3rd Software Update done! Fixed

Had my third software update from Skoda and I am pleased to report that all bugs now seem to be resolved. 

Been using the car for the last few hundred miles and can happily confirm that everything is now working well.

Fingers crossed that this is the end of the software gremlins! 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

15 minutes ago, krsone01634 said:

Had my third software update from Skoda and I am pleased to report that all bugs now seem to be resolved. 

Been using the car for the last few hundred miles and can happily confirm that everything is now working well.

Fingers crossed that this is the end of the software gremlins! 

That is really encouraging to hear and I hope it proves to be a long term result.

Out of interest, did yours have the infamous KPH/MPH issue? (I have lost track of who had what issues with what model…)

Did not have KMH/MPH issue but had a host of other issues.  Parking sensor faults, manoeuvre parking fault, black screen, Sat Nav not loading, Climate Control locked, Driving mode not working.  But looks like all resolved, came back from dealers on Saturday

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, krsone01634 said:

Did not have KMH/MPH issue but had a host of other issues.  Parking sensor faults, manoeuvre parking fault, black screen, Sat Nav not loading, Climate Control locked, Driving mode not working.  But looks like all resolved, came back from dealers on Saturday

Thanks. Mine has the KPH/MPH issue and a few of the others you mentioned and has an update scheduled for later this month - here’s hoping…

2 minutes ago, krsone01634 said:

1668 is what mine is showing.  Others seem to quote 1688

That is maybe a year ago that SW , mine was built Dec 20 and came with 1788 i think. Get it in and updated 

@krsone01634 can you make a pic of the car's system info?

I think this was already discussed here on this forum. HW units ending with letters A, B or C (or no letter) have SW versions 1668 (some also report 1688). The units ending with D and onwards, have SW version 1788. The latest upgrade for 1788 version is 1803. For 1668 version there is no know upgrade to this date (at least to my knowledge). So it would be really interesting to know what did they actually update on krsone01634's car. Is it possible they swapped the whole unit? I did notice some posts from people saying Skoda has swapped their computer unit which has fixed all their problems.

• Like 1

I'm not a tech guy but what they seem to do is they reset all protocols and load them up again (updated with the new ones from Skoda factory). I was numerous times at the dealers shop having such an "updates" and they always reported some errors described by some numbers and i was always told once these errors appear they get locked or something into the main board computer so they need to reset them. Also they download latest protocols from factory servers which they hope will resolve the issues. These protocols do not have anything in common with SW version, since i have the same SW 1668 since i got the car (August 2020, HW ending with C).

Based on my experience, software glitches do not appear on regular basis, so if your not having them in the last couple of hundred miles or so it does not mean it wont pop up in the next 2k miles. History of my car was that majority of errors appeared in the period before it was 6 months old, during the autumn and winter time (  don't know if weather conditions has got to to anything with that) , but now these errors are extremely rare (could be 1-2k km between each error, which appears and disappears). May be that even these new protocols do help actually. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, krsone01634 said:

That's interesting. Mine was in last Monday for the parking sensor fault as well as other software updates. The dealer told me that Skoda hadn't released the fix for parking sensors/manoeuvring brake yet. I was told to check back in a couple of months. Mind you, they also told me the updates they were doing would fix the wireless android auto so maybe not 100% accurate.

When i was driving yesterday it randomly showed me a "service menu" screen out of nowhere, it had the option to update the software and everything, if i pressed it it actually told me it would update but i didn't want to mess anything up so i kinda ignored it, the problem is that until i turned off the car my home/menu/volume controls became unresponsive.

When i turned the car back on everything was normal.

On 07/06/2021 at 23:20, krsone01634 said:

image.jpeg

Hello,

I have also the same device part number, the same hardware and software and the same media codec.

But I have 21.2 navigation database. 

I recently visited the dealership and they installed the updates that the car  had pending. There they told me that they don't update the maps.

Does anyone know how this version of navigation databse is updated?

2 hours ago, fguirado69 said:

Hello,

I have also the same device part number, the same hardware and software and the same media codec.

I recently visited the dealership and they installed the updates that the car  had pending. There they told me that they don't update the maps.

It's update automatically over the air. Once update is available for your car, you will get a notification message on your screen.

2 hours ago, fguirado69 said:

Hello,

Yeap it's an OTA.

image.thumb.png.3b0bbe8f57e59ac716bc0fa6d1e1cd80.png

Here’s my settings , purchased a week ago, ex demonstrator so assume it’s all up to date. Although I did have a black screen the other day, it reset after 15 mins parked up. 

D70C5557-AB27-4D76-879D-83D0A0525CCD.jpeg