Briskoda Summer BBQ

yashicamat

Ideal Date?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Ideal Date?

• Sat 5th Aug to Sun 6th Aug
    • Sat 12th Aug to Sun 13th Aug
    • Neither of these dates

This was an idea created by Sarah (awesomesarah) at the C&F meet the other day. I think it could work! :)

As an idea: get a big field hired (or reserve part of a large campsite . . . let me try again, reserve a large part of a large campsite), all arrive on the Saturday daytime, go for a drive on the Saturday, come back, pitch tents and have a Briskoda party / BBQ Saturday evening, recover Sunday and either another drive (for those who are up for it) or disperse then.

Venue would probably be relatively central, maybe Staffordshire? Some nice campsites around the south end of the Peak District. :)

Thinking probably early August time. Thoughts?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for it deffo and either of these dates for me but if your'e going to do it your'e gonna have to be pretty quick, this is only 12-14 weeks away!!.

Personally, I would look into venues / booking times before getting everyone's hopes up. ;) I sure hope something good comes together.

I'll bring a 24 pack of Carlsberg Export for the evening. I wouldn't mind bringing a whole barrel of Devon's finest ale if enough people put in some $$$ to the fund. :D

I live in Bakewell, not too far from the Cat & Fiddle. (about 15-20mins down the A6)

Bakewell has a big show ground that has a number of events on each year. Lots of different clubs and society's etc.

I'm not sure if this is the type of site you would be after, as it's not really a camping site, (although many peoplr do camp/caravan during weekend events), it's just a very big flat field, but with good road access and a 2 min walk into town.

I know there are loads of campsites in this area, but I'm not too sure how many would like 30+ cars turning up one weekend. Most are pretty full during the summer.

I know of a number of other car clubs have annual meets in this area, I will try and find out where they are held.

I am definately up for this.

If you are looking for campsites http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ is a very good source of information, and has reviews of many sites. Unfortunately, I haven't camped anywhere in this area, so can't recommend anything myself.

Wasn't there a camp-site on the right at the bottom of the hill as we left Mam Tor on Saturday?

Someone has all but said it .......but you will have a devils own job trying to persuade a camp/caravan site owner to let you have that much space for a weekend as it would stop their normal trade for two weeks (Saturday to Saturday) and they will loose a fortune !!!

Best bet is a showground or field, but you will need toilets, waste disposal and a safe water supply....................and it does need to be nearly flat :D

We are having just those problems trying to set up a BBQ and Camping around Marlborough........so good luck with the effort, we know how difficult it is :o

cheep Hotel/B&B/hostal maybe a better option as some people may not have camping gear

Cheap and cheerful, but a Camping Starter set at Argos is only

I live in Bakewell' date=' not too far from the Cat & Fiddle. (about 15-20mins down the A6)

Bakewell has a big show ground that has a number of events on each year. Lots of different clubs and society's etc.

I'm not sure if this is the type of site you would be after, as it's not really a camping site, (although many peoplr do camp/caravan during weekend events), it's just a very big flat field, but with good road access and a 2 min walk into town.

[/quote']Sounds like it might be just right. Any chance you could investigate whether the showground (or a part of it) would be available, and at what cost?