Delivery times?

Picked the car up and all good. I have noticed there is no engine cover. Dealer has said that a recall dated  22 March 2022 all engine covers had to be removed on vrs. Am i right in thinking that there now  a revised cover that can/should be fitted? Seems crazy to have an open exposed engine? If so is there anything i can point the dealer too?  Many thanks

On 23/06/2023 at 17:15, tdaniel said:

Hi Guys,

I got my VRS hatch petrol 1 month ago, and I would like to summarize my experience. The car is fantastic, well worth the long wait. It's fun to drive, much more quiet than the previous Octavia, and the materials are better.

BUT

There was small scratches on the back spoiler, the rubber around the window was not properly in place and the plastic engine coverage is missing. The dealer said that they will replaced later. It's a company car, but it's still annoying, that you pay a huge amount of money for a new car, and you are facing with these things.

And today I wanted to cool my water in the glove compartment, but there is no cooling, just a hole. I attach a picture. I didn't find anything in the manual about it, but as I know there should be cooling in that compartment. Am I wrong? I would appreciate it, if someone could check it for me. Thank you in advance!

image.thumb.png.5c705be3bed660470f6bb901ede1df2b.png

I have the same problem. Just a hole !

I wait a solution from my dealer....

The dealer is correct but not just the VRS and also others in VAG group.

I just had another reminder letter from Skoda, as mine is firmly in place and not loose so it's staying until a new revised cover is available.

To best of my knowledge there isn't a cover available yet.

What did your dealer say about this.

Edited by GrumpyOldGit
grammar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrumpyOldGit said:

The dealer is correct but not just the VRS and also others in VAG group.

I just had another reminder letter from Skoda, as mine is firmly in place and not loose so it's staying until a new revised cover is available.

To best of my knowledge there isn't a cover available yet.

What did your dealer say about this.

Thanks for your very helpful reply.  Much appreciated. He did say the issue affected certain models, but not all.  The dealer is not aware of replacement covers yet being rolled out in UK. No criticism aimed at the dealer (Marshalls in Barnstaple)  who i have had a very good buying experience from. 

On 25/06/2023 at 07:23, SkOmk4 said:

No, you're not wrong. There should be a circular knob covering that hole from your picture - rotating it would open or close the cold air flow inside the glove-compartment.
My car has it - built end of August 2022.

You should definitely go talk to your dealer. By the looks of it, your picture shows the pipe bringing the cool air is also missing...

image.webp

Do you havre the part numbers of theses pieces and is it easy to add it ?

The picture I found online was for Golf mk7 and 7.5 - I couldn't find any for Octavia mk4.
Maybe links below (golf mk7) might help you further.

It should be pretty easy to install - the Octavia glove-box is quite easy to remove. The question is if the ventilator housing inside the dashboard already has the hole pre-drilled, such that you connect the hose directly.

https://www.amazon.nl/-/en/Dashboard-Glove-Outlet-Cooling-5E0816355/dp/B09HHJ1SQL?th=1

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005001944187275.html

The second link has the OEM codes for each piece - but that's still for Golf mk7 😔

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got a phone call from my dealer yesterday that I have a build date, something about build week 40? And I'm on 28 currently? So does this mean I should get it around October? 

22 minutes ago, richard12345 said:

Which model did you order? I'm guessing it wasn't an iV ??

Yes it was mate, exactly the same as you, we had this conversation a few weeks back😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dillers said:

Yes it was mate, exactly the same as you, we had this conversation a few weeks back😂

Mine is a Vrs iV too but taking almost 2 years, got a few extras on it. 

1 minute ago, Leaine said:

Mine is a Vrs iV too but taking almost 2 years, got a few extras on it. 

Madness isn’t it, my friends can’t believe I’ve waited almost two years for a Skoda!

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Leaine said:

Well I got a phone call from my dealer yesterday that I have a build date, something about build week 40? And I'm on 28 currently? So does this mean I should get it around October? 

Week 40 is 2-8 October

I would allow 1-2 weeks at dock, week for ship, week to dealers, week for PDI and preparation.   Roughly 5 weeks after build
So realistically with you mid November.   But might vary by week or two either way.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had an update on my order (placed early April). My original estimate was ~December, but I've just been told it's now built and should be leaving the factory shortly. Happy with that. It's a TDI 4x4 Hatch in Hyper Green with Winterpack, Wireless Charger, Traffic Assist + Spare Wheel.

• Like 1

On 25/06/2023 at 07:23, SkOmk4 said:

No, you're not wrong. There should be a circular knob covering that hole from your picture - rotating it would open or close the cold air flow inside the glove-compartment.
My car has it - built end of August 2022.

You should definitely go talk to your dealer. By the looks of it, your picture shows the pipe bringing the cool air is also missing...

image.webp

Hello,

Do you have the parts numbers of those accessories ?

I've had an order for an IV estate since October 2021.  I pulled out of the lease deal this week as I just don't have any faith that the car is coming, or that when it arrives it will be reliable.

I'm going to replace my current Tesla Model 3 with a newer model of the same.

Fingers crossed I've helped someone on here get their car a little sooner.  

Best of luck everyone

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Alan_Fleet said:

I've had an order for an IV estate since October 2021.  I pulled out of the lease deal this week as I just don't have any faith that the car is coming, or that when it arrives it will be reliable.

I'm going to replace my current Tesla Model 3 with a newer model of the same.

Fingers crossed I've helped someone on here get their car a little sooner.  

Best of luck everyone

I can understand your frustration in the waiting time and hope you enjoy your new car. I collected my new vrs a few weeks ago and so far it has been faultless so fingers crossed it continues that way

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, richard12345 said:

Looks good :) 

Fingers crossed mine is getting built......

I hope so mate, it does seem like things are starting to move now so fingers crossed for you. 

The dealer cocked up again, they’d not booked the delivery slot despite telling me it was coming today. I had to phone them four times today to find out what was going on. The guy who delivered it told me he was on his way home when they called him and begged him to turn round, collect my car and deliver. Skoda, absolutely bloody useless from start to finish.