Wireless android auto

parsey83

My S10 recently got Android 11 update. I tried to connect wireless to Android auto setting up hotspot in the car. Configuring hotspot needed a register and a data payment solution!? Im going nuts...infotainment allready has data connection. Why pay for another solution?

The infotainment data is limited. If you want an internet connection you have to pay for it. Use the hotspot on your phone. 

My android auto in the car doesn't mention wireless at all so I don't think it's an option. To be honest I'm not sure why people are so keen to have it. Ok useful for a 10 minute journey but anything longer I want my phone plugged in so it's not dead when I get there.

• Like 1

Asked my dealer if he can confirm this (I'm from Slovenia) as this would be comedic at best. There is absolutely no reason why an RS (ordered 28.9., delivered 23.12.) couldn't have this function. 

Sys info from mine:
image.png.b1eb26505dfa50e530ec5b43c84fd665.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello FGD

The answer I got was directly from Skoda support in the Czech Republic.

"currently there is no way to activate this function on cars with the old model of MIB"

'Currently' still sounds hopefull for you guys, but I'm only driving my car for four months (company car policy :-) ) I'm not expecting the update to roll out on this short notice.

If it does, I'll share it in this topic.

• Like 1

I've spoken to someone that codes VAG cars using VCDS. He mentioned he noticed a setting to turn on 5Ghz Wifi. If all else fails, there's still hope this switch does something. 

This thing, which is still in development, looks promising though. It sucks, having to add additional costs for something we already payed for. The most expensive beta testing I've ever done. :)

Yesterday I updated my headunit to the latest software 1668.

In the adaptations I've set 5GHz to "on"

In the connectivity adaptations: 5GHz hotspot to "on", 5GHz client to "on" and google android from "usb only" to "on"

But guess what, no wireless AA :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i have Skoda Octavia 2021 and samsung note 20. It does connect through wifi, but 1 time out of 15. And if it connects it also does disconnect for now reason. Cable connection is stable but also works once in 15 tries to connect. Tried also with iphone 8, works perfect, and the visualisation is way better than android auto. (android seems outdated compared to apple car play). 

9 hours ago, Warkman said:

I have a 2021 Superb with Amudsen IFE, and a S20 Uktra.

connects fine to both wireless android auto and plugged in.

im assuming it’s the same software?

Same software, possible different settings or even different hardware.

@Tomask Could you take a photo of your software versions of the car? Also - do you have data package paid for your car?

Superb software is older gen like passat b8, i think Octavia IV has different software. 

I will take the photos later in the day. 

Data plan was included with the car for one year. 

11 hours ago, ShEfA said:

Data plan or the remote access, map updates and stuff? I mean if you connect to the car's hotspot - do you get internet?

I have remote access via app, and when i took delivery of the car it was showing an update available. Maybe at some point it did install itself. Haven't tried the hotspot, but i don't think it matters as it does conect wirelessly, sometimes, and does randomly disconect. Sometimes the canrs infotainment screen rebots after some failed attempts to connect. 

System info in the picture. 

20210226_193515.jpg