AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish: I Honestly Think I've Lost the Plot...

AnnoyingPentium

18 hours ago, petrolcan said:

I'm showing these pics to my OH as she thinks my car is untidy 🤣

It's full of stuff, including some emergency kit (McCoys Salt & Vinegar crisps, of course) and suchlike. :D

Plus enough tapes to travel the world with a soundtrack lol.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

5 minutes ago, softscoop said:

Looking nice and tidy.

Good luck with the electric rear windows. I looked into doing it on my Fab years ago but decided it wasn't worth the hassle :)

Cheers. :)

Shouldn't be too bad since I'm merely assisting and providing money to a mate who has retrofitted them before (and is an automotive electrician). Next moves will be heated seats (arsewarmers for the less posh folk) and cruise control, methinks. 

The 1.2 12v base engine? Not sure what I'll do with it yet. Would like to 1.4 16v swap this, but I'd be waiting until the 1.2 does the inevitable thing and the timing chain leaves the chat. :D

Compact disc changer has been installed. It works, but is senile. Sometimes forgets that there is discs in certain bits. Can resolve that later. It does work if you spam the buttons on the stereo anyway.

Contact has been made with painter man ("painter man, who would be a painter man"... well bugger me I need help) about them there Stranglers spec car doors. I'll let that last joke settle in a bit there. :D

Oh yeah, bushes are having a fun time, I think. A decent amount of toe out at the moment (to the point where it's visible to my appalling eyesight) so will have to see to that before I scrub the tyres clean.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2023 at 22:31, AnnoyingPentium said:

It works, but is senile.

You been talking to my other half Ryan? About me?

I love the ongoing progress on this, it's evolving at a great pace and is a credit to you.

Edited by Lofty
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lofty said:

I love the ongoing progress on this, it's evolving at a great pace and is a credit to you.

Thanks Matt, it's been a long time coming as I first uttered stuff about rear electric windows and all that stuff a while back.

It's been a matter of trying to find the stuff I need, which hasn't been that easy at times. I've got a list of some more things I'd like to do, such as heated seats and possibly an AUB 1.4 16v, as the 8v MPI doesn't offer much over the HTP as it is, bar an extra cylinder. :)

3 hours ago, Lofty said:

You need a full on 1.8t conversion, make a real difference to the car. Just a thought?

That much is true. But I'm 19 and I'll probably get shafted for insurance on the 1.4 16v never mind a 1.8 20vT... can insure a 2.3T Saab for almost the same as a 2.0 MPI Fabia as well. None of this makes sense! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

..... as I'm helping out a bit with my best mate moving and other errands since his Mum passed.

Good man 👍:nod:

Gaz

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Mileage is going up steadily as I'm helping out a bit with my best mate moving and other errands since his Mum passed.

Poor chap, sorry to hear that.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly on 84,000 miles now. Holy hell.

So, where has life led me so far since my last post?

Done lots of trips with friends and suchlike. Oh! And I procured myself some new alloy wheels!

IMG_20230830_200825_826.thumb.jpg.fde28daa0a34f06e7278f3303faa61e0.jpg

That Swift belongs to my friend, at the moment the plan is to get some alloys for it too. You know, to smarten it up. The alloys I went for previously came off a pre-facelift Elegance, and suit the car very well. The 15s I decided to ditch as I found them too crashy over the 14s, and these alloys feel a lot nicer.

IMG_20230830_200825_440.thumb.jpg.46ef18b84af9243062510dc2aa085730.jpg

Again, the car had got rather grubby, so a wash was in order...

20230902_155029.thumb.jpg.6284d28ef6a05ee6471b522e147003d8.jpg

20230904_191503.thumb.jpg.b51f9551f61d746e50438a2c6f24f293.jpg

The other night, I received a phone call from my best mate, asking if I'd like to go to B&Q to collect some wood for building a small boat (because why not... it's not for people, don't worry). So, we procured wood, asked the man in the shop if he'd cut the planks in half so they'd fit in the trailer, and were told no. Oh dear.

Uhhhhh, so we bought a saw for a fiver and cut the wood ourselves in the B&Q car park...

20230904_162345.thumb.jpg.74d27c9c1efd4bc8a495a5efd209fa77.jpg

Job's a good 'un.

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

7 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Uhhhhh, so we bought a saw for a fiver and cut the wood ourselves in the B&Q car park...

Where there's a will, there's a way 😁

• Haha 1

I just bought one of these, Ryan. It's great for getting your alloys back on the hub as it holds the wheel whilst you get a bolt in. I found it awkward trying to hold the heavy wheel with one hand and trying to get a bolt in with the other....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234467937068

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

I found it awkward trying to hold the heavy wheel with one hand and trying to get a bolt in with the other....

That's what your knees are for...   One each side of the wheel once you've lifted it onto the hub leaves two hands free for other stuff 😁

• Like 2

Just now, skomaz said:

That's what your knees are for...   One each side of the wheel once you've lifted it onto the hub leaves two hands free for other stuff 😁

Yeah but I'm old and decrepit 😄

2 hours ago, TMB said:

I just bought one of these, Ryan. It's great for getting your alloys back on the hub as it holds the wheel whilst you get a bolt in. I found it awkward trying to hold the heavy wheel with one hand and trying to get a bolt in with the other....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234467937068

I might buy one now I know I can change my brake dicks :laugh:

• Love it! 1