Delivery times?

Are these delays really true? I ordered a new Skoda just last week, was given a date of 14th June 2022 for delivery. Was kind of expecting a slight delay or even it being brought forward if lucky.

I’ve just emailed my dealer to ask for an update as I am selling my old car today - to take advantage of the higher used car prices - but if my Octavia is going to be delayed by many more months I can’t get rid of the car for that long.

The dealer was very optimistic about delivery dates and said Skoda were catching up with a lot of orders recently as well.

• Groan 2

12 hours ago, timster said:

Mine has build week for next week

U should ask you dealer, maybe he can have a look at the status.
That would also be useful info for the Forum - there are plenty of people waiting for their Octy's.

p.s. I would ask mine, but they told me last year that they won't know any status until the car reaches Romanian customs.

L.E.

"Are these delays really true?"

Lat month the delivery term for Octavia iV was Q1.2023, last week it was showing Q3.2023; info from this site:

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

Edited by SkOmk4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richy59 said:

Are these delays really true? I ordered a new Skoda just last week, was given a date of 14th June 2022 for delivery. Was kind of expecting a slight delay or even it being brought forward if lucky.

I’ve just emailed my dealer to ask for an update as I am selling my old car today - to take advantage of the higher used car prices - but if my Octavia is going to be delayed by many more months I can’t get rid of the car for that long.

The dealer was very optimistic about delivery dates and said Skoda were catching up with a lot of orders recently as well.

You might have been given the date before the recent fire, (at the factory which seems to make the  fabric inside of the doors).   Unclear yet what delay effect will be, but could be few months.

The delivery date ranges seem to be engine specific, it has been reported the iV models now seem to be delayed 18 months.

6 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

You might have been given the date before the recent fire, (at the factory which seems to make the  fabric inside of the doors).   Unclear yet what delay effect will be, but could be few months.

The delivery date ranges seem to be engine specific, it has been reported the iV models now seem to be delayed 18 months.

This was my concern, after hearing about the fire. Hopefully the dealer can give me an update today.

When I ordered the car he told me how Skoda is prioritising build slots, the impression I got is anything EV/IV was first, then the VRS models, then petrol engines then diesel. He said VRS models usually get pushed through quite quickly.

Just don’t want to have no car for 12 months otherwise I’d have to reconsider my options.

15 minutes ago, Richy59 said:

This was my concern, after hearing about the fire. Hopefully the dealer can give me an update today.

When I ordered the car he told me how Skoda is prioritising build slots, the impression I got is anything EV/IV was first, then the VRS models, then petrol engines then diesel. He said VRS models usually get pushed through quite quickly.

Just don’t want to have no car for 12 months otherwise I’d have to reconsider my options.

When I spoke to my dealer (Slovenia) he said for Octavia the waiting time is +1 year, for new orders.

56 minutes ago, Richy59 said:

Dude, it sounds like your dealer is full of bulls*it. Even if you are one of the luckiest guys in the world and this will be true, don't sell your car based on this information, if you need it. This is my suggestion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richy59 said:

June is not going to happen. I think your dealer just wanted to make a deal.

My dad ordered an Octavia iV last week and was given january 2023. Delivery times should be at least 10 months for new orders. And this information was before the fire.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, timster said:

ordered an Octavia iV last week and was given january 2023

Hmm... I'd hate to be the bad-news source, but according to the link you can see above that's not likely to be true.
Indeed, they were showing Q1.2023 before last week, but that's recently changed to Q3.2023 - for iV olny.
Besides that, I think it's too soon after the fire at the factory for Skoda to make a realistic evaluation of the delays and to communicate that to local representatives. I asked mine at the end of last week and they had no official info from Skoda HQ.

Well as I once said my company ordered 3 octavias iV and first delivery date was december 2022, the second was january 2023 and now we are already at february 2023. We ordered them in october 2021 😆 and also kodiaq july 2022, karoq and kamiq unknown 🤷🏻‍♂️

15 hours ago, Omniking said:

Yeah looks like Octavias are being on hold.  Hope the other models can still be produced as mine is a Scala 😕

https://www.royalsblue.com/the-disaster-that-reduced-skodas-production-what-happens-to-the-octavia/

One step forward, two steps back... 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, zorglub said:

i m ok to accept a car without door panel and put them back later even myself: on contrary it ll let me the time to upgrade the sound system 😁

Wait few more months and you will be saying: "I'm ok to accept a car without a chassis". :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zx14 said:

Here is my new baby. 🙂

Kamiq 1.0 TSI Active, the most basic equipment, just rear parking sensors added. Waiting time just 6 1/2 months. Compared with most of you waiting Octavias, I consider myself very lucky.

Fingers crossed that you all get your cars as soon as possible.

My dealer also got two new Karoq's today, but Octavia is pain in the ass. There was a guy asking about his Octavia and salesman told him that there is just a non-comfirmed build date in computer, not very soon (didn't tell exactly when) and he is 6th of more than 100 orders for Octavia.

20220207_132522.jpg

CongratZ! :)

Who was the dealer? Grega, Matjaž or somebody else? :rofl:

1 hour ago, zx14 said:

Here is my new baby. 🙂

Kamiq 1.0 TSI Active, the most basic equipment, just rear parking sensors added. Waiting time just 6 1/2 months. Compared with most of you waiting Octavias, I consider myself very lucky.

Fingers crossed that you all get your cars as soon as possible.

My dealer also got two new Karoq's today, but Octavia is pain in the ass. There was a guy asking about his Octavia and salesman told him that there is just a non-comfirmed build date in computer, not very soon (didn't tell exactly when) and he is 6th of more than 100 orders for Octavia.

20220207_132522.jpg

Great color. Too bad mine has to be white. :)

I have been asking to the dealer today (in Madrid) and they have no news about delays. They say my car (Octavia iV) has already date of manufacture next March (they have shown the date in their computer) and advise me not to trust in all what I read in forums like this.. Something that I am sure is that here there are a lot of people from different countries with delay problems and it is going to be worse soon because the fire.

Sadly I have cancelled my order. Very hard decision actually.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, almarote said:

I have been asking to the dealer today (in Madrid) and they have no news about delays. They say my car (Octavia iV) has already date of manufacture next March (they have shown the date in their computer) and advise me not to trust in all what I read in forums like this.. Something that I am sure is that here there are a lot of people from different countries with delay problems and it is going to be worse soon because the fire.

Why couldn't you wait till March? Maybe your car was in queue with currently available components already.

5 minutes ago, zetzet said:

Why couldn't you wait till March? Maybe your car was in queue with currently available components already.

Maybe he meant 2023 March 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, almarote said:

Don't feel bad. If I had all this information in August when I ordered, I would probably do the same. Maybe find a used one or another brand...

14 minutes ago, zetzet said:

Don’t think so. I asked many extra options. It is an Style with every extra. Even interior is beige (not sure if that is worse or not). First delivery date they told me was October. I don’t think I was going to be so lucky. It is an Octavia iV… Spanish government is giving some subsidies to buy EV and Phev cars. If I wait so long and then I have to cancel my order it is probably there is no more funds.

• Like 1