Delivery times?

5 hours ago, 310golfr said:

it's bad enough having to wait longer for a car  than you where orginally  told, but i've read the terms/conditions  on the paperwork after paying  my deposit, and it says, if there are any price increases by skoda while your waiting for delivery,  they will give you 2 or 3 weeks notice  [ cant remember the exact number of days ]  you will then have the option to cancel or pay up if you still want the car.

The longer you have to wait, the more likely that prices will increase ,   so you could wait say 9 months only to be told prices are going up £2k so take it or leave it  😂

Where i am at the price stays the same luckily. The signed ordered holds and has to be respected. Estimate is also written on it but these circumstances can prolong it halas same as the situation i was in some years ago but had to do with manufacturing problems.

16 hours ago, soussi said:

Where i am at the price stays the same luckily. The signed ordered holds and has to be respected. Estimate is also written on it but these circumstances can prolong it halas same as the situation i was in some years ago but had to do with manufacturing problems.

Before i signed for the car, i asked the salesman if there was any price increases while i'm waiting for the car, would i still get the car at the price i signed for,  and he said i would get the car at the price agreed 

However, when you read the contract terms, it says differently  ie they will give you notice of price increase and you have the option of cancelling or if you still want the car you need to pay the extra.

not sure if they will do this though 

1 hour ago, peshetoman said:

April 15th 1.5 TSI mHev 7DSG. Lava blue in Bulgaria. It might be petrol blue in UK.

Style specs + edition package(Bulgaria has it matrix lights parking sensors)

Did you ask the dealer for winter tyres or did you have to buy them yourself?  (Asking, because they're on default rims)

Edited by zetzet

I asked multiple times for them as compensation for the delay. They probably decided to give them as after 1st of November its the law here to drive with winter tyres. And we got the car on the 5th. The summer ones were in the trunk when we got the car.

Finally some good news on my order!

The dealer informed me today that my car is now finished and in transit to the UK. No actual information on where it is but looking like it should arrive in 2021... Just.

Before Joss asks...

Race Blue vRS TSI manual hatchback.

Rear wiper is the only option.

Order was placed in March.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dave2912 said:

Finally some good news on my order!

The dealer informed me today that my car is now finished and in transit to the UK. No actual information on where it is but looking like it should arrive in 2021... Just.

Before Joss asks...

Race Blue vRS TSI manual hatchback.

Rear wiper is the only option.

Order was placed in March.

Hi mate ,this is the journey my VRS took in Jan this year. Transit from the Czech rep to a port in Germany ( Emden) , then onto Teeside port Newcastle and then around 2 weeks for a transporter to have enough cars to make the trip up to Glasgow. The dealer sent me screenshots from their ordering system , even showed the name of the boat. I was so excited i tracked the boats progress into Newcastle. Long time to wait but you'll love it and hopefully this late a build will have ironed out the software issues. 

11 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

Hi mate ,this is the journey my VRS took in Jan this year. Transit from the Czech rep to a port in Germany ( Emden) , then onto Teeside port Newcastle and then around 2 weeks for a transporter to have enough cars to make the trip up to Glasgow. The dealer sent me screenshots from their ordering system , even showed the name of the boat. I was so excited i tracked the boats progress into Newcastle. Long time to wait but you'll love it and hopefully this late a build will have ironed out the software issues. 

Thanks for the info! I'm sure my car will take much the same route but once at UK port it'll be going to a dealer in England for prep before being delivered to my door in Fife.

I'm getting my car on a lease, so all information is via the broker. Having that middleman always means the information available is more vague. No chance of seeing boat names!

Edited by Dave2912

Good to see a few people are getting their cars.

Had an update from Skoda UK by email -

We're just getting in touch to let you know that your car is still in production and may take a little longer there than previously anticipated.

Like many other manufacturers and other sectors of industry, we are experiencing some supply chain issues and a few of our components are in short supply, in particular those relating to semi-conductor chips, which have reduced our production capacity. This means delivery times for some of our model lines are longer than we would normally expect.

Please be assured we are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible and your retailer will keep you up to date with what’s happening.

If you are experiencing difficulties due to the delay, please don’t hesitate to contact your ŠKODA retailer who will work with you to find the best solution, and can advise on the limited supply of cars which are available from stock.

We’ll notify you by e-mail when your car is ready to leave the factory, and your Retailer will then be in touch to let you know when it’s due to arrive with them.

10 hours ago, ScottieJ said:

We're just getting in touch to let you know that your car is still in production and may take a little longer there than previously anticipated.

Like many other manufacturers and other sectors of industry, we are experiencing some supply chain issues and a few of our components are in short supply, in particular those relating to semi-conductor chips, which have reduced our production capacity. This means delivery times for some of our model lines are longer than we would normally expect.

Please be assured we are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible and your retailer will keep you up to date with what’s happening.

If you are experiencing difficulties due to the delay, please don’t hesitate to contact your ŠKODA retailer who will work with you to find the best solution, and can advise on the limited supply of cars which are available from stock.

We’ll notify you by e-mail when your car is ready to leave the factory, and your Retailer will then be in touch to let you know when it’s due to arrive with them.

10 hours ago, ScottieJ said:

When did you order your car?

Hi all,

Just an update,

Ordered Octavia 1,5 Mhev, DSG, Sunroof on 31 of July.
1st production date was for week 40
Then moved for Week 48
Yesterday had a talk with my salesperson and informed me that now he can only see that the order is accepted but with no production week anymore.
In general he told me that they have been informed by Skoda that the max delivery date is up to 8 months, but judging from this thread this is not true.

Now I have put my self into a mood that there is going to be a very increased delay and I am trying not to think about it...🙂

21 minutes ago, NicktheGreek said:

Now I have put my self into a mood that there is going to be a very increased delay

Yes, so sad but......I've ordered mine on 27 April and In December will be 8 months of waiting. My delivery date was 30-35 weeks. Waiting time now is up to 11 months for the new orders but also I think this is even for the old orders, like mine.

2 minutes ago, zetzet said:

If you got yours I might get mine. 🙃 Did you go for Canton?

Yep! I went for Canton, DCC, winter pack, reverse camera and travel assist. My order went on the system Jan 8th. I got the car on 12th of November, so pretty much 11 months exactly lol. 

• Like 1