Yeti Specs and offroad button

Hoggyf

I'm looking for a Yeti having just sold and Octavia and I'm noticing a few of the 2016/2017 4x4 don't have the offroad button, even though they are outdoor models, was that an optional extra? What else is different between Urban and Outdoor models? Also some of the new shape models seem to be 138BHP and some are 150BHP but both in the new shape? Are all 150BHP models with Adblue? 

Bloody confusing these things :biggrin:

So.

Off Road button standard on SE-L 4x4 and above, optional on lower 4x4 models.

City/Urban and Outdoor basically have different exterior trim, wheels etc plus limited engine choices in some models.

140/170 Euro5 emissions replace by 150 Euro6.

• Like 1

just thought of another question, how do you know if its had the emissions fix done or not, would rather have one that hasn't had it, ideally a 170 Elegance 4x4 with low mileage and saturday nights lottery numbers while I'm on :D

13 minutes ago, Hoggyf said:

just thought of another question, how do you know if its had the emissions fix done or not, would rather have one that hasn't had it, ideally a 170 Elegance 4x4 with low mileage and saturday nights lottery numbers while I'm on :D

Obviously a 150 would be Euro 6 and is a new engine so wont need the "Fix"

Having lived with a 170 and 150 I'd go for the 150. 

There is hardly any midrange difference between the two 340nm vs 350nm and the 150 is more responsive, more refined, more economical and less likely to be caught up in ULEZ charges. 

• Like 1

Just now, logiclee said:

Obviously a 150 would be Euro 6 and is a new engine so wont need the "Fix"

Having lived with a 170 and 150 I'd go for the 150. 

There is hardly any midrange difference between the two 340nm vs 350nm and the 150 is more responsive, more refined, more economical and less likely to be caught up in ULEZ charges. 

cheers for that, good info to have

36 minutes ago, Stubod said:

..have you considered the petrol version?...150hp and almost as torquey as a diesel, although probably not as economical, but no DPF worries...what mileage do you do?

While I'd agree that the 1.4 150PS petrol is a good choice, especially for short journey low mileage users the torque is significantly less 250nm vs 340Nm. 

That and no DSG was the reason I went diesel as my Yeti is used extensively for towing.

Hoggyf, do I recognise you as the GS riding Woodwarm guy by any chance?

(I refrained from using the term '******' as others wouldn't understand the reference, and you may not be the person Im thinking of :biggrin:)

Edited by Dale_Stevens

14 hours ago, Dale_Stevens said:

Hoggyf, do I recognise you as the GS riding Woodwarm guy by any chance?

(I refrained from using the term '******' as others wouldn't understand the reference, and you may not be the person Im thinking of :biggrin:)

Guilty as charged, Ex GS but now Trumpet, Montesa, Scorpa and Beta riding ****** :blink: (in my head its riding God! LMAO)

And in answer to mileage, I do around 18k a year mixed between car and van so plenty to justify a diesel plus most journeys are a decent mileage

On 19/01/2021 at 12:30, Hoggyf said:

how do you know if its had the emissions fix done or not

The most reliable method is to connect diagnostic equipment and check the software version for the ECU :)

If it's above around 9970, then it's been 'fixed' ;)

Before buying my 2016 SE L Drive 150 TDI, I had similar thoughts about buying a 170.  Having just come from a Mk5 Golf 170 PD that was mapped to 210 bhp and 330 lbs-ft, I was then planning on having the Yeti remapped.   However, reason prevailed and I decided on a Euro 6 car as I sometimes drive into city centres and I'll probably keep the car for quite a number of years as I did with the Golf - 12 years from new.  

A simple remap takes the 150 to c. 185 and 300 lbs-ft.  There's more to be had, c.220 with a turbo upgrade and bigger injectors on top of that will see c.250, according to discussions I've had with Darkside Developments. 

20 hours ago, Schtum said:

Before buying my 2016 SE L Drive 150 TDI, I had similar thoughts about buying a 170.  Having just come from a Mk5 Golf 170 PD that was mapped to 210 bhp and 330 lbs-ft, I was then planning on having the Yeti remapped.   However, reason prevailed and I decided on a Euro 6 car as I sometimes drive into city centres and I'll probably keep the car for quite a number of years as I did with the Golf - 12 years from new.  

A simple remap takes the 150 to c. 185 and 300 lbs-ft.  There's more to be had, c.220 with a turbo upgrade and bigger injectors on top of that will see c.250, according to discussions I've had with Darkside Developments. 

I'd imagine talking to Darkside is a very slippery slope - and expensive too, but a whole heap of fun, the thought of a Tonka Toy, which is what the Yeti reminds me of, thats bloody rapid appeals to my inner child :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Hoggyf said:

I'd imagine talking to Darkside is a very slippery slope - and expensive too, but a whole heap of fun, the thought of a Tonka Toy, which is what the Yeti reminds me of, thats bloody rapid appeals to my inner child :biggrin:

Precisely.  With just a remap, mine's already quite quick.   However, I think a turbo upgrade and their 4 pot Porsche brake conversion might be the next step.  I'm sure you know about farkling as well as I do.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just collected a 2015 170bhp Montecarlo version and from a previous post it's ad the emissions fix so I might look into getting it rolled back and benefit from better mpg

cheers for the help 

17 hours ago, Hoggyf said:

Just collected a 2015 170bhp Montecarlo version and from a previous post it's ad the emissions fix so I might look into getting it rolled back and benefit from better mpg

cheers for the help 

Congratulations, hope you enjoy it.

Get the Haldex filter/gauze replaced or cleaned. 

Mine's been into an Independent VAG garage today for gauze to be cleaned on the Haldex oil pump. They showed me some photos they took of the pump gauze and interior pump housing and it was badly gunked up. This is with just 37k miles on the clock, and Skoda had changed the Haldex oil at 30k miles. I'll post the photos once they have emailed them to me.

4 hours ago, Dale_Stevens said:

Congratulations, hope you enjoy it.

Get the Haldex filter/gauze replaced or cleaned. 

Mine's been into an Independent VAG garage today for gauze to be cleaned on the Haldex oil pump. They showed me some photos they took of the pump gauze and interior pump housing and it was badly gunked up. This is with just 37k miles on the clock, and Skoda had changed the Haldex oil at 30k miles. I'll post the photos once they have emailed them to me.

I was going to get that done, it's had the oil changed by Skoda at about 42k a year ago but there's a good independent version guy in town so I'll get him to do it, it's not big money and makes sure it's right. 

Having a struggle with my phone connecting on blue tooth, the phone connects and when you switch it to media and Bluetooth it shows the track playing on the screen but no audio? Can't turn the volume up, volumes set in settings - Bluetooth to loud? Worked for a minute yesterday but today, won't work? It's a samsung phone and it worked fine in my Octavia and works fine in my transit?

2 hours ago, Hoggyf said:

Having a struggle with my phone connecting on blue tooth, the phone connects and when you switch it to media and Bluetooth it shows the track playing on the screen but no audio? Can't turn the volume up, volumes set in settings - Bluetooth to loud? Worked for a minute yesterday but today, won't work? It's a samsung phone and it worked fine in my Octavia and works fine in my transit?

I can't help with that in afraid, but I have issues with Apple Car Play that I paid to have activated. When I connect my iPhone to the Yeti usb socket, its a toss of a coin whether Apple Car Play recognises my phone and opens up the display on the dashboard. Sometimes it does it first time, other times I have to remove and reinsert the usb cable a few times. Occasionally, like today, it doesn't connect at all no matter what I do. Bluetooth usually works ok, bit occasionally I have problems connecting.

36 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

Dale,

Try a different lead. Lots of reports elsewhere about the same problem on other makes of car as well, and the lead seems to be the biggest culprit.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Im using a non Apple 'Anker' lead which always charges the iPhone but doesn't always connect to Car Play. I'll try the genuine Apple lead.

On 02/02/2021 at 11:50, Dale_Stevens said:

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Im using a non Apple 'Anker' lead which always charges the iPhone but doesn't always connect to Car Play. I'll try the genuine Apple lead.

99% of these issues are the lead.

I've just had the same with Android Auto on my works Citroen van. Tried three different "quality" aftermarket leads and no joy. Fetched the genuine lead from my Yeti and connects solid every time.

Sadly this didn't;t work for me, I connected my iPhone with the official iPhone lightning cable but still no joy. Reverted back to my Anler cable and after a few tries it connected. The USB socket is working as my phone starts charging straightaway, but it seldom triggers Smart Link Car Play to open. I only had the Car Play software installed a few weeks ago by the Skoda dealer, not sure if it comes with any warranty? I'll have to phone them and ask.