Delivery times?

10 hours ago, nauticat said:

From what my dealer told me, that stands for delivery week, i.e. car at the dealership

I guess it’s still possible in theory, but reading other ppl’s posts in this thread I wouldn’t bet my money on it 😉

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ajdolin said:

I guess it’s still possible in theory, but reading other ppl’s posts in this thread I wouldn’t bet my money on it 😉

I had a week 15 delivery and car in production/missing parts, but when it reached that week all dates disappeared 😅

• Confused 1

Received info that my car is going into production. It was ordered in June 21.

But I expect I will still go on holidays this year with my 10.5 years old Kia.

2 minutes ago, stripy007 said:

Received info that my car is going into production. It was ordered in June 21.

But I expect I will still go on holidays this year with my 10.5 years old Kia.

Let’s hope for the best 🤞

6 hours ago, Ajdolin said:

And still nothing?

Nope. I will call them in a day or two to check if there is any news. 🙃

How many weeks before delivery do you get the VIN number? I am 5 weeks prior to expected delivery and no VIN number so I'm not sure if it's still too early or if it will be pushed back. Delivery week hasn't changed for over 2 months so I'm still naive 🤪

2 minutes ago, nauticat said:

How many weeks before delivery do you get the VIN number? I am 5 weeks prior to expected delivery and no VIN number so I'm not sure if it's still too early or if it will be pushed back. Delivery week hasn't changed for over 2 months so I'm still naive 🤪

I received VIN last Thursday…so let’s say 2 weeks before delivery.

3 hours ago, nauticat said:

The dealer told me the car is ready and have vin early march. The status was the same until that Monday, when they told me that the car arrived in the dealership.

• Like 2

I have really bad news, yesterday i was by my car dealer and he told me some bad informations.

My car was built 14.2.2022 and i have already VIN number. First he told me that car must be finish in 3 months when car get VIN number, but now when every week i get information, when car will be finish and date move "+ 1 week". So my car must be finish till 15.5.2022 but this will not heppend.

I write really hard email and tell that i want informations not lies and deceiving. Then dealer forwarded this email to supplier in Slovenia and he told him sorry we don't have informations car must be finish till and of Avgust and this is still not confirmed so again 3 months delay they are stu... and i was realy angrey.

So i screamed to dealer that i want accurate date, when car will be finish and that this car is not anymore new, because is parked space on bad wahter more than 3 months on parking space and they must give to me aditional discount.

He also write another email to supplier and tell that customer want date and informations, because have problems and cost with old car. Now i wait to answer. I wrote another email directly to Škoda and I am also waiting for a response there.

So colleagues when you get VIN this means nothing, Škoda parked car on parking and they lets you wait and always 3 months delay and delay and delay. So if this is true waiting time is 17 months for Octavia.

So i think that we will not get our cars in 2022 i speak about Škoda octavia (limousines are problematic) 😞 😢

Can i ask if someone got Škoda from 1.3.2022 till today? If someone got car, write car informations.

• Sad 2
  • Crying 2

The worst part of all, at least for me, is that if you cancel the order you either a) get stuck with another long delivery or b) overpay a used car 🫤 I am not talking about Jerry's case but about all of us that are waiting for delivery with no definitive date

• Like 1

Thank you for such detailed info. You must be furious as you ordered in March 21 yet still nothing - or even worse, car is made and parked in the open. I also fear that the same scenario will happen to me as the next week will pass by and will receive nothing but pushbacks. I also heard the story from the dealer that Skoda makes the effort to finish the already built cars asap, but that’s just another story and speculation imo. They don’t know what else to say as Skoda also doesn’t provide much info… Please keep us posted if you receive some new answers (O bet Skoda’s will be just another generic one, if you receive it at all).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry_ said:

So i think that we will not get our cars in 2022 i speak about Škoda octavia (limousines are problematic) 😞 😢

Why do you think limousines (hatchbacks) are problematic? Maybe that is why my coworker got his (wagon) in 5 months and he ordered after me. Mine is a limousine. I ordered in July. 😞

Please post back what you find out. I am from Slovenia too. Tell us please also what you ordered exactly.

Edited by MaximusMeridius

10 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Why do you think limousines (hatchbacks) are problematic? Maybe that is why my coworker got his (wagon) in 5 months and he ordered after me. Mine is a limousine. I ordered in July. 😞

Please post back what you find out. I am from Slovenia too.

Your coworker just got lucky. Mine is also a wagon and been waiting for 9 months and counting.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Please post back what you find out. I am from Slovenia too. Tell us please also what you ordered exactly.

My car dealer told me that in last 6 months they didn't get any limousine, but they get 2 combi (caravan) škoda octavia sportline (so something is going on with limousines). -> maybe someone has some more detailed information about this?
I live 500 m from car dealer and see cars parked there every day check what is new.

He also guessing that maybe Škoda finish priority car on production line and this means more delay for parking cars, because if they moving this car into line again or someone must finish it this means time and cost, because they meybe must stop production lines. -> but this is guessing. 

If you coworker got car in 5 months, then he was lucky or get car from stock or someone cancel order, but very lucky.

I order Škoda Octavia RS 2.0 TSI DSG red color (Parking assistant 2.0, traveler assist, air conditioning 3 zone, DCC, comfort package 1 with camera rear).

@Ajdolin your are right, but if people don't have production date or VIN then is nonsense to wait for car, unless a miracle happens (i'm talking about the octavia because other cars, as far as i can see, Škoda deliver them Kamiq, Kodiaq, Fabia... there are parked by dealer place).
If my car didn’t have a VIN, I would definitely cancel the order and buy something in stock, I know I would pay more, but it’s worth, at least I would have a car 😁

So no one has gotten a Skoda Octavia in the period 1.3.2022 till today?  

50 minutes ago, Jerry_ said:

I order Škoda Octavia RS 2.0 TSI DSG red color (Parking assistant 2.0, traveler assist, air conditioning 3 zone, DCC, comfort package 1 with camera rear).

Skoda has most problems with matrix lights, Park assist, rear cam and comfort package 1. That is why you can't order these anymore, except matrix lights, that are in the RS package. I do feel your pain. The only one I do have of these is rear cam and I think it is making me wait. I don't think the problem is limousine, but certain packages and normally the price of the car. They still make a profit while selling less cars, because new orders are more expensive.

Otherwise many people here got Octavias and just didn't report back. :)

Edited by MaximusMeridius

I ordered my new Shoda Octavia in September 2021, at that time delivery times were ~8 months, so expected to get the car ~April/May. However, dealer informed me that due to fire in Mladá Boleslav factory, car delivery will be delayed. They say that fire specifcally affected Octavias. Quoteing the dealer - "I can deliver Superb to you in few months, but with Octavias we have big problems". Does anyone know if Mladá Boleslav factory production is restored or it is still on halt due to fire?

At that time (September 2021) there were already chip supply problems, so delivery times were contantly changing. In my order contract they did not put any delivery dates, just and obligation to bring the car as soon as possible,  so I cannot cancel the contract without loosing the initial payment. Current week of production is week40 (October), but that is also not guaranteed.

I am from Lithuania.

Info about the fire: https://english.radio.cz/fire-mlada-boleslav-will-delay-production-16000-skoda-octavia-models-8740909

1 hour ago, taspac said:

Does anyone know if Mladá Boleslav factory production is restored or it is still on halt due to fire?

It is restored, but not to 100%. I read this on the Czech forum, where there is one guy who works at Skoda. I use the browser translate feature, cause I don't speak czech. :D

https://forum.skodahome.cz/topic/157274-dlzka-dodania-novej-octavie/page/20/#comments

2 hours ago, taspac said:

Quoteing the dealer - "I can deliver Superb to you in few months, but with Octavias we have big problems". 

I believe that we are ordering from the same dealer. However, I have Superb on order from middle of December 2021. I still have no info about the production date and very small chance that it will arrive this year according to the dealer, so I am shocked if they tell someone that they may deliver Superb in a few months...