SOLVED - Door open warning light on, (was not Door Latch Micro switch, was not Loom bellows, but it was the Window Motor/Door Module)

• 2 years later...

Hello There,

Great post, I think my son’s car has a similar problem, door open light on dash as well as locking problems. I’d be very interested to see more pictures of the dismantling if possible?

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same problem - the doors open dashboard light keeps coming on, even when all doors are closed, accompanied by the occasional dinging sound. As the dashboard lights are on, it seems as though the interior overhead lights read that doors are open and stay on as well. I simply turned that off. Recently, I see that the electric window controller on the driver side will not function for the window on the passenger side but the passenger side window button still works. Today whilst driving, the passenger window started going up and down of its own accord which would not be ideal if it was raining. Reading through this post, do you think these issues are linked? I am not a mechanic so will have to take the car to the mechanic but if anybody on here has experienced this and knows the solution, it would be good so that I could let them know and save myself a few bob with them having to do lots of exploration. 

Thanks

Hi Viejita,

It definitely seems to be a problem with the driver’s side window motor as I have taken the fuse out for the windows and the doors lock normally and door open light has gone off. I have yet to change the motor but as everything else works now it seems to be pointing to this. I plan to change it in a couple of weeks and will let you know how things go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, viejita said:

Thanks HTB. I will await your response.

Now all I need to do is work out why the boot won't open unless I open a rear door first!!!

Thanks

It's to prevent purse snatching at the traffic lights, you have to open a door with a functional microswitch first.

Hi Sepluchrave

As I am not a mechanic or understand cars, I do not understand your response. Are you talking about the boot or the door lock issue? Can you explain a bit more please? In layman's terms.

Thanks

4 hours ago, viejita said:

Hi Sepluchrave

As I am not a mechanic or understand cars, I do not understand your response. Are you talking about the boot or the door lock issue? Can you explain a bit more please? In layman's terms.

Thanks

The door lock issue is causing the boot issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi viejita,

I have the exact same problem you have, i.e passenger window opening on its own intermittently, and door open light staying on.  Did you resolve your fault, or get confirmation that it is the driver side window motor?

Thanks 

Hi Plimsol

No, I haven't done anything yet as both the light and the window have been ok recently. If you decide to get yours looked at, please do let me know the solution.

Thanks

Jo

• 2 weeks later...

I changed the window motor and all problems ceased. Door locks, windows work normally and door open light goes off when the door shuts and interior light goes off. 

• Like 1

Great post, I've been struggling with this... had all the door looms apart and no breaks, everything looks fine, problem persists. Will pull the fuses to the window motor and see what happens.

Interestingly enough previous owner had a mechanic do some work to the window motor...

• 5 weeks later...

Can anybody tell me if this part or the socket it plugs into have any micro switches in it, or are all connections wired straight through? Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot_20240221_142121_Chrome.jpg

On 15/03/2021 at 20:03, logrover said:

Connector block on Window Motor PCB, - small amounts of corrosion, but perhaps more under the block itself, but didn't fancy trying to remove.

IMG_2255.thumb.JPG.ad0ee8ab9f08ecc0d2524e9d4d3f4d0e.JPG

I've looked at a few of this version recently, and can confirm that under that connector seems to be where moisture is causing trouble, by corroding copper tracks and planes.

Awkward to remove. I cut a slice of thick copper sheet that just fitted between the rows of pins on the bottom of the board, then wetted that to all the pins with solder and heated up until the connector dropped out. Could no doubt do it with hot air too, but might be tricky to avoid collateral damage.

• Like 1

Hi all, sorry if I'm hi-jacking this thread, but it's kind of relevant, I think.

On 21/02/2024 at 14:37, Breezy_Pete said:

Nope, that's just a connector, as is the mating part in the A-pillar

I've been chasing an intermittent central locking fault, front passenger door and I reckon I've found it. T28  yeehah

My question is, does anyone know the size/name/part number of the female crimp terminals I'll need to replace the connections indicated in the pictures. Marked 4 (br/ge), the crimp connector has snapped in the housing, wire 6 (green/blue) looks to have snapped clean off at the crimp. It looks clean enough to have been cut, but who'd want to do that? The wire guage on both these wires is 0.35. There will probably be a few more dodgy connections I haven't found yet. I may need to replace a few more but kind of doubt as all the rest of the door electics are ok. Any hints or tips as to the best way to go about this repair welcomed.

Cheers

T28a-4.jpg

T28a-6.jpg