Cars without wireless android -> update available!!

So, my car was a 2020 Octavia with headunit 5E3035816B, software 1664 updated to 1668. 

With that headunit it was impossible to activate wireless Android auto.

Since last week there is an update available on the Skoda server, that will update the version to 5E3 035 816 F and SW version 1806.

And I can confirm that my wireless android auto is now working! 

It should also fix some bluetooth, rear view camera and other issues.

The official update will be launched in one or two weeks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiskyJamJar said:

Outstanding, I have started to just accept the fact I have to connect my phone manually via Bluetooth every 2nd or 3rd trip so hopefully that's fixed that too. 

opening and closing your drivers door while driving is an easier fix ;-) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WhiskyJamJar said:

Outstanding, I have started to just accept the fact I have to connect my phone manually via Bluetooth every 2nd or 3rd trip so hopefully that's fixed that too. 

This really annoys me!!!!!

2 hours ago, VAGProf said:

So, my car was a 2020 Octavia with headunit 5E3035816B, software 1664 updated to 1668. 

Since last week there is an update available on the Skoda server, that will update the version to 5E3 035 816 F and SW version 1806.

That's an interesting curve ball!

So are you saying that the device part number 5E3035816B is now updated to 5E3035816F ?

My understanding was that 5E3035816B was linked to a hardware revision rather than a software one. 

Is the Hardware still saying H56 or has it upgraded too?

14 minutes ago, Coume said:

That's an interesting curve ball!

So are you saying that the device part number 5E3035816B is now updated to 5E3035816F ?

My understanding was that 5E3035816B was linked to a hardware revision rather than a software one. 

Is the Hardware still saying H56 or has it upgraded too?

Yes, still H56.  ;-)

11 minutes ago, VAGProf said:

Yes, still H56.  ;-)

Did it give you any additional features with Skoda connect?

5 hours ago, Coume said:

Did it give you any additional features with Skoda connect?

interesting question ....remote ventilation feature would be amazing :) Could you please check? 

10 hours ago, Soko1982 said:

interesting question ....remote ventilation feature would be amazing :) Could you please check? 

Haven't noticed any changes.

For the remote ventilation the online help states: cars produced after december 2020, have a 2.0 liter engine or have a tow bar. 

I can't test the car any futher as it is no longer registered, I have switched to an Audi just 2 weeks ago. 

thanks anyway.

It was also belived that older cars (with A,B and C units) cant have units with D and later and SW higher than 1688, but aparently everything is possible :) fingers crossed ventilation will be also. Will se once i update my car (C unit, built august 2020, 2.0 tdi) on my next visit to the garage on 20th july. will update the thread if nobody does that before i do.

Edited by Soko1982

Do you know if this is specific to the Octavia range ? I've got a Kamiq with an Amundsen 9" screen and the lack of wireless android auto is infuriating. Checking with dealership I've been told it's a hardware limitation, but never with any confidence. I get the impression nobody really knows

On 29/06/2021 at 14:22, VAGProf said:

opening and closing your drivers door while driving is an easier fix ;-) 

I'm assuming you're joking but if I start the engine and then open the driver's door and close it again does it try and search for the phone or something? :o

• Love it! 1

2 hours ago, WhiskyJamJar said:

I'm assuming you're joking but if I start the engine and then open the driver's door and close it again does it try and search for the phone or something? :o

It does indeed!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WhiskyJamJar said:

Official release from skoda:

In this case, it is sufficient to open and close the driver's door. This will establish a new connection to the phone. It may be necessary to manually select the phone in the Infotainment.

The new update will solve it ;-)

• Love it! 1

On 29/06/2021 at 13:26, VAGProf said:

And I can confirm that my wireless android auto is now working! 

It should also fix some bluetooth, rear view camera and other issues.

The official update will be launched in one or two weeks!

Can you make picture of SW version of inf. system with version 1806..

I brought my car to the dealership (in the Netherlands) yesterday for several issues. They installed a lot of updates they told me.

But the update mentioned by @VAGProfwas not available they said.

Any idea why not? Could this have to do with what you said about the official release date?

In about 2 weeks the car goes back for a new steering wheel (Travel assist not working issue) and a new air vent (the left one in the center console does not blow air) so hopefully the update is then available.

Can you confirm you have (had) a non hybrid version of the Octavia?

Interesting subject here. I am still running on 1666 software version, never touched the dealer for an upgrade because I was not experiencing any kind of issues with the system. I am going to check before the availability of the upgrade. 

Thanks @VAGProf for the info.

Cheers!