Delivery times?

1 hour ago, Mati said:

I was informed in August that there is a new pricing for the new model year and that Skoda doesn't guarantee that price will stay the same, but they didn't commit to the exact amount then. It was an estimate, subject to possible changes, as the date of delivery was totally unknown.

I could argue I should've known the exact amount earlier, but I feel they had been relatively transparent, granted they knew as little as everyone about what's going to happen.

I don't know about Skoda Poland, however Skoda UK set a date of 1st December for the price and specification change and an increase in % rates for Skoda finance. We got our orders in prior to this date for that very reason and to secure our chosen specification. 

I ordered my Octy vRS Wagon 2.0 TSI DSG (with most options ticked) back in July and the replacement for my wife's Scala SEL with most options (Scala Monte Carlo again with most options) back in November. Due to the money we spend, we have very regular contact with the dealer, however I have no expectation of any special treatment! 

1 hour ago, DNC said:

I don't know about Skoda Poland, however Skoda UK set a date of 1st December for the price and specification change and an increase in % rates for Skoda finance. We got our orders in prior to this date for that very reason and to secure our chosen specification. 

I ordered my Octy vRS Wagon 2.0 TSI DSG (with most options ticked) back in July and the replacement for my wife's Scala SEL with most options (Scala Monte Carlo again with most options) back in November. Due to the money we spend, we have very regular contact with the dealer, however I have no expectation of any special treatment! 

yes skoda increased prices on 1st december, but price increases and spec changes can be anytime skoda feels like it

however the one to watch is the model year change [ normally august]

lets say your wifes scala ordered in november2021 is still not built by august 2022, for the new model year, skoda then decides to reduce specs and removes stuff that used to be standard in this years model,

if that's the way they now come out of the factory,  then thats what your getting  

26 minutes ago, 310golfr said:

yes skoda increased prices on 1st december, but price increases and spec changes can be anytime skoda feels like it

lets say your wifes scala ordered in november2021 is still not built by august 2022, for the new model year, skoda then decides to reduce specs and removes stuff that used to be standard in this years model,

if that's the way they now come out of the factory,  then thats what your getting  

I've had a long relationship with my local dealer since my wife's MK1 Fabia when I had a Mitsubishi. My parents first brand new car was a Skoda 110R and they bought that, because my grandfather had a 100R at the time and we had so many happy memories of family holidays all ove the country when I was small. My father-in-law has a Skoda Fabia MK2 Auto that he refuses to part with, so our history goes back somewhat!  

Our local dealer have worked hard, very hard over the years to get me in to a vRS and I've had a number of iterations to test drive!. My order of an Octavia vRS Wagon 2,0 TSI DSG, is locked in and I'm happy to wait, however if Skoda decide to change the spec for my wife's car, then I have no brand loyalty at all. She can keep her current Scala SEL and I'll order her an Ioniq 5 Premium or whatever other car she likes and we'll just drop the brand! No big shakes for her and nothing lost to me! Remember the customer is not always right, however they always have the choice of where their money is spent! It's a case of seller's market at the moment, however many a big brand has been lost for ever to bravado, machismo and complacency! 

5 hours ago, 310golfr said:

Don't think that's always the case. I ordered a my21 rs and now it's being built as a my22, the only thing that changed was the colour. 

On 30/12/2021 at 12:37, CNeddersVRS said:

Hi Mate,

Was this at Lightcliffe Warrington? Only ask as iv ordered pretty much the same car minus the blindspot detection on 13th October so might give me hope of an update soonish haha!

Yes that's one

• Like 1

22 hours ago, koolgoose said:

Updated info:

Order placed June 2021

Skoda accepted July 2021

Vehicle into build week 44 (Nov 1)

Vehicle finished build December 2021

Vehicle shipping to U.K. December 10th

Vehicle now in U.K. January 4th

Vehicle awaiting transport to dealer for inspection and delivery estimated week of Jan 17th

Delivery confirmed for January 13th (hopefully not unlucky!) as vehicle has just passed the inspection at the dealer this morning!

• Like 3

On 04/01/2022 at 13:08, Mati said:

I've just received a message from my dealer that the car (ordered 1st week of March) was manufactured on 3rd of January this year and is now en route to the dealership, should be ready for collection in third week of January.

Bad news is they didn't keep the price. Good news is, the rate hike is relatively minor and the full spec was retained.

47 weeks from the order date to receiving the actual car. 

i thought the factory shutdown was before xmas and not reopening until 10 january?in any case  am pleased for you.just maybe i might get mine inside the next few months

14 minutes ago, Monkey07 said:

I spoke with my dealer again yesterday. They still don't even have a build date for my VRS ordered on 10th August 2021.

August... Then, you can expect the car next August. Maybe June if you're lucky.

• Groan 2

3 minutes ago, zetzet said:

August... Then, you can expect the car next August. Maybe June if you're lucky.

Well, Ralliskara seems to disagree... :) To qoute him: "The car was ordered beginning of September ,accepted by skoda on the 10th of September. Produced on the 8th of December , arrived in Piraeus port Greece on 30th of December".

• Like 1

Just been advised my Octavia VRS Estate Petrol DSG has arrived in the UK:) Ordered July'21.

With a potential collection on the 14th. Happy days.

Hopefully those that are still waiting will get yours soon.

• Like 4

Yesterday the VIN stopped showing error when adding to the MySkoda app and has finally shown the grey silhouette. Today, the full color image appeared in the app. It seems it really does exist 😉 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mati said:

Yesterday the VIN stopped showing error when adding to the MySkoda app and has finally shown the grey silhouette. Today, the full color image appeared in the app. It seems it really does exist 😉 

Same here :) So happy! It's been 11 months since ordering.

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

Happy New Year to all!

Looks like things are moving forward. Yesterday I received an email from my dealer and my Skoda Karoq 4x4 DSG, order at 3rd of June is finished and awaits shipment to Romania. So probably at the beginning of February will be at the dealer. Finger crossed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I still have a little hope that mine (ordered August) will be on the same truck to Slovenia as yours. :D

Do you have a VIN already? If so, you can register on Skoda Connect to check if the car has been built or no.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, drnovshek said:

Do you have a VIN already? If so, you can register on Skoda Connect to check if the car has been built or no.

I have nothing yet, so this is just a false hope. :) I will ask next week the dealer if there are any changes to my order. Won't hold my breath tho.