Delivery times?

16 hours ago, Sque4ler said:

Is there anybody here with an unfinished car, waiting for parts?

I have been waiting for completion 2,5 months now, and madly hoped for good news during the holidays, but nothing yet.

I got the VIN since the built week but Skoda Connect doesn’t recognize it, even though I try it every day since. Now I started to lost all the hope. If the end of year / end of 4th quarter results were not enough important for Skoda to complete a car which is waiting for missing parts since mid October then I don’t think it’s going to be ready shortly.

Overall I’m on my 20th month now since the original order (April 2021). My car is one of the oldest now in the spreadsheet.

Probably I’m cursed because of the specs: 1,5 eTSI mild hybrid with DSG + dynamic sport package + business package with all of the driving assists

I've also order a 1.5 etsi octavia sedan with dcc, and some other options as company car in february 2021 and still no news. the dealership seems to say that it will come in april. the the leasing company say august.

• Groan 1

1 hour ago, warkjo said:

I've also order a 1.5 etsi octavia sedan with dcc, and some other options as company car in february 2021 and still no news. the dealership seems to say that it will come in april. the the leasing company say august.

It does look as though a lot of the reasons are to do with parts availability on certain drive trains and options, looking at this thread most seem to be the Hybrid variants........

Called dealer today, he said that this week factory is on vacation, do you have any information is this even true? He said there are no delivery date yet. Maybe it worth contact some higher Škoda officials and require information? Because it's some kind of nonsense, the car was ordered in august of 2021. 

11 hours ago, Semiconductor34 said:

Called dealer today, he said that this week factory is on vacation, do you have any information is this even true? He said there are no delivery date yet. Maybe it worth contact some higher Škoda officials and require information? Because it's some kind of nonsense, the car was ordered in august of 2021. 

Can someone confirm that vacation. A week ago my dealer said the car will be here in first half of january. Now system says last week of january 😅. They really dont care at Škoda.

On 27/12/2022 at 07:18, SurreyJohn said:

The latest delivery estimates for Octavia suggest new Orders will be February 2024 (14 months)

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

English : Probably from February 2024

The following components are affected by the delivery bottlenecks due to the semiconductor issue: PKB 360° Surrounding Camera Area View 9VS CANTON Sound System.

Just checked this week with my dealer, one of my options was rear view camera, indeed that option was pulled, luckily my order went through and was confirmed 4 days prior to that happening. So confirmed my car coming through with that option.

• Like 1

Hi all - Not sure it helps anyone but just for the record I ordered a vRS in October 2021 and it is now at the dealer.  They said 6 months when I ordered :)  Understand all the reasons/excuses.  Comedy end to it. After waiting so long, I checked the reg after I signed and it was already registered to a Merc.  Told them and then went in to re-sign all paperwork for a new reg to hopefully pick the damn thing up shortly.  My wife likes Mercedes, but does she really dislike a Skoda that much ? 😁 

9 hours ago, irlrobins said:

I noticed that APR on a PCP has shot up to 7.9%, I hope that's not going apply to my order, that's a steep increase from 2.9/3.9%

Have a look at the copy finance docs you signed

There will be a quote valid to date somewhere, obviously if you get the car before that date then it is held at what you were quoted.

If the quote expires (lapses) then will need to do a new one, which will presumably be at whatever rate is being charged at the time (currently 7.9%).

But of course it your order is conditional on finance, and associated finance has lapsed, then you have a penalty free cancellation option.

Has anyone tried to get in touch with main Škoda office and not local dealer? Because there are email adress (*****@*****.tld) on Škoda international webpage. Did they provide any additional information? Because i'm already waiting for 16 months and i don't have any information. Škoda is really worst brand, terrible consumer experience, i will never ever buy this piece of 💩 again. Really frustraiting.

Edited by Semiconductor34

1 hour ago, Semiconductor34 said:

Has anyone tried to get in touch with main Škoda office and not local dealer? Because there are email adress (*****@*****.tld) on Škoda international webpage. Did they provide any additional information? Because i'm already waiting for 16 months and i don't have any information. Škoda is really worst brand, terrible consumer experience, i will never ever buy this piece of 💩 again. Really frustraiting.

The factory is on holiday this week so you may not get anything quickly. Anyway, there is a new importer for all 3 Baltic states, you may try inquiring them. I do not think that you will get anything other than apologies

29 minutes ago, Codename47 said:

The factory is on holiday this week so you may not get anything quickly. Anyway, there is a new importer for all 3 Baltic states, you may try inquiring them. I do not think that you will get anything other than apologies

Yeah, i wonder if importer change have any impact on the delivery date, because the only thing that has changed is pricelist. Earlier there was different packs of equipment (active,ambition, style) and now there are only Elegance and VRS, and surely prices went up. 

4 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

Have a look at the copy finance docs you signed

There will be a quote valid to date somewhere, obviously if you get the car before that date then it is held at what you were quoted.

If the quote expires (lapses) then will need to do a new one, which will presumably be at whatever rate is being charged at the time (currently 7.9%).

But of course it your order is conditional on finance, and associated finance has lapsed, then you have a penalty free cancellation option.

Can't recall signing anything tbh! But dealer has confirmed they will be going with the original/lower APR for me. Would be a bit of a shock going from 0% on my last two Octavia's to 7.9%! 

Had an email in inbox from dealer.  I thought. YES here we go some news, finally!!!!

But no, nothing of any such sort, instead a Happy New Year (bit late) and a thank you for me steering a colleague to them who is interested in the Enyaq iV as next Co Car.

Talk about being deflated.  Not even a mention of my Octavia iV order from Jan 2022, not even a "still no news, sorry" one liner or a sorry we hadn't replied to your request for an update in December as yet - nothing!

Utter bull.. 🤬

23 minutes ago, irlrobins said:

Can't recall signing anything tbh! But dealer has confirmed they will be going with the original/lower APR for me. Would be a bit of a shock going from 0% on my last two Octavia's to 7.9%! 

That’s good

What deposit contribution do you get (currently £1000)

Just looked through current offers, and the Fabia offer is now restricted to drivers age 25-75, appears to be 18 upwards for Octavia, mystery to me as to why.

41 minutes ago, BRSEngineer said:

SEL PHEV ordered Feb 22. Latest dealer update. - No blooming change. Accepted by factory but no bild date. Happy New Year!

Seems to be these hybrid things, personally I wouldn't touch them. My wife has a Cupra Formentor hybrid, same unit, she has had it for a year plugged in twice, or maybe three times, once at Tesco. One hour shopping got 9 miles on EV, got us home, that was it. When she first got it, Jan 22 I fully charged it  took 6 hours on a Sunday. Monday was a freezing day, took daughter to school, had 29 miles on EV charge, school is less than 3 miles away, managed to fleece more than 10 miles of EV charge, since then only charged once more. At todays elastictrickey charges I'm not plugging that thing in anymore, did so a couple of weeks ago, 15 mins and smart meter racked up £2.50, sorry these PHEV Hybrids are not for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Superted said:

Seems to be these hybrid things, personally I wouldn't touch them. My wife has a Cupra Formentor hybrid, same unit, she has had it for a year plugged in twice, or maybe three times, once at Tesco. One hour shopping got 9 miles on EV, got us home, that was it. When she first got it, Jan 22 I fully charged it  took 6 hours on a Sunday. Monday was a freezing day, took daughter to school, had 29 miles on EV charge, school is less than 3 miles away, managed to fleece more than 10 miles of EV charge, since then only charged once more. At todays elastictrickey charges I'm not plugging that thing in anymore, did so a couple of weeks ago, 15 mins and smart meter racked up £2.50, sorry these PHEV Hybrids are not for me.

7 minutes ago, Von_Awesome said:

Strange, i wonder why a plug in hybrid electric vehicle doesn't work for you without access to viable charging infrastructure...  😉

Reading @Superted post it seems the actual electric range is much less than suggested which makes the electric cost per mile, given the current high charging cost per kWh, expensive. Plus the extra weight of a PHEV hybrid because of the batteries etc. makes the mpg on petrol worse - so the economics don't add up.

Edited by PetrolDave

18 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Reading @Superted post it seems the actual electric range is much less than suggested which makes the electric cost per mile, given the current high charging cost per kWh, expensive. Plus the extra weight of a PHEV hybrid because of the batteries etc. makes the mpg on petrol worse - so the economics don't add up.

So here's the thing, firstly there is no charging infrastructure in the UK, it's in it's infancy and in my lifetime will not exponentially increase, secondly, range anxiety, full EV, unless you own a Tesla or Polestar, is not going to provide as much as a modern petrol or diesel. Thirdly, mild Hybrid are just useless, 30 miles on full EV if you are lucky, that is by switching everything off, radio, climate or any heating elements, heated seats for example. I know this for a fact, as I have already said, we have a Cupra Formentor in the family which is the same platform as the Vrs iV and that will average 28 - 30 miles after 6 - 8 hours charging. Yes you can rapid charge but you have to invest in the wall mount home charger which is several hundred pounds. I notice a lot of potential Vrs iV owners are will be using for company car, how many employers are going to put a home EV charger down to expenses?

• Confused 1

I understand a PHEV is not for everyone, i wouldn't have ordered one if it wasn't a company car myself. My employer provides enough chargers for all PHEV company cars to charge at work everyday. It is cheaper in tax than my 1.6 TDI Golf and was heavily discounted by Skoda. There is no way i would have gone for a vRS otherwise. In that scenario a PHEV makes perfect sense. 

If i knew about the delivery times when ordering, i probably wouldn't have ordered an Octavia at all.

The range clearly is an issue, but to be real: My 1.6 TDI is supposed to do nearly 70 MPG. I am pretty happy getting something better than 55 MPG, but my average is closer to 50MPG. Being "creative" about fuel consumption/range is not exactly new. 

Edited by Von_Awesome
  • Like 1

@Superted there is no Rapid charging of a PHEV,. 7 kW is called Fast charging,. Not fast and neither is getting 3.6kWh.  as to infrastructure the UK is a big place.    Lots of 7kW chargers around, where the issue is 50, 100 and 100+ kW chargers.    Many employers are putting in home chargers,. Many hybrid and EV drivers are self employed and employers and putting in chargers.  Many PHEV,s and EV being charged and used in the UK are owned by Motability and Motability is providing chargers and working towards better public charging to suit disabled drivers.  ? How long are you expecting to live?  Pass 2030 even beyond 2035?  Ps, Polestar and Tesla are nothing special for range or efficiency.  Kia, Hyundai, MG, Renault are what many aspire to who drive an EV with a crap range like I have. 

Edited by toot