How to: Retrofit Virtual Cockpit

Tin82

Great thread @Tin82

The steering wheel buttons I got supplied with do not have the connectors for the DSG paddles. Part number 3VD 919 719 B 

The footprint for the connector and associated circuitry is on the button pcb just unpopulated

16157534209680.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

3 hours ago, Camarao69 said:

Hello, Great post, 

If you want everything to work correctly for exemple ambiente color in virtual cockpit  in 2016  cars  you need newer BCM and gateway.

Thanks! Do you happen to know the part numbers? 

• 4 months later...

Hello all!

I gona to retrofit my skoda superb my 2017(10/2017) with mib 2.5(dp3) and acc+lane assist with the AID 

I contact the retrofit company by fb its now 80e to 2 key programed 

I need to know the Components protection should be disabled before changing the cluster by aid? 

Thank you 

When I had my VC fitted, they did component protection, odometer (new cluster), immobiliser and the key pairing using ODIS (remotely using a VAS5054a).

Might be worth checking if the company are using ODIS and will do all the above...?

4 hours ago, langers2k said:

When I had my VC fitted, they did component protection, odometer (new cluster), immobiliser and the key pairing using ODIS (remotely using a VAS5054a).

Might be worth checking if the company are using ODIS and will do all the above...?

It can only be done with odis and a valid geko security account.

this is needed for key coding and component protection 

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone 

I just swap my cluster by a VC, the hardest part of disassembly was to now how to remove trim and cluster, otherwise the rest was very easy to do, 

But sadly after processing by remote coding by VAG retrofit, I had sunroof open need to obtain a better 4g signal to share with my Pc but once the vc cockpit in place COMPONENTS PROTECTION DISABLED 

Key programed 

Some stuff arranged 

My roof doest react at all I had to manually close the roof by disassembly the ceiling light end use Allen key n4... 

My vcds doesn't seem to work with CA module I try to self reset by holding press on closure function it had work but just partially it can tilt normally, sliding just a little bit, I also loose comfort function but I guess it's due to missing calibration 

Anyone can help me? A way to follow 

Thanks all 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/09/2021 at 10:22, Gagaetan10 said:

Hey everyone 

I just swap my cluster by a VC, the hardest part of disassembly was to now how to remove trim and cluster, otherwise the rest was very easy to do, 

But sadly after processing by remote coding by VAG retrofit, I had sunroof open need to obtain a better 4g signal to share with my Pc but once the vc cockpit in place COMPONENTS PROTECTION DISABLED 

Key programed 

Some stuff arranged 

My roof doest react at all I had to manually close the roof by disassembly the ceiling light end use Allen key n4... 

My vcds doesn't seem to work with CA module I try to self reset by holding press on closure function it had work but just partially it can tilt normally, sliding just a little bit, I also loose comfort function but I guess it's due to missing calibration 

Anyone can help me? A way to follow 

Thanks all 

Hi !

Did you find a fix for the sunroof?

I’m facing the same problem. 
The sunroof has stopped responding and keys have also lost its convenience functions.

Thanks in Advance.
Please do reply.  

Mine is working now. 
Put your car in ignition. Try pressing the sunroof button down (Not front or back) for 10 seconds. Like what you when the sunroof is on tilt and you have to close it. 
It’ll recalibrate and start working as normal. Atleast mine did when I followed the above steps. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone, so I m come back, I'havent yet successfully set my sunroof/sunblind even with Odis when I start a guided function to make a parametrization it end by a fail not normed... 

I don't know what to do 

Other thing on my 5f infotainment I couldn't obtain the personalization menu for the virtual cockpit 

And a last thing the picture show on VC isn't a Combi version it instead a Berline look 

Thanks everybody for your help 

20211118_175210.jpg

3 hours ago, Gagaetan10 said:

Hello everyone, so I m come back, I'havent yet successfully set my sunroof/sunblind even with Odis when I start a guided function to make a parametrization it end by a fail not normed... 

I don't know what to do 

Other thing on my 5f infotainment I couldn't obtain the personalization menu for the virtual cockpit 

And a last thing the picture show on VC isn't a Combi version it instead a Berline look 

Thanks everybody for your help 

20211118_175210.jpg

Have you tried just running the sun roof and blind back and forth a few times.  Go to the test plan tab and it will already be there. 

changing the car displayed should match your original coding so should be the same, if it doesn’t it’s a coding issue.

What software and method did you use for the 5F menu?

7 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Have you tried just running the sun roof and blind back and forth a few times.  Go to the test plan tab and it will already be there. 

changing the car displayed should match your original coding so should be the same, if it doesn’t it’s a coding issue.

Hey, yes I tried many time to run the sun and blind back and forth, maintain the back buton 20second, the forward same, it goes back and forth a bit only 15cm and no more 

Maybe should I totally open it manually to reparametrize all? 🤔 

About 5f 

I use the méthode in first post who said I need to adapt some line on vcds adaptation menu but somes of them could be activate with 

Amazing work! Great job.

I would really be tempted. But a bit too tricky for me. I would fear something goes wrong or I couldn't code something correctly afterwards.

5 hours ago, Gagaetan10 said:

Hey, yes I tried many time to run the sun and blind back and forth, maintain the back buton 20second, the forward same, it goes back and forth a bit only 15cm and no more 

Maybe should I totally open it manually to reparametrize all? 🤔 

About 5f 

I use the méthode in first post who said I need to adapt some line on vcds adaptation menu but somes of them could be activate with 

I had same issue it would keep failing on vcds adaptations. Instead use odis-e for the 5F adaptations and it works perfectly.

On 20/11/2021 at 07:55, ApertureS said:

So you mean on the test plan I could move it manually controlled by odis? 

Because I tried many times to set with the closure button, for both 

And about odis-e means to have a geko account