Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

11 hours ago, maxwellm1 said:

who did you order with dealer ? or a leasing company ? 

12 hours ago, Yeltzer said:

Dealer now saying this is a factory confirmed Week 1 build slot 🤞

Thats a great result! I ordered mid July (Sportline TDI 4X4) and i have just got an unconfirmed build slot of week 9!!

There definitely seems to have been a push on Kodiaq production over the last few weeks (and set for 2022).  I appreciate those still waiting for build dates may hold a different view, but at least it seems to be going in the right direction.  Better than the alternative.

17 hours ago, Yeltzer said:

Main dealer. 9th October 

My June order due for delivery Oct/Nov still hasn't been accepted by the factory. The last concrete info I had from Skoda was the order had a deadline of end of Sept to be accepted by the factory, but that was missed.
Really annoying, how can a car ordered in October have a build date, but a car ordered in June doesn't?

7 hours ago, Theo5 said:

My June order due for delivery Oct/Nov still hasn't been accepted by the factory. The last concrete info I had from Skoda was the order had a deadline of end of Sept to be accepted by the factory, but that was missed.
Really annoying, how can a car ordered in October have a build date, but a car ordered in June doesn't?

maybe it's down to ££££ paid, skoda need to make money to stay in business, and when some parts are in short supply they need to prioritise, so they might be  picking the most profitable deals/sales  for earlier delivery.

if i was in charge at skoda and was faced with a parts shortage,  i'd give preference to the most profitable sales,

why sell 2 cars to make say £10k profit when you can sell 1 car for £10k profit

Many Kodiaqs were sitting there built, as where other models & they need finished and shifted ASAP anyway.

They were making sure the lowest emission vehicles were first registered where they could be to ensure not being too high with average emissions.

The number of MG Motors built and First Registered matter to the VW Group since they partnered with them to have the kidology of the low emission figures from MG being in the numbers with the VW Groups.

I think the idea people have on the profit per vehicle is far from the actual amounts. 

They have a lovely lifestyle and earnings in the VW Management and investors and lots of costs so that there are not so much profits showing to be paying tax on.  Lots of people making lots of money and many less and others less still but the money spreads around and it all comes out of the pot to make the profits look small and te tax liability even smaller.

Billions and billions of turnover and the business is much like a Pyramid Selling Scheme.

Keep turning out something and keep generating money even if fined Billions for cheating.

They are in the business of smoke and mirrors and governments allowing them to take the pith.

VW Group are in the finance business / money lending & it is other countries like Qatar's wealth fund that supports it all. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Investment_Authority

https://uk.motor1.com/news/440495/vw-lost-money-porsche-made-2020

Screenshot 2021-12-04 23.30.16.png

Edited by roottoot

10 hours ago, roottoot said:

They were making sure the lowest emission vehicles were first registered where they could be to ensure not being too high with average emissions.

I’d love to see your evidence for this. I’m not saying there might not be some truth to it, especially as it appears Enyaq orders were prioritised over the last few months (all anecdotal evidence, but I’ve heard from various sources - from dealers to people who have placed orders and are seeing more progress than people in this thread).

Unfortunately, the rest of your post makes you sound like a conspiracy theorist with an axe to grind against VAG. We all know they cheated on emissions tests, but they weren’t alone. And every public listed company in existence tries to minimise (sorry, optimise) their tax liability and maximise returns to shareholders. It’s what happens in a capitalist economy.

• Haha 1

They are not going to get caught out again and pay fines because of missing the low emissions average required.

They are not stupid & not get to the figure required before too many higher emissions vehicles get FIRST REGISTERED. 

VW might cheat and were caught but VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK.

Learn to cheat within the rules.  Not a theory, a mission after dropping Das Auto and going to 'Honesty is the best policy'.

https://www.electrive.com/2021/01/15/volkswagen-adds-ev-makers-to-co2-pool-with-saic/

Not only Enyaq.  Plug in and mild hybrids and the lowest emission vehicles were getting given priority.

VW Group never had enough ID3 or ID4's produced and there were not that many Enyaq.

They got out the 400 Citigo-e to the UK late 2020 and e-Ups, Mii iV etc.  Also whatever GTE/ iV's they could.

The point being that VW Group do not show thousands of Euro / Yen / Dollar profit on their VW's, Audi, SEAT & Skoda, because they do not make many thousands of profit on the vehicles. 

You could just look at facts & VW dodging a bullet in 2020 because they missed the Average Emissions and could have been fined more.

They are not making the same mistake in 2021. 

http://industryeurope.com/sectors/transportation/eu-hits-vw-with-100m-in-fines-after-missed-emissions-targets

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg.24a37f9163e0ba1cfd6b6fd298e8e592.jpg

Edited by roottoot

17 hours ago, 310golfr said:

maybe it's down to ££££ paid

The best explanation I've found is from someone's dealer on another forum:-

The dealer that my order has gone through (via a broker) as a fleet order, must have used up a lot their Kodiaq allocations. Hence I ordered in June, but their next allocation for getting the order accepted at the factory was end of September (according to Skoda chat). Guess that didn't happen due part shortages / backlog and possibly a priority placed on cars ordered directly from the dealer. The chat I had with Skoda online seemed to suggest they put broker/fleet/lease orders in the same category.

For the emissions, I did try to buy a Kia Sportage brand new recently (as a stop gap for the Kodiaq). The dealer(s) had vehicles in stock and ready, but wouldn't let me have one until January 1st 2022 to prevent Kia exceeding their emissions average (you can see that if you search autotrader). 
I don't think Skoda are delaying vehicles being built because of that, especially since it sounds like the registration date is key marker.  Also seems to be a lot of Kodiaq VRS coming through, where as you'd expect they stick to 1.5's if they were trying to keep emissions down. Who knows. For me the annoying thing is the lack of visibility of when it'll arrive. 

Edited by john999boy

3 hours ago, roottoot said:

They are not going to get caught out again and pay fines because of missing the low emissions average 

<snipped>

The point being that VW Group do not show thousands of Euro / Yen / Dollar profit on their VW's, Audi, SEAT & Skoda, because they do not make many thousands of profit on the vehicles. 

You are conflating prioritizing production of low emission vehicles (without citing direct evidence), regulatory targets and how VW group report profit 

I doubt anyone is surprised that multinational companies seek the most preferential legal method of reporting such profit.

3 hours ago, roottoot said:

You could just look at facts & VW dodging a bullet in 2020 because they missed the Average Emissions and could have been fined more.

They are not making the same mistake in 2021.

2020 saw a global pandemic with disruption to orders, production, supply and delivery. Any motor manufacture might reasonably argue for relief given the unprecedented circumstances. Regardless all manufactures seek to diversify and produce low emission vehicles to offset less green models, this is nothing new. Aston Martin Cygnet in 2011 for example.

If wish to make a point regarding availability of Skoda Kodiak's I would suggest your post has failed to do so.

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

All very true.

there was indeed a pandemic.     

I made the Profit point directly after the post by @310golfr 

That was with the link on profits.    We know how profits and taxation works, by country and world regions and VW Group trade in many of those.

I gave the links on the Fines for 2020 and then posted on 2021 with the links. That is in the EU.

Not mixing the separate subjects.

VW Group might well have got caught out by not getting the Electrified vehicles manufactured as needed to meet the emission figures required.

That was even getting out ID3's with 'Faults' not ironed out and needing done once with their new owners, and still software updates being required.

Same with iV's and Software issues / failings,  they just transported them to Dealerships and end users and they are first Registered.

There are many off the road and Owners / Keepers are driving loan cars and the issues are not resolved.

If anyone thinks VW Group are going to make the same mistake 2 years in a row then that is up to them.

Those waiting much longer than others on their Octavia TDI AWD's might just be unlucky. 

PS

As i pointed out yesterday, there were plenty Kodiaq built and sitting awaiting finishing.

They had to get the things shifted eventually and that is what has happened.

They shifted lots in the beginning of 2021 also.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/491718-most-popular-skoda-model-2020

PPS.

As to the Cygnet well that is a subject i have posted on lots having had a Toyota iQ at the same period as they were launched.

Screenshot 2021-12-05 13.47.42.png

Edited by roottoot

well 6 months to the day of ordering and i have absolute sod all to show for it :) update today after i chased the dealer was............................no change still showing order accepted by factory

• Like 1

My June Kodiaq order was given an expected build week of 1 in 2022 a few weeks ago.  I took the decision to cancel and look at other options today.  The broker phoned me back after speaking to the dealership to tell me build week 1 has now been confirmed by the factory.  I still have the option to cancel but will now lose my deposit.  Although the car will still be built due to the list of extras.

2 hours ago, LSport said:

My June Kodiaq order was given an expected build week of 1 in 2022 a few weeks ago.  I took the decision to cancel and look at other options today.  The broker phoned me back after speaking to the dealership to tell me build week 1 has now been confirmed by the factory.  I still have the option to cancel but will now lose my deposit.  Although the car will still be built due to the list of extras.

Same here. Give up and Ordered a Volvo today but leaving the order open till I get close to delivery in 3 weeks

Ordered a sportline late July. Its now at the dealer waiting for me to collect it at some point. Ordered directly, no meaningful extras added so perhaps option choices play a part in what they are able to produce and when (pure armchair speculation on my part).

Communication on progress throughout hasn’t been good, it went from ‘being built’ to arrived in a weirdly short period of time. Stopping the chat team from offering updates was disappointing but I started to get inconsistent info from them so had given up on that anyway.

With that said, I can’t begin to think how you build a comms strategy to explain the implications of a delayed electrical component to a random member of the public. Then multiply that challenge by tens of thousands of customers and it seems like a no-win situation for Skoda.

Overall I guess it’s probably a very difficult situation for everyone involved in building what we are lucky enough to buy and (eventually) enjoy, I feel for them all.

• Like 2

I have heard contract hire cars are pushed back in the queue so retail are priority. That info came from a dealer. I ordered a sportline 4x4 standard build mid July. Just been informed provisional build date of mid Feb and should get the car before April!!!

18 hours ago, WalterEKurtz said:

I ordered my Skoda Kodiaq in mid June 2021. Original estimated delivery date was end of October 2021. Update from the dealer today was there is still no confirmed build date 🙃. They are now estimating a March 2022 delivery. 

Good to know, my June order has hadn't any updates. One small benefit of it being registered after Feb 2022 wil be the 22 plate. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spivo said:

Same here. Give up and Ordered a Volvo today but leaving the order open till I get close to delivery in 3 weeks

What are you planning to do Spivo?  Will you take delivery and look to sell privately?

23 hours ago, Doombar said:

Ordered a sportline late July. Its now at the dealer waiting for me to collect it at some point. Ordered directly, no meaningful extras added so perhaps option choices play a part in what they are able to produce and when (pure armchair speculation on my part).

Communication on progress throughout hasn’t been good, it went from ‘being built’ to arrived in a weirdly short period of time. Stopping the chat team from offering updates was disappointing but I started to get inconsistent info from them so had given up on that anyway.

With that said, I can’t begin to think how you build a comms strategy to explain the implications of a delayed electrical component to a random member of the public. Then multiply that challenge by tens of thousands of customers and it seems like a no-win situation for Skoda.

Overall I guess it’s probably a very difficult situation for everyone involved in building what we are lucky enough to buy and (eventually) enjoy, I feel for them all.

Put in an order for a petrol vRS with many toys in early August. No build date but dealer comms have been very good so will wait and see. The new one will be Red so I’ll carry on in it’s white diesel cousin for the time being. 😊

7 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Put in an order for a petrol vRS with many toys in early August. No build date but dealer comms have been very good so will wait and see. The new one will be Red so I’ll carry on in it’s white diesel cousin for the time being. 😊

Interesting mine went in on 13/8 

I got a confirmed order (White VRS) accepted a week later but the build date slipped from Sept to Nov, expected delivery Jan

• Like 1