Interesting look forward at the Covid situation both here and worldwide - new stats added

I've been looking for data-supported predictions regarding the Covid situation going forwards and came across this site this morning which seems to be based on good stats rather than political bloviation.  The site is selectable for most of the world; the graphic below is for England, and if the data are valid it looks as though we may be turning a corned in the right direction:

https://i.redd.it/bmn2kl4182c61.jpg

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom/england?view=total-deaths&tab=trend

Edited by StickyMicky
typo
  • Like 1

A good resource, its worth adjusting the scale of the graphs back to the start of the pandemic and then comparing peoples mobility with the daily infections & daily deaths.

not a prediction but tge national data for ireland from our track and trave app..

473344298_Screenshot_20210118-214529_COVIDTrackerIreland.thumb.jpg.b5336eaafc22d5712dd0509d382e2f42.jpg

when i think about how we all reacted and behaved during that that first little bump, and during the first lock down...

the evidence is pretty conclusive our government opened waaaay too much and way too fast in the run up to and over Christmas. and of course that people are idiots who cant be trusted to do the right thing off their own bat.

• Like 2

• MikeTheThinker changed the title to Interesting look forward at the Covid situation both here and worldwide - new stats added
On 18/01/2021 at 21:50, mac11irl said:

not a prediction but tge national data for ireland from our track and trave app..

473344298_Screenshot_20210118-214529_COVIDTrackerIreland.thumb.jpg.b5336eaafc22d5712dd0509d382e2f42.jpg

when i think about how we all reacted and behaved during that that first little bump, and during the first lock down...

the evidence is pretty conclusive our government opened waaaay too much and way too fast in the run up to and over Christmas. and of course that people are idiots who cant be trusted to do the right thing off their own bat.

I was scheduled to be working in Athlone this week, but at the beginning of last week the company called to say that the numbers of cases had gone through the roof and they decided that it wasn't safe for me to come over. I wasn't sorry as I needed a negative test before arriving and another negative test before returning to the UK. 

this might be of interest

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/three-waves.htm

Spanish Flu stats.

It mirrors covid surprisingly closely.

Spanish flu went through 3 waves, the 2nd being the most deadly.

We've had two, I bet we see a 3rd smaller wave after the lockdown relaxes

• 1 year later...

I was trying to find a more relevant topic to ask this but they seem to have gone or my eyesight is failing.

Is the Moderna vaccine against COVID and flu? Nadhim Zahawi seems to think it is but I can't find anything that backs up his statement. Wasn't he part of some COVID unit a while ago?

I recorded him saying it on Kuenessberg but the file was too large to upload here.

I am getting my Flu & COVID vaccines next week, 2 separate ones. That is my 4th Vaccine.

My mum had her 5th Booster last week and a separate flu vaccine. 

He was the vaccine dude.  The main man.  He is always so good at anything he does.    Geeza Job, any job, i can do that, fill my pockets, Bob a job.

2022.  Now the new 'useful idiot',   again brilliant in every job he gets, which are numerous.

Keep him moving around what is the worst he can do!

Edited by roottoot
  • Thanks 1

So you've both had or having separate jabs or jags? That's what I thought the case was.

I need to make an appointment for my flu jab in a week or so. I'll check with the nurse on the day as my next booster isn't due until next month. That'll be my fourth booster.

• Like 1

Thanks, George.

If that's the line he's using I hope he's correct as mis/disinformation isn't a route that will be welcomed warmly. Not that people will be warm in winter.

If it's an error or he misspoke as often some do, I hope he back peddles and corrects the record quickly.

Tuesday in Parliament if not sooner.

Edited by @Lee

Two separate jabs, I had my Covid booster at the local pharmacy (a Moderna which is described as bivalent since it also includes some protection for the new Covid variants) and the flu jab at my local Boots (free as I'm over retirement age) as the local doctors only offered the option to queue outside on a Saturday morning until they ran out or wait 3 weeks.

A 70 year old friend still hasn't has the Covid booster as the nearest sites being offered are 30+ miles away.

Jan 2022 so still winter 2022 'Could be ready by winter 2023'.   So has the government buy it on a wish and a promise then?

Winter 2021/22 was last winter, winter 2022/23 starts now, (Novermber if you are the UK Government) winter 2023/24 still more than a year away. 

http://news.sky.com/video/covid-19-single-flu-vaccine-could-be-ready-by-winter-2023-says-modernas-chief-medical-officer-12527676

Edited by roottoot

17 minutes ago, roottoot said:

Jan 2022 so still winter 2022 'Could be ready by winter 2023'.   So has the government buy it on a wish and a promise then?

Winter 2021/22 was last winter, winter 2022/23 starts now, (Novermber if you are the UK Government) winter 2023/24 still more than a year away. 

http://news.sky.com/video/covid-19-single-flu-vaccine-could-be-ready-by-winter-2023-says-modernas-chief-medical-officer-12527676

Bivalent Moderna vaccine was approved in August 2022

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/first-bivalent-covid-19-booster-vaccine-approved-by-uk-medicines-regulator

And the BioNTech one was approved in September 2022

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pfizerbiontech-bivalent-covid-19-booster-approved-by-uk-medicines-regulator

• Thanks 1

@PetrolDave

So are those the Single Covid  19 / Flu jab / jag that their Chief Medical Officer was prediction by the winter of 2023? 

Does not read like they are.

Certainly not what Nadhim Zahawi MP said yesterday on the telly. 

Is this it?

http://abc.net.au/melbourne/programs/mornings/moderna-omicron-vaccine/13938806

Edited by roottoot

Hot off the press.

At 0900 and 0906 this am SWMBO & I had 

a) Moderna COVID booster vaccine (No. 4 Covid injection)

b) Flu Vaccination (make & model unknown)

Administered separately, in my case in the same arm, as I'd rather have 1 sore arm than 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Yes, and that's what I had 2 weeks ago and my brother and sister-in-law had last week.

Was agains Corona and flu or was it against the original Covid strain and the Omicron variant? Did you get a copy of the label?

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Was agains Corona and flu or was it against the original Covid strain and the Omicron variant? Did you get a copy of the label?

As I posted - two separate jabs:

- bivalent (original plus Omicron) Covid at local pharmacy, got a printed slip confirming the batch number

- trivalent flu at Boots

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

@PetrolDave where did you post 2 jabs?

EDIT, sorry, i see 3 hours ago. 

Surely Shirley there must be a written press release from the UK Government / NHS-Care, just anyone for England/ Wales or Scotland or even word from Therese Coffey MP telling us that it is a combined Covid 19 & Flu vaccine / Booster.

Not found that though. 

Edited by roottoot