2021 F1 Discussion

camelspyyder

I like that Mercedes aren't having all their own way now but thought that last race was a bit boring.. 

Good to see Lando Norris coming up on the grid too...

Sochi loses F1 race from 2023. 

Russian GP moving to Europe, near St. Petersburg

Autodrome Igora Drive Saint-Petersburg (drive-igora.ru)

It's another Tilke-Drome which will be extended another kilometre before F1 arrives.

Edited by camelspyyder

It's taken a while but Aston Martins sponsors have finally caught on to the very poor TV visibility of the colour scheme.

BWT would prefer to go back to pink, and indeed they say Cognizant aren't too happy with the current scheme either.

Team Boss Otmar says they're looking at changes, but the car will stay green for heritage reasons.

Edited by camelspyyder

So... RedBull made big fuss about an engine freeze, and as a result the next gen engines were brought forward to 2025....now RedBull doesnt like that and wants it postponed to 2026 again.

The reason for the freeze is that RedBull will be building their own engines next year as an independent... oh no they wont! Honda have confirmed that the 2022 engines will still be built at Sakura.

Sounds like R B have been lying all along to freeze Ferrati and Mercedes engines to their advantage.

Reports this week also reveal  analysis of Hondas latest upgrade shows a 13bhp increase, even though the power freeze is in effect .:dull:

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Mercedes have resigned Hamilton for 2 more years.

On the basis of today's performances they should maybe have bought out Norris' contract and signed Russell too?

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

OK, new thought - If you commit the same offence more than once during a race, should you get a longer penalty for the second (and any subsequent) offence than for the first one?

• Like 1

Agree, give them a stop-go and make it really hurt for a second offence,

But I didn't really think Perez vs leClerc 2 was a penalty anyway, and Norris vs Perez certainly wasn't...

1. Australian GP cancelled, so there's another vacant spot on the schedule.  Where do you think - China maybe??

2. Does Hamilton signing a new contract mean he's written off this year as it's looking like a lost cause already? I think he would have quit if a possible 8th title was likely this year.

3. Does it also mean they'll be keeping Bottas?  Having chosen Hamilton for 2022/23 will Mercedes bring in Russell or make him wait another 2 years?

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Just watched the feature race. The team whose driver is always hyper aggressive on lap 1 are seemingly very upset that it didn't go all his way this time. Maybe he shouldn't run the opposition off or break their front wings at turn 1 so often?

I spent the whole race willing the Ferrari on, but it wasn't to be, as Charles lost at the very end to a Mansell-like performance from #44.

That’s sums it up nicely IMO.  👍

(apart from the Ferrari bit 🤫)

Edited by Baxlin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Maybe he shouldn't run the opposition off or break their front wings at turn 1 so often?

Or just turn in on someone who's part way up his inside?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Or just turn in on someone who's part way up his inside?

I just saw Max onboard footage...Hamilton appears inside as Max is turning in, so the Belgian goes full right lock to block/crash him.

Very 1997 Schumacher vs Villeneuve.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Very 1997 Schumacher vs Villeneuve.

Or Schumacher vs Hill?

Great driver though he was I could never respect Schumacher for the number of times his driving was "questionable"? I hope Verstappen isn't going to behave the same way when under pressure as that for me will be a waste of his undoubted talent.

• Love it! 1

Before tv cameras everywhere  that first lap incident would been a first lap racing incident 50/50 and either driver could have gone off but as can be seen oh sky slow mo maxs deliberate turn into Lewis  caused the crash and max lost out,I also thought the remarks from red bull brought the sport into disrepute because they made the remarks before seeing all the footage in SLO mo.10 sec penalty my a** ……………anyway best driver won and I think in every way RB look bad losers ,not that it’s max first incident as a great driver that he is ( but not the greatest YET)

Edited by Sad555
  • Like 3

With Shuee winning 7 ,seb4 and Lewis 7  not a lot of space for some other great drivers since 1994,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,come on Nigel 

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

Let me know when he wins his third F1 championship.

Piquet won 3. Does that make him "great"?? Not convinced.

Some real "great" drivers won less. Ascari, Clark to name just 2.

6 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Piquet won 3. Does that make him "great"?? Not convinced.

It seems Max has aspirations towards 3 WDCs then - isn’t his girlfriend Piquet’s daughter?

If Lewis wasn’t racing, max is the best of the rest and he’s got age  on his side and would seb have won 4 without red bull remember they didn’t want lewis in favour of seb.

Almost a week later, Horner still moaning and threatening the FIA and Mercedes with legal action.

No wonder Wolff called him a windbag in a recent TV interview.

Mr Ginger Spice also says the damage to the RB car #33 is $1.8 million...

Edited by camelspyyder