Delivery times?

I've now heard from the dealer that the car is prioritized at the factory and will be built in December. Expected delivery somewhere in January. That would make it 16 months since order date and 12 months of delay compared to initial estimate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Groan 2

Contacted my dealer yesterday. No info what so ever. Ordered in december. Sedan eTec 1.5 and a lot of extras. Seems like I will drive this coming winter still with Superb.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jooles said:

Just heard from my garage that my car has been built and hopefully to get the keys in about 6 weeks time. Order placed in April 2022 so feeling very lucky.

I’m guessing it’s not the plug in hybrid you have ordered? 

2 hours ago, MikeM89 said:

I’m guessing it’s not the plug in hybrid you have ordered? 

Spoiler

2.0 tdi vrs hatchback with very few extras, maybe that made the difference 

Hi all, Ive been lurking on here for a few weeks now but I finally have details of my company car order I placed a few weeks ago. I was told yesterday that its currently due Q4 2023. I had been into a couple of dealers to gauge lead times, one said 52 weeks another said 40. The order is a VRS iv hatch in silver. Its completely standard. Iam in the UK. Could someone add my details to the spreadsheet please? I can open it but not add to it. Cheers.

2 hours ago, undercoversaint said:

Hi all, Ive been lurking on here for a few weeks now but I finally have details of my company car order I placed a few weeks ago. I was told yesterday that it’s currently due Q4 2023. I had been into a couple of dealers to gauge lead times, one said 52 weeks another said 40. The order is a VRS iv hatch in silver. It’s completely standard. Iam in the UK. Could someone add my details to the spreadsheet please? I can open it but not add to it. Cheers.

I wouldn’t go with what the dealership says. I was originally told 26 weeks yet I’m now being told 18 months. Ordered January 2022 and being told June 2023 at the earliest for delivery. If I were you I would set my expectations for 2024 and if you get it earlier then that’s a bonus. 

1 minute ago, MikeM89 said:

I wouldn’t go with what the dealership says. I was originally told 26 weeks yet I’m now being told 18 months. Ordered January 2022 and being told June 2023 at the earliest for delivery. If I were you I would set my expectations for 2024 and if you get it earlier then that’s a bonus. 

Yeah I realised the dealers couldnt be relied on when I got the 52/40 weeks estimates in the space of a week. My current company car is up in March so it will be the first time Ive had to get a company car MOT'd! After watching this thread for a while I know it could be anytime, I might get lucky and it lands in 12 months but probably not. The next model might be out by the time I get mine 😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, undercoversaint said:

Hi all, Ive been lurking on here for a few weeks now but I finally have details of my company car order I placed a few weeks ago. I was told yesterday that its currently due Q4 2023. I had been into a couple of dealers to gauge lead times, one said 52 weeks another said 40. The order is a VRS iv hatch in silver. Its completely standard. Iam in the UK. Could someone add my details to the spreadsheet please? I can open it but not add to it. Cheers.

You were quite lucky, as iV models were withdrawn on 23rd October.

It appears that lead time of those ordered a year ago, is nearer 18 months, but they might catch up a bit and so end of 2023 sounds fair.

However by then other Octavia might be a facelift version.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, undercoversaint said:

I ordered April this year and was told the same as you: 44-52 weeks for the SEL IV. In theory, I’m half way there now.

I went into the dealers about a month ago and he said at the time the situation in general was improving but based on what people are saying on here and the recent withdrawal of the IV from the website, I have my doubts!

12 minutes ago, PoloGaz said:

I ordered April this year and was told the same as you: 44-52 weeks for the SEL IV. In theory, I’m half way there now.

I went into the dealers about a month ago and he said at the time the situation in general was improving but based on what people are saying on here and the recent withdrawal of the IV from the website, I have my doubts!

I hope the dealership is right but with the recent withdrawal of the IV versions and the extremely long lead times it isn’t looking promising. 

So took delivery last week! It’s been great to drive and we are pretty happy with it. Have a question though - we went for the heated windscreen option but I’m not sure we actually have it installed? I can’t see any filaments in the glass and when it’s supposedly turned on it still takes ages to de mist the window. Anyone with this option shed any light?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stillwaitingforoctavia said:

So took delivery last week! It’s been great to drive and we are pretty happy with it. Have a question though - we went for the heated windscreen option but I’m not sure we actually have it installed? I can’t see any filaments in the glass and when it’s supposedly turned on it still takes ages to de mist the window. Anyone with this option shed any light?

Can’t help with your question but wondering what you ordered and how long it took? 

8 hours ago, Stillwaitingforoctavia said:

I wondered about the same thing. It's a film /membrane kind of a thing and it is just not very powerful.  

3 hours ago, Stillwaitingforoctavia said:

That’s disappointing, the main reason we went for the winter pack was for the screen heat

I think this kind of heating is more useful when you're e.g. caught in a snowstorm and it's that temperature when snow would melt on a windshield and quickly turn to ice, making your wipers less useful. It happens quite occasionally here, but may become quite annoying. 

For initial defeezing or demisting it's better to take the internal heater.

On 05/11/2022 at 20:30, Stillwaitingforoctavia said:

That’s disappointing, the main reason we went for the winter pack was for the screen heat

I live in Finland and I have the same kind of heated screen on my 2017 Superb. It works well enough here and we get -20C or even -30C some times. If I start my car and the wind screen is really frozen, it takes about 1-2 minutes to melt it. And of course I have a Webasto heater and use it when it's under zero so no need to use screen heater. It's best application here is when it around freezing and it rains colder water which freezes as soon as it contacts the screen. Then the screen heater is a life savior. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alex70 said:

I live in Finland and I have the same kind of heated screen on my 2017 Superb. It works well enough here and we get -20C or even -30C some times. If I start my car and the wind screen is really frozen, it takes about 1-2 minutes to melt it. And of course I have a Webasto heater and use it when it's under zero so no need to use screen heater. It's best application here is when it around freezing and it rains colder water which freezes as soon as it contacts the screen. Then the screen heater is a life savior. 

I had similar on my 2016 Octavia and it was fine. But on my 2021 Octavia it is not so. It takes up to 5 minutes to soften the ice on a frozen windscreen and even then it needs to be scraped off. 

9 hours ago, Tadejm said:

Last week my car finally got VIN number after 13 months of waiting. Today i got informed that all Octavias were stopped in production and they dont know what is wrong or missing.

Do you know what build week you had allocated ? Mine was week 42 and it has been delayed “in build” according to the dealer. They have said they don’t know the Vin number. 

56 minutes ago, Giantstu said:

Do you know what build week you had allocated ? Mine was week 42 and it has been delayed “in build” according to the dealer. They have said they don’t know the Vin number. 

Mine was built in week 42, have a VIN since then, but the status is “waiting for missing parts”. The dealership doesn’t get more precise info about the exact situation, so it can be a however long additional wait time 🤨

Something is really going on (again)…

• Sad 3