Cars without wireless android -> update available!!

On 06/09/2021 at 16:24, Mario_Delgado said:

Just arrived from the garage and I can confirm: System ref updated from B to F and software version from 1666 to 1806. For the time being, only tested wireless android auto connection and works fine.  

While we do all appreciate the confirmation, it doesn't help if we're trying to convince dealers it can be fixed. 

I don't suppose you have before and after pics of your infotainment system do you?

I've just seen another member has had their hardware updated from revision B to revision F, they've also had the SOS module updated though so is it likely that this piece of hardware being changed is what allows the HW revision and software to be updated? 

43 minutes ago, beasty54 said:

I've just seen another member has had their hardware updated from revision B to revision F, they've also had the SOS module updated though so is it likely that this piece of hardware being changed is what allows the HW revision and software to be updated? 

Hiya, so I was told it was an SOS unit replacement, oddly they needed both keys so they could recode them, which would seem to indicate more than just the SOS unit to me (happy to be corrected) but it is listed on the service paperwork as SOS unit replacement 

after:

9BE857B2-1ED0-43D6-B550-87A648449EFC.jpeg

Before:

14B21692-3985-4EE8-8E7B-CD6FC93FB123.jpeg

Edited by VinzClortho

8 minutes ago, VinzClortho said:

I guess it’s entirely possible that the e-sim is within the SOS unit, and may also contain the Wi-fi unit for wireless connection 

I’m on iPhone and that has always worked wireless for me 

Yeah the iPhone always has, it's the 5ghz WiFi that's needed for AA Wireless. It really does look as though this SOS module is the key to AA Wireless. 

11 hours ago, beasty54 said:

Yeah the iPhone always has, it's the 5ghz WiFi that's needed for AA Wireless. It really does look as though this SOS module is the key to AA Wireless. 

Morning, so I’ve just been fiddling with the system and I can’t see anywhere that says whether it’s 5ghz Wi-fi. On iPhone that information isn’t in the hotspot menu, and it doesn’t seem to be started on the stereos hotspot or Wi-fi settings, am I missing it somewhere? 

I can confirm that on Apple CarPlay I now have turn by turn navigation directions on the speedo screen which I didn’t have previously 👍

I guess the only way is if you have both a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz network at home and are parked close enough to pick these up. My network has both but my car can only detect the 2.4ghz network when I attempt to connect to WiFi. 

On 11/09/2021 at 07:54, beasty54 said:

I guess the only way is if you have both a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz network at home and are parked close enough to pick these up. My network has both but my car can only detect the 2.4ghz network when I attempt to connect to WiFi. 

I see, I thought the cars hotspot needed to output 5ghz

I’m afraid I can’t help with that, the router doesn’t output separate channels, and the car is out of Wi-fi range as well. 

11 hours ago, VinzClortho said:

I see, I thought the cars hotspot needed to output 5ghz

I’m afraid I can’t help with that, the router doesn’t output separate channels, and the car is out of Wi-fi range as well. 

Accually.. in case of UniFi you can define another WiFi with only 2.4MHz broadcast.. but probably you do not have this option..

On 10/09/2021 at 12:11, beasty54 said:

While we do all appreciate the confirmation, it doesn't help if we're trying to convince dealers it can be fixed. 

I don't suppose you have before and after pics of your infotainment system do you?

Sorry for being late with the replay, I bit off this weekend. Sure, I do have photos of the pre and post:

Pre:

Pre.thumb.jpg.17a4ae203290b72d9eec69763ca98953.jpg

Post.thumb.jpg.6d3c9bbd720fe06654b57f9a373506b1.jpg

And regarding the connection mode, not sure what it is about. For the wireless connection I did it off home, without using my WiFi network, and it worked well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, beasty54 said:

Thanks for those, it's very helpful. 

Did you have your SOS module replaced by any chance? 

Nope, it was only software upgrade. I was not experiencing any kind of issue with the SOS module, so no intervention there.

I can confirm... 

Yesterday I had my car (from November 2020) updated for the first time by the dealer to the latest software updates (no hardware replacement) and now wireless Android Auto is WORKING.

I had/have the same system numbers pre and post as @Mario_Delgado

• 1 month later...

Can confirm Android Auto wireless works now.

Had my car at the dealer for 15 000 km service. They also did a bunch of software updates and now I have working Android Auto wireless.

Before:

20210510_191943.thumb.jpg.7c2f32db23e8f92fe04dbc7eb714c72b.jpg

After:

20211028_174009.thumb.jpg.397a992589afc77186a24d7594d3ea12.jpg

Mine is at the dealer as i type, there's a few bits that need sorting out and most are software issues so, fingers crossed i get the latest update and my Wireless AA is finally working.