Sasha’s Superb SportLine Plus Facelift

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

So, this hasn’t turned into an 80 page epic like the Octy thread for all sorts of reasons but after 8 months and 12k miles, the Superb has gone. It’s being picked up next week once the windscreen is swapped and then I’m allegedly off to the world of VW as all being well I’m due to collect a Golf GTE Advance. I’ll report back on how that goes once it’s here. Thanks for everything guys, this place truly is the best.

Saddened to read this - your Superb knowledge has helped many over the 8 months. Are you allowed to tell us what 'electrical gremlins' caused you to end your Superb affair....?

• Like 1

Hello Sasha.

I would go along with Berisford, with regard to your knowledge of the Superb, you certainly sorted out my one, it's made the car a much more enjoyable experience, from moving the seat on getting in and out (very useful for the knee problem), to the lane guidance, I have found this very useful and reassuring on some of the long journeys I have undertaken since your coded the vehicle for these driving aids.

I'm sorry to hear of your reasons for a change of vehicle. As the saying goes: "a change is as good as a rest", although I can't imagine your at rest for long. Enjoy your change and the GTE.

Kind regards.

Terry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

I’m getting divorced and I don’t need such a big car and I can now charge one so I thought I’d try the GTE.

Sorry to hear about your circumstances and hopefully things come good in the future. 👍

BTW, changing your car doesn't mean you have to leave Briskoda. 😜

• Like 1

Sad to read this. But hopefully for better mid/long terme futur! 

Enjoy your new GTE et feel free to come back on Briskoda from time to time ! ;) 

All the best for you! Good luck! 🤞 

• Like 1

I've had my GTE for nearly a year and still use Briskoda.  Valuable knowledge on here that is not just relevant to skoda

Sorry to hear about your life changes.  Hope it's all amenable.

Welcome to the world of plug-ins 🙂  It's fun and still plenty mods to be playing with.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have the Superb iV which shares many parts with the GTE. I am sure once you get use to it you will love it. I also hear that you can alter the way the ICE and electric interact to tell the electric to give full power when they are both running in place of the standard 50%

John

3 minutes ago, jjc said:

Hi,

I have the Superb iV which shares many parts with the GTE. I am sure once you get use to it you will love it. I also hear that you can alter the way the ICE and electric interact to tell the electric to give full power when they are both running in place of the standard 50%

John

Hey John, I would be interested in this as I also have the iV. Do you have any more info on this? 

Racing line remap is probably the most accessible way to do that. I have it on my GTE and most happy with it. Only thing that would make it better is stopping the engine cutting out in GTE mode. Other maps have that feature but are harder to find someone to load it.

Amazing mileage in only 4 years 😮 !

Also needs an intensive cleaning! I really wonder what some people do in their car... 🤔 Errrr... No thanks. Don't answer this question please! 😁

Really looking forward to seeing the mods too. ;) 

Enjoy your new car @SashaGrace ! ;) 

Edited by Bap33

I’m not a stranger to a high miles car, my vRS had more miles than this at this age 😅 and I’ll probably continue to add about 20k miles a year on it with my current commute. I’ll definitely look at SpeakEV, I need to get to grips with the charging situation near me and around my girlfriend’s in Nottingham to make the most of the cars EV range. It does need a thorough clean and polish but it’s in really good nick tbf.