Delivery times?

22 minutes ago, RsDub said:

Ordered October 21 and picking mine up tomorrow 🥳🥳

F**k---that was fast ...Congrats to you.

In the meantime main importer for Slovenia informed me that my car ordered 10 march 2021 has not entered production yet...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Wagon? I have to ask, as this is a new thing now I guess. F**k my hatchback order. 🤬 

They appear to be pushing the wagon orders through very quickly. I'm glad for that at least! Although there are probably more Wagon orders represented on the forum, so it just appears that more are being delivered! Just a guess!!! 

4 minutes ago, GregB11x said:

F**k---that was fast ...Congrats to you.

In the meantime main importer for Slovenia informed me that my car ordered 10 march 2021 has not entered production yet...

This is insane. I am waiting for August order, also Slovenia. Impressed how calm you are. :)

• Like 2

Just now, MaximusMeridius said:

This is insane. I am waiting for August order, also Slovenia. Impressed how calm you are. :)

My order was mid-July and I currently have a week 6 build date! 

I agree with you with regard to Slovenia. Patient's of a Saint! 😇

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Calm on the outside maybe... Otherwise I'm mad as hell, but what can I do??  

• Love it! 1

16 minutes ago, GregB11x said:

Calm on the outside maybe... Otherwise I'm mad as hell, but what can I do??  

I don't know man, but I can tell you what i will do next month if there will be no info till then. So after 6 months waiting, I will demand answers. Dealer don't have them? Ok, fine, demand answers from importer and so on. This is the least we can do, to demand some explanation. I would understand if everyone was waiting similar amount of time, but not this. There must be some fu**ing explanation. Don't know is not good enough anymore after so much time. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I don't know man, but I can tell you what i will do next month if there will be no info till then. So after 6 months waiting, I will demand answers. Dealer don't have them? Ok, fine, demand answers from importer and so on. This is the least we can do, to demand some explanation. I would understand if everyone was waiting similar amount of time, but not this. There must be some fu**ing explanation. Don't know is not good enough anymore after so much time. 

I was waiting for 7 months till I got a manufacturing date, then they missed it and it was delivered a month later. 🤣

46 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Yeah that exactly what I did... The dealer had no info so I turned to the importer. They said the same, the only difference is they also said that the car has not gone to production yet and there is no date.... 

Ordered moon white 245 manual estate 14 June 2021 - with panoramic roof and front winter pack.

Picking up 31 January 2022.

Told new vrs orders is 13 month wait.

Pics to follow...

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

am over 8 months since ordering,still waiting for my car.

Did you demand answers? I understand the "chip shortage" but don't understand why for some there is no shortage at Skoda. I think they should give some explanation to keep customers happy, ok, maybe not happy, but at least less aggrevated. Customers say nothing? They don't need to. They just look like an amateur company, it they can't setup a system that makes sense after 2 years of "chip shortage". :)

18 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Did you demand answers? I understand the "chip shortage" but don't understand why for some there is no shortage at Skoda. I think they should give some explanation to keep customers happy, ok, maybe not happy, but at least less aggrevated. Customers say nothing? They don't need to. They just look like an amateur company, it they can't setup a system that makes sense after 2 years of "chip shortage". :)

after all of the waiting i went out and got a short term lease car,i did ask a couple of months ago  and got build week 1 then it changed to week 7 delivery date 04/03/2022,since then every week says the same 04/03/2022 delivery but nothing confirmed.with 22 plate cars coming out shortly am not pushing it.

47 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Yes, but did you demand answers? :)

No I didn't, I asked what's up every 2-3 months and the dealer said: not much. Then when the manufacturing date finally showed up he wrote me and then they missed that date I didn't even ask again until he wrote me that the car is coming already. Dealers don't know anything, they order, it shows them it's either accepted or declined and if there is a date or not.

There are probably a hundred things at play here which have to all align for your car to get manufactured. There are different markets which all have different specs, dealers probably (not confirmed) have quotas of how many cars they can get, they also seem to stock up for certain models and then push out many of the same type at the same time. 

I asked my dealer how bad it was going lately and he said it was pretty slow at the end of last year, especially for vRS models, but this January alone they had 7 vRS cars and some normal ones delivered.

Edited by zetzet

27 minutes ago, zetzet said:

No I didn't, I asked what's up every 2-3 months and the dealer said: not much. Then when the manufacturing date finally showed up he wrote me and then they missed that date I didn't even ask again until he wrote me that the car is coming already. Dealers don't know anything, they order, it shows them it's either accepted or declined and if there is a date or not.

There are probably a hundred things at play here which have to all align for your car to get manufactured. There are different markets which all have different specs, dealers probably (not confirmed) have quotas of how many cars they can get, they also seem to stock up for certain models and then push out many of the same type at the same time. 

I asked my dealer how bad it was going lately and he said it was pretty slow at the end of last year, especially for vRS models, but this January alone they had 7 vRS cars and some normal ones delivered.

Exactly. No pressure from dealers/importers towards Skoda = no info. Maybe some bigger dealers pressure more, that is why some get cars faster. If everything was by the book it would be easy to create a plan for Skoda and give some info to customers. They know how many parts they have, they know how long a car is being manufactured, they know the number of orders, they know where the orders are coming from, they have all the info just apparently no "queue". Basically it is a ruse, cause they still want people to order cars. Maybe if they were transparent, people would resent the reasons, so they stay quiet. I am just guessing here, like all of you, but this guessing should not be required. Very strange times indeed.

Edited by MaximusMeridius

57 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Exactly. No pressure from dealers/importers towards Skoda = no info. Maybe some bigger dealers pressure more, that is why some get cars faster. If everything was by the book it would be easy to create a plan for Skoda and give some info to customers. They know how many parts they have, they know how long a car is being manufactured, they know the number of orders, they know where the orders are coming from, they have all the info just apparently no "queue". Basically it is a ruse, cause they still want people to order cars. Maybe if they were transparent, people would resent the reasons, so they stay quiet. I am just guessing here, like all of you, but this guessing should not be required. Very strange times indeed.

What is stopping you from going to another car manufacturer and ordering there? It's the same thing everywhere... Only Kia/Hyundai and Toyota can give you a car in a reasonable time, but only on models which aren't that high in demand to begin with. 

Everything you're describing would require Skoda/VAG to make a new system to inform customers/dealers about their stock/manufacturing schedules, which costs money. Which would then still probably be unreliable because on some Monday 10 workers wake up with covid and the schedule is blown up again. 

I think you should relax, take a walk and realize that you're complaining about having to wait a couple of months extra for a new car. I'm currently trying to order an IKEA wardrobe, they don't have basic wooden frames for three months now and they are literally made here in Lithuania. But I'm zen about it.

Edited by zetzet
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joss1733 said:

after all of the waiting i went out and got a short term lease car,i did ask a couple of months ago  and got build week 1 then it changed to week 7 delivery date 04/03/2022,since then every week says the same 04/03/2022 delivery but nothing confirmed.with 22 plate cars coming out shortly am not pushing it.

week 7 does'nt tally up with a delivery date of 04/03/2022, so something wrong somewhere

To get delivery on/by 04/03/2022 your car would need to be built this week or be built next week at the latest,  as it takes 4/5 weeks from leaving the factory to arrive at the uk dealer

if it is going to be built next week, your dealer would be told by the factory  this week [ usually tuesday ] and the 00 code for provisional would change to a 10 code  for confirmed

Skoda production code.docx

Hello guys,

mine was an april 2021 order (moonlight white, e-tec 1.5 petrol, dsg with dynamic pack incl. camera) at a Hungarian dealership.

I have a week 9 build date (hoping that it’s finally not going to change).

I just wondered while reading the posts here, that how long does it take to actually deliver the car after it’s production? Couple of other weeks or just a few more days?

6 minutes ago, Sque4ler said:

I just wondered while reading the posts here, that how long does it take to actually deliver the car after it’s production? Couple of other weeks or just a few more days?

To Lithuania it took less than a week to arrive and then a couple days until they prepped it and I had time to collect it. Hungary is even closer. UK seems to take a while, probably because of the beautiful new border and the fact that it needs to take a ferry/train.

Edited by zetzet

2 hours ago, zetzet said:

What is stopping you from going to another car manufacturer and ordering there? It's the same thing everywhere... Only Kia/Hyundai and Toyota can give you a car in a reasonable time, but only on models which aren't that high in demand to begin with. 

Everything you're describing would require Skoda/VAG to make a new system to inform customers/dealers about their stock/manufacturing schedules, which costs money. Which would then still probably be unreliable because on some Monday 10 workers wake up with covid and the schedule is blown up again. 

I think you should relax, take a walk and realize that you're complaining about having to wait a couple of months extra for a new car. I'm currently trying to order an IKEA wardrobe, they don't have basic wooden frames for three months now and they are literally made here in Lithuania. But I'm zen about it.

I can't, it is company policy to order Skoda cars. Also going back to the end of the line at some other manufacturer is not really a solution after already waiting 5 months and Skoda knows this. I know I am venting a little and sorry for that, but it is not a couple of extra months. Extra 6-8 months for many people hardly qualifies as a couple. :) Keep in mind when placing the order they said the same thing as you. It will be a couple of months more, max 6 months which is already at least twice as long as before the "chip shortage". They should have told the dealers the car will most likely take 1 year and I would choose a stock car, even if it didn't have all the options I wanted. Or ask for a different manufacturer, because of the current situation at Skoda. Also what you are saying is true for some of the people, many others get cars much quicker. To create a queue, first come, first served you don't really need to develop a multimillion euro system. Thanks for letting me vent a little. :)

Edited by MaximusMeridius

3 minutes ago, Mati said:

So, it finally happened. I still can't believe it. 

RS 2.0 TSI Hatch Mamba/Hyper Green

Ordered first week of March 

Forced colour change for MY22 in the meantime (was meant to be Meteor Grey) 

Produced late July, from then waiting incomplete 

Finished Jan 3

In Poland Jan 13

Collected today, Jan 27

It was a long wait (10+ months!), but just a short drive makes me think it was more than worth it. It's going to be with me for the next 3 years for sure. 

Keeping fingers crossed for all your orders to get fulfilled soon! 

Congrats, very happy for you. It was about time!

• Thanks 1

Well i read that from july 2022 on most model cars will be fitted with an ISA system in Europe. From 2024 ISA will be mandatory on new cars :o 

https://etsc.eu/intelligent-speed-assistance-isa/ 

Not much to do with delivery time but just wanted to throw it in here for peeps that still going to order.

Edited by Omniking
  • Confused 1