How to: Retrofit Virtual Cockpit

Tin82

1 hour ago, langers2k said:

Compare the current adaptions to the backup you took before fitting the VC, that should give you some good clues what you've missed regarding tank levels. It might be worth posting a backup of your current adaption channels :)

As for maps, my Amundsen is running the same 0480 software but was 04xx from factory. I've no idea if the 03xx >> 04xx upgrade makes any difference. Anyway, I made the following changes to enable map display.

Coding:

Enable byte 19, bit 5 (enable MOST)
Disable byte 22, bit 0 (graphics via MOST rather than CAN)

Adaptions:

channel ENG122227-ENG142087-Car_Function_adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Display_Configuration        adapted from    not activated   to  activated 
channel ENG122227-ENG142089-Car_Function_adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Display_Configuration_over_threshold_high        adapted from    not activated   to  activated 
channel IDE11524-ENG137043-Vehicle function list BAP 2nd generation: expansion-display_configuration_0x45       adapted from    not activated   to  activated 
channel IDE11524-ENG137044-Vehicle function list BAP 2nd generation: expansion-display_configuration_0x45_msg_bus       adapted from    not activated   to  Databus Infotainment 
channel ENG122230-ENG142097-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-ability_switch_nav_maps adapted from    OFF     to  On 
channel ENG122230-ENG122343-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-call_picture    adapted from    OFF     to  On 
channel ENG122230-ENG122341-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-coverart    adapted from    OFF     to  On 
channel ENG122230-ENG122342-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-stationart  adapted from    OFF     to  On 
channel ENG122230-ENG122338-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_compression_mode adapted from    RLE     to  H264 
channel ENG122230-ENG122339-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_resolution   adapted from    resolution_1    to  resolution_3 
channel ENG122230-ENG127005-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_transmission_mode    adapted from    OFF     to  MOST_streaming 

@langers2k thank you. Unfortunately coder messed up and did not take the backup...

4 minutes ago, deepshegde said:

@langers2k thank you. Unfortunately coder messed up and did not take the backup...

Nice...

The best option would be to reconnect your old cluster or power it up on a test bench to get the coding/adaptions.

Otherwise, you can compare against some other Superb clusters coding and adaptions maps:

- 2018 1.4 TSi: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/14800/

- 2018 2.0 TDi: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/13792/

Hopefully one is close enough to fix your issues - just make sure you note everything that you change ;)

On 18/09/2023 at 01:19, ApertureS said:

What is the part number of your 5F unit?

Have you tried enabling MOST in coding first?

Tried a different diagnostic tool? I had this issue with a different adaptation but odis worked, vcds did not.

tried changing odis-e to developer mode or entering a security code?

tried doing them one at a time and not all at once, or in a different order, or all at once? (This can make a big difference)

Ok, finally i was able to get required coding/adaptation to display maps on VC. Its working but i am unable to get setting for VC on MIB- Car selection still...Am i missing anything?

21 hours ago, langers2k said:

Pretty sure the first four adaption channels I mentioned should get the VC options to display on the headunit. At least it did for me :)

Ok figured out that following adaptations are not available in my MIB unit and that may be the only reason why i am unable to see option to setup VC under vehicle-selection. It could be because i upgraded from 3x to 4x but not entirely sure:

channel IDE11524-ENG137043-Vehicle function list BAP 2nd generation: expansion-display_configuration_0x45       adapted from    not activated   to  activated 
channel IDE11524-ENG137044-Vehicle function list BAP 2nd generation: expansion-display_configuration_0x45_msg_bus       adapted from    not activated   to  Databus Infotainment 

On 19/09/2023 at 16:36, langers2k said:

Nice...

The best option would be to reconnect your old cluster or power it up on a test bench to get the coding/adaptions.

Otherwise, you can compare against some other Superb clusters coding and adaptions maps:

- 2018 1.4 TSi: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/14800/

- 2018 2.0 TDi: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/13792/

Hopefully one is close enough to fix your issues - just make sure you note everything that you change ;)

Good news...I was able to fix this DTC by enabling some adaptations like electric steering wheel etc for some reason some adaptations were not activated by default. Now only thing remaining is to get my fuel gauge recalibrated. I got a test plan under instrument cluster for doing just that. I am going to refuel to 100% and then calibrate it using ODIS to 100%. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help :) !

I completed by VC retrofit. Everything works pretty much except for virtual cockpit menu in selection - car so I am unable to configure VC from my MIB
display. I tried updating adaptations below and 2 of these do not show up in ODIS-E or S. I was able to activate other adaptations without any issues but these two are missing. Any one has any idea abt this issue?

Attaching picture of train version and part no.

channel IDE11524-ENG137043-Vehicle function list BAP 2nd generation: expansion-display_configuration_0x45       
channel IDE11524-ENG137044-Vehicle function list BAP 2nd generation: expansion-display_configuration_0x45_msg_bus     

MST2-SK-ZR-480T.jpeg

• 3 months later...

@ApertureS, @langers2k - I'm considering my options about doing a VC upgrade on Gandalf (MY17 Superb 220).

I currently have a MIB2 Columbus unit, with Canton.

However a couple of questions before I contemplate going down this path, hence seeking your advice/thoughts.

1. I recently changed my steering wheel to a flat-bottomed version, 309458999AQF-AA (DSG, non-heated).

It doesn't have the VIEW button. 

Instead of replacing the whole steering wheel to one with, can I replace just the buttons, to the version with the button - specifically 3V0 919 719 F?

2. My current Gateway is:- 

3Q0907530AA / 5366 (Software); 

3Q0907530C / 515 (Hardware)

It was recently upgraded (flashed) when I had the DCC mod done.

This meet requirements?

3. My current 5F Infotainment is:-

3V0035045D / 1433 (Software);

3V0035045 / H50 (Hardware)

This meet requirements?

4. My current 09 Central Electrics is:- 

5Q0937084CG / 0236 (Software);
5Q0937084CG / H34 (Hardware)

This meet requirements?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JR RS said:

@ApertureS, @langers2k - I'm considering my options about doing a VC upgrade on Gandalf (MY17 Superb 220).

I currently have a MIB2 Columbus unit, with Canton.

However a couple of questions before I contemplate going down this path, hence seeking your advice/thoughts.

1. I recently changed my steering wheel to a flat-bottomed version, 309458999AQF-AA (DSG, non-heated).

It doesn't have the VIEW button. 

Instead of replacing the whole steering wheel to one with, can I replace just the buttons, to the version with the button - specifically 3V0 919 719 F?

2. My current Gateway is:- 

3Q0907530AA / 5366 (Software); 

3Q0907530C / 515 (Hardware)

It was recently upgraded (flashed) when I had the DCC mod done.

This meet requirements?

3. My current 5F Infotainment is:-

3V0035045D / 1433 (Software);

3V0035045 / H50 (Hardware)

This meet requirements?

4. My current 09 Central Electrics is:- 

5Q0937084CG / 0236 (Software);
5Q0937084CG / H34 (Hardware)

This meet requirements?

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes you can just replace the steering controls, no coding or anything needed.

2. My gateway is as follows, I believe a 3Q0 gateway is the only requirement, not the older 5Q0

Software version 5304
Hardware version 518
VW/Audi part number 3Q0907530G
Hardware part number 3Q0907530C

3. I believe your MIB2 is compatible but the only difference is, you cant have maps on both VC and 5F at the same time, you need to enable a adaptation to turn on a 'swap screen' button.

4. Dont think this comes into it at all, but mine is as follows;

Software version 0253
Hardware version H36
VW/Audi part number 5Q0937084CQ
Hardware part number 5Q0937084CG
  • Thanks 1

That's good news, and thanks for ur prompt response @ApertureS

If I do go ahead with the VC upgrade, I will also swap out the MIB2 unit for a MIB2.5 unit.

That being the case, I believe a MOST Cable and Splitter will b required too.

Now I just need to figure out the correct part numbers for the 9.2" screen, the MIB2.5 unit, the VC + surround trim, MOST Cable and Splitter.

50 minutes ago, JR RS said:

If I do go ahead with the VC upgrade, I will also swap out the MIB2 unit for a MIB2.5 unit.

Now I just need to figure out the correct part numbers for the 9.2" screen, the MIB2.5 unit, the VC + surround trim, MOST Cable and Splitter.

The splitter is only required if your car already has MOST in use for canton or tv tuner.

• Thanks 1

On 21/01/2024 at 12:44, JR RS said:

I think you don’t need to buy MIB2.5, you can buy only screen and convert your MIB2. In case you have a MIB High

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - quick question. I have a factory fitted VC in my 2019 Octavia 3 FL. I had the engine remapped recently (stage one). When I go into „sport” mode od my VC I get the usual „kW” gauge in bottom left showing current engine output. However it maxes out at stock 110 kW (1.5 TSI ACT). Is it possible to code it through VCDS to max out at the correct stage one values? After the remap it’s (supposedly) doing ~135 kW according to the dyno measurements. I think it correctly shows the current output but simply maxes out at 110 kW - it gets there much quicker then prior to remap. Is there a setting I could change through VCDS to correct the maximum value it’s showing?

IMG_1038.png

43 minutes ago, ivosmo said:

Hello - quick question. I have a factory fitted VC in my 2019 Octavia 3 FL. I had the engine remapped recently (stage one). When I go into „sport” mode od my VC I get the usual „kW” gauge in bottom left showing current engine output. However it maxes out at stock 110 kW (1.5 TSI ACT). Is it possible to code it through VCDS to max out at the correct stage one values? After the remap it’s (supposedly) doing ~135 kW according to the dyno measurements. I think it correctly shows the current output but simply maxes out at 110 kW - it gets there much quicker then prior to remap. Is there a setting I could change through VCDS to correct the maximum value it’s showing?

IMG_1038.png

The kW output that is displayed is just a ‘computer generated’ value and isn’t a true representation of the actual engine power.

Modifying the top end of this would have no true effects on the engine at all.

and even with a higher maximum on the instrument cluster, the gauge would never meet it as it won’t have the engine believe it’s above the factory kW output.

Thank you for the reply. I understand that it’s just computer generated and not an actual measured value (AFAIK there isn’t even a „engine power” or whatever it would be called measuring block in VCDS so I guess there just isn’t any sensor that would measure that). And I understand this gauge has no influence on the engine performance etc. It’s just a gauge. However it has to somehow take into consideration the actual engine parameters (presumably torque and RPM) as it „climbs” to the stock maximum of 110 kW quicker than before remap (as it should because the remap boosted the engine’s performance). I made couple logs of engine torque and RPM and calculated the engine’s kW output from that. Calm driving with ~40-50 kW at the gauge produces the same values when I calculate them in a spreadsheet log file. But going „full gas” the gauge tops at 110 kW and of course spreadsheet calculations go above that. That leads me to believe that the gauge actually shows kW value calculated from „real” measured torque and RPM. But it’s simply limited at the top end. 

If it’s not possible then I can just live with that. But looking at this vid it should be possible - the gauge goes up to ~ 284 kW which corresponds with the modded value od 387 PS stated by the author.

But I might be completely wrong as I’m no expert at all 🙂

Pretty sure it's part of the ECU output...

Whoever did the tune should have updated the maximum output from the ECU at the same time. It's not a feature of the cluster to choose the power...

OK thanks. Seems the issue is more complex than I thought. I did some testing and the gauge shows correct values when in range of 0-110 kW but it simply clips at 110 kW and won't go above (i.e. values calculated from torque and RPM logs are the same as shown on the gauge during driving - so I thought ECU is feedig it the correct data but cluster is unable to show them properly). I thought it's the same as, for example, a tachometer with range of 0-100 kph. It would show correct values when driving in the city but would stop at 100 kph during a motorway drive with higher speeds. Or similar to a kitchen scale when someone tried to weigh their bodyweight on it. So I though it's a matter of changing the gauge's range in cluster coding. But if it's not possible or is in fact ECU dependant then I i just won't bother. Thanks for the replies :)

• 1 month later...

I'm owning Superb MY2016 with Columbus + HIGH2 (MIB2)

Have anyone succeed to retrofit 3VD920790A (3V0920790A) in MY 2016? Most of the Chinese shops are differentiating for a models up to 2019 to be sued part without A at the end , and afterwards to have one with A.

A local retrofit-er here mention that parts with A at the end are still using old security module and can be fitted in a model year before 2019. The difference according his words is extra menu with tachometer to A ending model.

Feeling a bit confused about which one is correct to obtain. non A models are significantly more expensive.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I had VC installed on my 2021 superb car. However, the maps, audio and phone menu do not appear in the vc menu. It was explained that a cable connection was required in order for these to be coded. Should I connect most cable or ethernet for 2021 superb? Can anyone share the most cable installation diagram? How can I take it from the unit to VC

IMG_9045.jpeg