Has anyone tried or installed the Koni Special Active?

10 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

No volveré a usar koni. Cuando mis SA fallen, iré a bilstein b6.

I have the same opinion. I don't know how long they will last but for sure the next time I want to change the shock absorbers on the Skoda or another car, I won't choose Koni.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 7/10/2022 at 21:35, MarkyG82 said:

No volveré a usar koni. Cuando mis SA fallen, iré a bilstein b6.

I refloat the thread, because my rear special assets are making noise at low speed on small bumps. It is really annoying. And lately if I go down the ramp of the parking lot faster, even the front lights sound. I have read a thread on Drive.ru in which it says that it is due to a bad design of the shock absorber rod since it does not fit well with the support and ends up deforming it as it is made of aluminum.

Unfortunately, I think that as soon as possible I will have to change them and put Sachs or Bilstein B6, it depends on the waiting list.

I quote @markyG82 because I think we are having the same bad feelings with the Koni and that it shows that their marketing department is much better than their engineering department.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Buenas tardes. Sigo teniendo los mismos problemas con los amortiguadores KONI Special Active. Las delanteras se aflojaron, si, se aflojaron, y tuve ruidos durante 2 o 3k kms. Fui al instalador y a otro taller y al final tuve que buscar el problema, que se solucionó con un apretón de manos.

Pero todavía tengo los ruidos en la parte de atrás.

Es como si en pequeños baches a baja velocidad no absorbieran porque suena como un ruido sordo. En carretera y autovía van bien, pero el 80% del tiempo estoy en ciudad o vías radiales con velocidad limitada.

Cito a @Carlston  para ver si su experiencia puede arrojar algo de luz sobre el asunto. Recuerdo la configuración de resorte y amortiguador que instalé.

-Resortes helicoidales Lesjofors  4095137 ( 5Q0411105GN ) y 4295136 ( 3Q0511115M )

-Kit de servicio SACHS 900 358

-Koni Especial Activo  8745-13888245-1387

La semana que viene vuelvo al taller de instalación para que me revisen todo. En caso de que los ruidos continúen me haré a un lado e instalaré Sachs de dos tubos y pondré a la venta el kit Koni.

Una gran decepción y 1300 euros muy mal gastados.

A quienes estén indecisos sobre la creación de KONI SA les recuerdo que elijan cualquier otra opción excepto ésta.

Edited by Gabrielem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hola soy nuevo por aquí👋, tengo la siguiente duda, es relacionado con las suspensiones del superb. El mío lleva suspensión OEM pero muelles eibach, estéticamente queda precioso pero el dichoso rebote sigue estando hay. Mi duda es la siguiente, los amortiguadores de un golf GTI le valen al superb, lleva la misma plataforma! Y otra sería la siguiente-que diferencia hay entre la suspensión que podría llevar un scirocco a la del superb. Ambas suspensiones las tengo guardadas y podría instalarlas en el superb, pero no sé si le valdrían. Gracias y un saludo, espero vuestra respuesta.

• Administrators

@luisopas welcome to the forum. We encourage you to particpaite as best you can. english is the language of the forum. Happy for you to post the basics, or a translation of your message in addition to your native language. Helps everyone reading from all over the world, at least till Spanish is the prima language; is probabbly is now tbh.

• Love it! 1

Hi, Luisopas

Translation for the community 👇 

Hello, I'm new here👋, I have the following question, it is related to the suspensions of the superb. Mine has OEM suspension but Eibach springs, aesthetically it looks beautiful but the happy bounce is still there. My question is the following, the shock absorbers of a Golf GTI are suitable for the superb, it has the same platform! And another would be the following: what difference is there between the suspension that a Scirocco could have and that of the Superb. I have both suspensions saved and I could install them on the superb, but I don't know if they would work. Thank you and greetings, I await your response.

1 minute ago, @Lee said:

Hi, Luisopas

Translation for the community 👇 

Hello, I'm new here👋, I have the following question, it is related to the suspensions of the superb. Mine has OEM suspension but Eibach springs, aesthetically it looks beautiful but the happy bounce is still there. My question is the following, the shock absorbers of a Golf GTI are suitable for the superb, it has the same platform! And another would be the following: what difference is there between the suspension that a Scirocco could have and that of the Superb. I have both suspensions saved and I could install them on the superb, but I don't know if they would work. Thank you and greetings, I await your response.

I'd be surprised if the dampers from a Golf will fit a Superb even if they are both mqb platform

• Like 1

• 3 months later...