a photo.................................:D

:eek: Now that would be rediculous! ;)

Opposite lock - jees... I've only just got the hang of the throttle tease.

my mate said i "lifted" a wheel in my combi (apparently) i dont think i did tho as he saw me drive out of college... at the bottom roundabout its a cool bit of road to zoom down!:P

Where's this pic then?

Still Raking, I believe it was from a chap from SCC and the ar$e view of this photo

fab.jpg

Will keep checking, may be on swmbos laptop, of not one of the seat chappies will have it.

Just to prove it can **** two wheels(For a very different reason) :D

fabia.jpg

But the hairpin at knockhill is notorious for unbalanced fun, uphill righthander and although it doesnt look it in the pic it is very steep.