Help with cd player please

Good morning all. 

I've recently purchased a 2021 superb sportline and it doesn't have a cd player. Fair enough.

I'm a bit of a luddite and have a stack of cds. I have a cd reader which plays no issues via the PC, but when plugged into the USB slot in the elbow compartment,  states there are no readable files on the cd.. 

Quite a few of the albums are not available on apps like napster..

I'd like to play my cds in car, help please. 

Rip your CDs to a lossless format such as FLAC then copy them to a USB memory stick to play in the car. I use a free PC app called Exact Audio Copy for this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks bud.. but the point is, being a luddite,  I want to play the cds in the car, not another form... the laptop I used to read them is a work one, so I can't use it for ripping.. 

I'm wondering if I can buy another cd player and connect it using the correct cable to the USB. 

However, thanks for the suggestion. I like physical things like cds and books that are tangible. 

Does ur CD player have an AUX out?

If so, plug it into the car's AUX-in port uses jack cables.

Otherwise ur only option, as it's been already mentioned - is to rip it CDs onto a USB flash drive and then transfer it to the car's jukebox.

Or just play it directly from the flash drive.

I wonder if ripping the CDs, burning the ripped files to a CD then putting that in the reader would work and be close enough to the CD experience

• Haha 1

My 2016 Sportline has a Columbus unit in it that comes with a CD player in the glove box. If you hit a pothole or a speed bump, it skips.

My wife is proud to say she is a Luddite. There is simply no helping her...

Good luck in your quest! 🙂

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Justonemoreskoda said:

I only have the USB port... 

damn....so the facelift Superb doesn't get an AUX jack either?!??!

MIB3 is for the most part buggy.

No CD-drive

No SD-Card

No AUX jack

wowsers....Skoda has gone backwards with connectivity options!!

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 2

But the situation is a lot, lot worse elsewhere.. vauxhall for example are like the wine choice in hot fuzz..

Petrol... or diseasal... the only upgrades are in media .... no 'performance ' engines. 

Ford is pretty dire too. 

And everyone being sold down the battery ev route, rather than the hydrogen one...

I'm happy I got one of the last performance cars at least.

The only other option would be a portable CD player with Bluetooth out. You could connect that to the Columbus audio system using the Bluetooth feature.

Not so handy to actually operate the CD player, though.

• Thanks 1

You could try a company like this which will take your CDs and convert them for you and send back on a USB stick:

https://transfermagic.co.uk/services/cd-conversion/

Never used them, so not making a recommendation and I'm sure there will be other companies offering the same. Would probably be cheaper than buying a dedicated laptop and doing it yourself.

• Thanks 1