DSG Reset (Basic Settings)

Gavro

But you didn't quote or reference that in response to my request, you quoted

"Sportline 206TSI (280 BHP). DQ250 DSG. 

I downshift from 2nd to 1st when the car is still moving. It’s known as compression braking. Letting the engine do the work. 

if the gearbox isn’t designed to do this then VAG need to not allow it in manual/paddle mode. 

one has to remember that the 1st gear ratio on the DSG isn’t as small as a manual gearbox (ie I never changed down from second to first in my last manual Octavia vRS as you’d end up being ejected through the windscreen due to the manual gear box low first gear ratio). 

it’s not like it redlines when I downshift. Might go from 2000rpm in second to 3500-4000rpm in first."

I am still not seeing anything about breaking gearboxes.

• Groan 1

Well my Superb is still on its 2nd set of pads from new, has almost 79000 miles on the clock and nearly 10 years old so if don't drive a boy racer with the pedal to the metal until the last minute, the cars natural compression braking works just fine with the DSG automatically down changing to assist the braking effort. You will also benefit from increased MPG figures and that in todays climate is a positive and also helps to lower emissions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

…..the cars natural compression braking works just fine with the DSG….

It would do, given your car is a diesel with a 16:1 compression ratio; there is s0d all engine braking on the 2.0 TSI. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

Well my Superb is still on its 2nd set of pads from new, has almost 79000 miles on the clock and nearly 10 years old so if don't drive a boy racer with the pedal to the metal until the last minute, the cars natural compression braking works just fine with the DSG automatically down changing to assist the braking effort. You will also benefit from increased MPG figures and that in todays climate is a positive and also helps to lower emissions.

Ah but how many DSG gearboxes have you exploded? 😆

Don't respond, the answer will of course be none.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi, I recently purchased a 2019 Fabia SEL with DSG.  My first automatic.

Pulling away and the gear changes had a pretty clunky delay.

I found the instructions via Google search and gave it a go.  What a night and day difference.

The car pulls away buttery smooth and so are the gear changes.

I did the hold the accelerator down for 20+ seconds but I'm  going to try 60 seconds tonight to see if there is more of an improvement.

6 hours ago, BiGRUD said:

Hi, I recently purchased a 2019 Fabia SEL with DSG.  My first automatic.

Pulling away and the gear changes had a pretty clunky delay.

I found the instructions via Google search and gave it a go.  What a night and day difference.

The car pulls away buttery smooth and so are the gear changes.

I did the hold the accelerator down for 20+ seconds but I'm  going to try 60 seconds tonight to see if there is more of an improvement.

Nice one and welcome to the Superb forum 🙂

• Like 1
  • Cheeky 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/01/2023 at 12:02, travs said:

One thing I get on when changing manually is a bit of a thump going from 3rd to 4th. All other gear changes are seamless. 7speed wet clutch. Is that a ‘thing’ or something that ideally needs looking at?

Sometime Mine does same even in D. Shifting from 4 th to 3rd, it sometimes does thump. It was like that all since new.