Delivery times?

34 minutes ago, timster said:

Yess it was tought till the end of the year but turns out it was for 2 weeks. So i would guess some production lines only for parked cars and other ones for new cars.  It is good news to get all going again.

On 31/10/2021 at 08:33, Joss1733 said:

I ordered the same car 20 may and as I have said before 5 delivery dates I have been given but nothing definite.every day I check for any news.i know the whole automotive industry is the same boat,wonder is it only skoda who. Are keeping there customers in the dark with no information at all?

You won't know anything until the cars status has changed. Mine sat 'finished' for months waiting for chips, Then all of a sudden was at Emden port. I was never given any indication of what was going on or when progress would be made with my car. I know it's a strange time, but IMO Skoda are utterly useless communication wise. 

Interesting conversation when at the dealers yesterday. Mine was in for a s/w update, but I commented on how few Octavia models they had (mostly Koroq, Kamic and a few Scala).

Was told that Octavia models have at least a 36 week lead time and the launch of the facelift Fabia has been delayed a few months. Many cars are half built so they have ceased starting to build some models.

Not a great time for the motor industry nor its customers…

7 hours ago, sneal said:

Interesting conversation when at the dealers yesterday. Mine was in for a s/w update, but I commented on how few Octavia models they had (mostly Koroq, Kamic and a few Scala).

Was told that Octavia models have at least a 36 week lead time and the launch of the facelift Fabia has been delayed a few months. Many cars are half built so they have ceased starting to build some models.

Not a great time for the motor industry nor its customers…

The 7-8 months is also what I’ve been quoted.

I am very interested in how far my dealer is willing to or can bend to get me to order.

Presumably orders have fallen off a cliff and they have no way to meet end of targets. Does that make them desperate or defensive?

Just adding another data point.

I ordered a vRS (Octavia Hatch vRS 2.0 TSI 245 PS 6G Man - Velvet Red Metallic) in the UK on 9th August 2021 and was told I could expect to receive it in November or December 2021. Each week I get an automated email from the dealership with the current status of the order. For the last couple of months the message has been "The latest update from the factory is that your car is on order with the factory and has been accepted".

The dealership called me about a month ago to say that the car would be delayed because of the chip shortage, but they've not made any attempt to suggest a new delivery date which is probably for the best given the discussions in this forum. Based on this thread, I'm guessing I'll get the car sometime in March or April 2022 at the earliest. Hopefully my current car can last until then 🤞

They are defensive... ours arrived last week. We went to sign the docs. They gave us winter tires as per law i cant drive it without then from November 1st. They have promised us also on signing back in April winter mats. So far so good. I asked for the umbrela(20€) as octavia doesn't have one in the door per default. They said no... 🤣 so not as generous as they could be. I already wired the money to them anyway. But wont ask foe any merchandise for the kids for sure 😄

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, peshetoman said:

I asked for the umbrela(20€) as octavia doesn't have one in the door per default.

This confused me at first, but it looks like it's country-specific. In the UK the umbrella does seem to be included. Judging by the website, the car costs about £4000 more in the UK than Bulgaria though, so I think you're still getting the better deal 😅

On 27/10/2021 at 13:23, koolgoose said:

I’ve been following this thread for a while, thought I’d add my journey so far:

ordered my Octavia Estate PHEV in June, but it was actually placed by the dealer in July as I ordered the 2021 spec and it changed to the 2022 spec so had to resubmit. Currently scheduled for build next week (1st Nov). Dealer estimated late December for delivery. I guess much of this may still change

Spoke to the dealer today who said it is going into build this week, however they don’t have a build completion date. They said delivery before the end of the year is possible but still to be confirmed once they know more

3 hours ago, KBizzle said:

Just adding another data point.

I ordered a vRS (Octavia Hatch vRS 2.0 TSI 245 PS 6G Man - Velvet Red Metallic) in the UK on 9th August 2021 and was told I could expect to receive it in November or December 2021. Each week I get an automated email from the dealership with the current status of the order. For the last couple of months the message has been "The latest update from the factory is that your car is on order with the factory and has been accepted".

The dealership called me about a month ago to say that the car would be delayed because of the chip shortage, but they've not made any attempt to suggest a new delivery date which is probably for the best given the discussions in this forum. Based on this thread, I'm guessing I'll get the car sometime in March or April 2022 at the earliest. Hopefully my current car can last until then 🤞

For comparison, i've got vRS iV ordered also on august. First it was november or december. Then january, but last weeks update is somewhere in march maybe :)

2 hours ago, KBizzle said:

This confused me at first, but it looks like it's country-specific. In the UK the umbrella does seem to be included. Judging by the website, the car costs about £4000 more in the UK than Bulgaria though, so I think you're still getting the better deal 😅

That sound impossible 😄 it's usually us on the bad end of a deal 😁

This js the current translated in google price list. I added the sedan only estate is a bit more expensive. 1£ is 2.3BGN(LEV)

New_Octavia_NX3_29092021-1.bg.en.pdf

34 minutes ago, timster said:

Did you order the sportline or still thinking? :)

I am still thinking. And I am expecting a jaw dropping offer next time I go in;) And of course I want the vRS! It's so much better looking!

6 minutes ago, soussi said:

Have they removed options from yours?

Not that I know of, but mine was ordered in January and is now in shipping to Northern Ireland. I'll be pretty ****ed if it's not in it after waiting nearly 11 months for the car!

1 minute ago, Wonderloaf said:

Not that I know of, but mine was ordered in January and is now in shipping to Northern Ireland. I'll be pretty ****ed if it's not in it after waiting nearly 11 months for the car!

Then i hope you waited more to get it all included btu make sure they check the option list and update everything before you take over :)

14 hours ago, mcdeli said:

I am still thinking. And I am expecting a jaw dropping offer next time I go in;) And of course I want the vRS! It's so much better looking!

Finally you came to sense :) Have you decided the options?

• Haha 1
  • Cheeky 1

14 hours ago, Wonderloaf said:

So I've noticed the Canton system has been removed from the UK configurator. I wonder if that's what's held mine up for so long?

Hello guys!

Yes, this option is removed from the configurator in my country too (Hungary).

btw My company ordered mine in early  March and was promised to arrive in august. After that it was delayed to September and after that it was delayed with no information. Lease company said that it might arrive in november or maybe only next year..

Mine is an ambition with tdi dsg with matrix led, canton, interior les etc... I really hope that they do install canton in the car!

14 hours ago, Wonderloaf said:

So I've noticed the Canton system has been removed from the UK configurator. I wonder if that's what's held mine up for so long?

Canton is also removed from the configurator in my country (Slovenia)... And not just that, heated seats are also out (can only be added in package options), and i am pretty sure that when i orderd mine there was a lot more options available 🙃

Now when i configure the same car that i ordered in april (without heated front seats for 210€) it costs 1418,3€ more than it was back then 😁

So if i include heated seats that is 1628,3€ more than 7 months back :rofl:

23 hours ago, mcdeli said:

Am I reading this right? I was sure you will be ordering the Sportline ;)

7 hours ago, Gingernick70 said:

Mine has Canton, came off the production line 5th October, I am guessing they just can't get the parts and mine was one of the last to complete with it

Can I ask how do you know yours was one of the last ones?the reason I ask many people cars had already been built and are awaiting for parts.to my knowledge that was before your build date.

1 hour ago, Joss1733 said:

Can I ask how do you know yours was one of the last ones?the reason I ask many people cars had already been built and are awaiting for parts.to my knowledge that was before your build date.

Some are built recently and those are having the options and some countries seem to keep the options even if the build date is later. But as you said a lot were allready built and probably with the options but without the missing chips.

9 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

You are right of course, they will try to fulfil any factory orders already in the system with any stock they can get. But with them taking it off the options list, there must be a problem somewhere in the supply chain.