MK2 VRS from the other side of the pond

CrisBora

4 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

1) Viva Chile (for sure you will know some things for us the Greeks here)

2) Congratulations for your Fabia and keep up the good work

3) Here in Greece we have hot climate also that's why i wanted to use an additive to my coolant as Mocool (others are Wetter Water, Dei, Royal Purple, Amsoil etc) to help it cool faster.

Distilled water + Mocool does not help at all in the winter plus i doubt about the lubrication of the pump.

Yup! thats the reason for the autum coolant change. now we have 15° 25° temps maximum and when gets really cold 1°/ 10° 

I preffer to do constant coolant changes as we all know this waterpump is made of paper jejejeje

VIVA GRECIA! :thumbup:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2021 at 14:08, CrisBora said:

Now using ravenol hotclimate, because as stated I live in Chile which is a warm climate.

A constant test to make this really hot engine, a little bit better to not drop the performance under Trackday load.

Hola mi amigo, como estas?

Have you ever manage to see the temperature i Celsius of your coolant except the gauge on the panel?
Have you installed another gauge or take measures via a laptop or a smartphone application?
  • Like 1

On 29/05/2021 at 14:29, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Hola mi amigo, como estas?

Have you ever manage to see the temperature i Celsius of your coolant except the gauge on the panel?
Have you installed another gauge or take measures via a laptop or a smartphone application?

como va compa? (How you doin mate)

I use mostly vcds to track the temperature. You can datalog that info. At the moment no signs of track days over here because of covid. Might make a full run logging the temps. I’ll let you know

• 2 months later...

And…. Finally. Coilovers and brake kit install. 

Needs to set up properly but this is kinda off a endless project so…

oem wheels? Forget it. Must use some 5mm spacers to clear this right.

Overall pretty satisfied with the brakes.  Less unsprung weight, feels “playful”

Rubs a little on certain situations but as I said. Still needs to weight/corner balance the car.

parts

bilstein B16 coil kit. (A1 8x / polo Gti 6R)

powerflex upper strut mounts

vw shock bearing

034 motorsport spacer 5mm

racingline VWR65P1GT brake kit

Goodridge rear brake line

EECC1CC4-D0B5-496E-9518-156D863A2A0B.jpeg

08FF415A-8C3C-4F8C-8EBD-2B61A49E4D8A.jpeg

3CC56F25-08AF-438F-A6CC-847FEA669DB7.jpeg

3D7B3E36-B1A3-44E2-8339-EA6DE35A59EC.jpeg

F69FA5CF-B7E7-4497-B7A4-0477C2D4E8E8.jpeg

39F1921B-C502-497A-A5C6-3AF06B628AD1.jpeg

20163FE8-F609-4ACE-B4E2-08D33CB3C55F.jpeg

6291DF46-41DC-4842-A28A-A369F100BC1A.jpeg

• Love it! 3

1 hour ago, jemarcan said:

Hello Cris, great project. Are the spacers to save the caliper? The bilstein spring is above the wheel?

Thanks a lot.

Yes, without them, you can't clear the caliper with oem wheels. This are 1C0601025K.

The spring is above? are you reffering to wheel gap in the arch???? if so, yes... but it can go as low as no gap at all and some wheel tuck under the arch.... not in my plans for the car. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CrisBora said:

Yes, without them, you can't clear the caliper with oem wheels. This are 1C0601025K.

The spring is above? are you reffering to wheel gap in the arch???? if so, yes... but it can go as low as no gap at all and some wheel tuck under the arch.... not in my plans for the car. 

No, i talk about the distance between the inner top of the tire and the spring, because i've 17x8" rims and sits really near to the shock. 

In other words, if like oem bottom spring seat of the shock, it's above of the inner part of the tire.

Thanks a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, finally wheels are sorted.

Autec Clubracing 17x7,5 et35

Wrapped in falken azenis rt615k+
215/40/17

will be purchasing another set for the road, most likely the silver ones because this wheel only weights 7.7 kg a lot less than the original gigaros

8B6ED899-1FB5-49B4-9917-68C54CD59CD9.jpeg

8A46D064-5CEF-4829-BE9F-D812B32A19B9.jpeg

D165E6C0-170D-49E0-9ABF-4B8E8507DAB7.jpeg

C7DADB1E-E657-495D-98A0-18BF65F74293.jpeg

5F8702FB-E25D-46E2-B672-4E7B739A385C.jpeg

437C48B4-2210-4431-92A7-E284DF62AC3F.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nothing new but racing the little Fabia a lot!

Learning a bit more on the set up department, trying new tires as the toyo are now ready to be called slicks.

AR-1 now on the car, much more grip from the start, doesn't have to wait two laps to make time.

Here are the links for the youtube videos of this month trackdays

IMG_6664.jpg

7 (1).jpg

IMG_7017.jpg

IMG_5671.jpg

8.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

13 hours ago, CrisBora said:

new pads fitted.

the whiteline rarb already loosing his paint so, f u whiteline. Ordering some h&r at the end of the month.

Next purchase.... wavetrac for the 0AM

8 (1).jpg

9 (1).jpg

5 (1).jpg

4.jpg

Looking good mate 👍🔥 need a bigger turbo next start pushing some big power 

5 hours ago, thomasaspin said:

Looking good mate 👍🔥 need a bigger turbo next start pushing some big power 

turbo may have to wait till June 2022. Still have to gather more info. 

want to finish the handling department and the braking too. 

Has some issues with the racingline kit and now I’m considering a more easy to find brake set up as the racingline prices and quality are not what I expected from such a expensive kit.

6E996E52-CE2F-454E-B56B-FDB441A5A38E.jpeg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

A long time since posting and lot of things happened ....  

The brake kit failed both disc in the same zone, So maybe racingline should be called streetline, because it performs good only in streets. Gladly they respond with another EVO kit... maybe they found out the lack of performance and quality with the first ones.

Note to myself, never buy a brake product from a company that don't make brakes.

rotura disco.jpeg

disco delantero derecho.jpeg

disco roto2.jpeg

disco roto1.jpeg

Edited by CrisBora
mispelled words

Then.... another bad thing.... the mech died on me, repaired with another valve body, worked,, but the pressure acumulator went bad also, so had to take it to a dsg shop, the pump was running constantly and thats no good... also cluth is going home, so started to save for the replacement one.

Can´t complain much, the car is an absolut weapon on track, rivaling times of cars with more hp so I couldn't be happier 

TVS map is seriously good in the performance department. Car just love the track,

meca fail.jpeg

meca good.jpeg

tapita.jpeg

fail meca vagcom.jpeg

9 hours ago, CrisBora said:

Then.... another bad thing.... the mech died on me, repaired with another valve body, worked,, but the pressure acumulator went bad also, so had to take it to a dsg shop, the pump was running constantly and thats no good... also cluth is going home, so started to save for the replacement one.

Can´t complain much, the car is an absolut weapon on track, rivaling times of cars with more hp so I couldn't be happier 

TVS map is seriously good in the performance department. Car just love the track,

meca fail.jpeg

Ouch mate!, glad its fixed though and out of curiosity, How much did they charge to fix the mech in your part of the world?

• Like 1