Wireless android auto

parsey83

I just noticed a post in the German NX Facebook group saying that Skoda will supposedly (told by a dealer) release a major update in three weeks. Maybe there is still hope for you guys having those early units.    

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I just noticed a post in the German NX Facebook group saying that Skoda will supposedly (told by a dealer) release a major update in three weeks. Maybe there is still hope for you guys having those early units.    

You mean it is pushed to all cars online? To be honest this wireless solution seems to very attractive but GPS and music drains your battery so quickly you will need some charger. Without the wireless charge it almost doesn't make any sense to use it only for shorter routes.

13 minutes ago, Matt_130 said:

You mean it is pushed to all cars online? To be honest this wireless solution seems to very attractive but GPS and music drains your battery so quickly you will need some charger. Without the wireless charge it almost doesn't make any sense to use it only for shorter routes.

No, must certainly this will not be pushed through the air. OTA are just a small updates for terms&contions, navigation maps, etc. All major updates need to be installed by the dealer. 

Hello guys! And girls of course :)

I found this forum when I was searching for a solution for the same indentical problem - make Android Auto wireless to work on my new Seat 2020.
Yes, you read it right, I have a Seat Ateca 2020, not a Škoda :) 
We have a little differenet Infotaiment part/serial number, but I think that A, B, R or Z is not important. Also on Skoda.
I found a solution for me and I'm sure that it will work on your Škodas too.
Our cars have some settings that prevent Anrdoid auto wireless to work. I don't know why exactly why they set it that way.

So... to the solution that worked for me.
A changed this four settings with ODBeleven and when I re-added my phote to the Infotaiment, Android Auto wireless magically started to work like it should work already from the beginning.
Please see the attached files - before and after.
This settings are located in: Control Units ---> Module 5F (Multimedia) --> Adaptation --> function_configuration_connectivity. 

I hope that this will work also on your "old version" Škodas ;) 

OBD_before.jpg

OBD_after.jpg

I forgot the pictures:

23 hours ago, zxcslo said:

That's great, but when I tried this on my MK4 vRS (5 month old) it requested the login code...?

Screenshot_20210416-181109_OBDeleven.png

Screenshot_20210416-181118_OBDeleven.png

Screenshot_20210416-181146_OBDeleven.png

Allready tried it, doesn't work for our octavia's

And you'll need an online SFD login to write these changes

In the adaptations I've set 5GHz to "on"

In the connectivity adaptations: 5GHz hotspot to "on", 5GHz client to "on" and google android from "usb only" to "on"

But guess what, no wireless AA :-(

• 6 months later...

Good news! Last monday I had my Octavia iV infotainment updated. The main reason was to get the mediaplayer to work. I haven't been able to play MP3 files since I bought the car ½ a year ago. The update solved that - hurrah. 
Then, a few days ago, when I picked up my unplugged phone in order to leave the car, it dawned on me, that I had actually had Spotify playing. And yes: AA was now working wirelessly, and had simply connected itself, without me even noticing 🙂
I have an early unit, which originally came with a version B device number. Consequently, I had abandoned any hope, that it could be updated to wireless AA. But now its version F - proving that the lack of wireless AA on early models is not a hardware related thing, but can be solved by software.
These are the details of the update:IMG_20211029_135449.thumb.jpg.873ac3ca744c68af7f981006f306dd26.jpg

Once my car had been in for the software update android auto connected by Wi-Fi immediately. My car is a 2020 1.5 TSI. Prior to the update I had to connect with a cable.

4 hours ago, itzikc20 said:

Hi, How do I update AA?

AA in itself should update automatically, as any other android app.

Updating the software in your car that connects to AA is a completely other matter. That can only be done by a Skoda dealer.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/02/2022 at 01:50, SneakySneaky said:

We got screwed with this version 😉

Have you tried using the obdeleven? 

IMG-20220124-WA0004.jpeg

What do you mean by screwed? As described above, hardware version H56 can be updated to support wireles AA. Apart from that, the question was about updating AA. 

1 hour ago, SneakySneaky said:

I was told here in Israel that I have the latest software version. 

I tried to contact CZ skoda they didn't find my car VIN number. 

OK, I see your problem then. There seems to be quite a lot of confusion about updates 😞

All I can say is, that mine didn't support wireless AA from start - but after a major update (at the dealer) it does. So at least in some instances, it is possible.

• 1 month later...

My dealer fixed this!

I was missing the WiFi setting in my infotainment system. After a visit to my Skoda dealer they managed to get it working. I can now see the WiFi setting in my infotainment system and Android Auto Wireless started working automatically.

Car: 2022 Skoda Octavia e-TEC

Phone: Google Pixel 3a, Android 12

Infotainment: Bolero

(The image with the versions is before the dealer fixed it, so there might be a chance that the system got updated.)

Thanks to all other posts in this thread leading me up to this conclusion. If you also is missing the WiFi setting, contact your dealer, this can be fixed!

received_690686588626206.jpeg

PXL_20220407_174431338.jpg

PXL_20220407_174356110.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi lads is there a way to have full screen on google maps while using android auto??

My son plugged his iPhone into my Mk VRS and the google maps cam up full screen and looked far better than android the whole iPhone  layout far better than android auto

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, varooom said:

@Matt_130 Indeed it does seem weird then to keep asking for USB, from my understanding wireless android auto should be added/functional.

Bugs upon bugs, or it's something about phone blocking perhaps.

I deleted all data from AA to see what happens but it still doesn't work.

• Like 1