Latest software update

jonbon0

Hello, I am new here. Today my Octavia iV got an update. I just wat to ask,it is normal that PN also was changed? now after update I see letter J instead of letter G in the end of part number. please take a look at the pictures, thanks.A3EDA5CC-0A37-4D52-8EC1-64C50DD51375.thumb.jpeg.b80d93b8295c57d06eec3efec5a16531.jpeg95A3B048-416F-41F4-A125-60DE47F4BB6C.thumb.jpeg.e6815925878129290d684c73e686a713.jpeg

1 minute ago, Remix05 said:

Hello, I am new here. Today my Octavia iV got an update. I just wat to ask,it is normal that PN also was changed? now after update I see letter J instead of letter G in the end of part number. please take a look at the pictures, thanks.A3EDA5CC-0A37-4D52-8EC1-64C50DD51375.thumb.jpeg.b80d93b8295c57d06eec3efec5a16531.jpeg95A3B048-416F-41F4-A125-60DE47F4BB6C.thumb.jpeg.e6815925878129290d684c73e686a713.jpeg

Over the air or at a dealer?

6 minutes ago, varooom said:

Your hardware is still same H56.

The part number is misleading, as it's more a software update indicator.  So it's normal that this value changes sometimes.

thank you for your answer. which number shows this is Bolero or Columbus system? 

24 minutes ago, Remix05 said:

thank you for your answer. which number shows this is Bolero or Columbus system? 

Your VIN would be able to be decoded to tell you what you have, or a diagnostic tool that shows HW part number.

I cannot tell you from values which you have.

15 hours ago, varooom said:

Your VIN would be able to be decoded to tell you what you have

About that...
I've been searching for a free VIN decoder to give me all the details for my car, but nothing seems to work in what I found online. The website I used to decode VIN for my previous cars, doesn't work for my Octavia. It does have an option to decode Skoda VIN, but it says "VIN not found" for mine...
Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

About that...
I've been searching for a free VIN decoder to give me all the details for my car, but nothing seems to work in what I found online. The website I used to decode VIN for my previous cars, doesn't work for my Octavia. It does have an option to decode Skoda VIN, but it says "VIN not found" for mine...
Any suggestions?

I know you are not in UK, but your main importer might have a webchat like Skoda UK have, and they are happy to supply your PR Codes.

Main dealers are also seemingly happy here to provide a print out of them also.

So perhaps you can try your Country importer or local dealer to assist you?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

can i ask what is the latest software updates should my july 2022 vrs have.

At the dealer side the "physical" update is to 1896, VW has 1899 and SEAT has 1899.

It seems the OTA updates for Skoda 1896 can now finally work, and updates via OTA to same 1899 level AFAIK from reading this thread.

57 minutes ago, jteixeira1967 said:

Hello everyone

I look for a firmware update for my SEAT Ibiza from 2019.

The last version is "MEN2_EU_SEGPx_P8010L".

Can someone please tell me were I con find the file for downloading ?

IMG_20221027_165921.jpg

I can send update to version 8755 via PM.

• Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So today is the day......

Car is now in for headunit/OCS unit replacement.....

Hopefully the daily pops/ sos/ satnav dropouts/ and taking ages to load settings will all disappear.....

One funny one which appeared was the drivers seat heating coming on when the car was first started or maybe that's just a setting I don't know about....

Also the KM/Miles setting which wouldn't change has now changed to only KM available and no miles option.!!!

Are well fingers crossed.....

2 hours ago, MikeLO said:

the drivers seat heating coming on when the car was first started or maybe that's just a setting I don't know about

There's a setting for seats and steering-wheel heating auto-starting when the outside temperature is below a certain value; not sure, but I remember it being around 14 deg. Celsius.

• Groan 1

On 11/11/2022 at 09:24, MikeLO said:

So today is the day......

Car is now in for headunit/OCS unit replacement.....

Hopefully the daily pops/ sos/ satnav dropouts/ and taking ages to load settings will all disappear.....

One funny one which appeared was the drivers seat heating coming on when the car was first started or maybe that's just a setting I don't know about....

Also the KM/Miles setting which wouldn't change has now changed to only KM available and no miles option.!!!

Are well fingers crossed.....

Well the day came and went.....

My Octavia is now officially Pi###ng me off.....

After using it for four days it still pops the sos still flashes everytime I drive the car and the sos warning ⚠️ is back on....

Also on top of that I've still not been able to get the car to accept me as a user, main or otherwise, so it won't allow my settings to load or allow me into traffication or the shop....

Any advice anybody except the obvious of back to the dealer.....

Skoda should finally accept that sos faults, line assist faults etc are very common and do recall for this. For me these errors are shown daily and biggest dealer/service in country can't fix them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Priidik said:

Skoda should finally accept that sos faults, line assist faults etc are very common and do recall for this. For me these errors are shown daily and biggest dealer/service in country can't fix them. 

If it's a hardware issue that would be inflicting self harm for the company, they can't produce enough stuff, forget replacing defective parts. It sucks, but that's what we have. 

6 hours ago, zetzet said:

If it's a hardware issue that would be inflicting self harm for the company, they can't produce enough stuff, forget replacing defective parts. It sucks, but that's what we have. 

Well, it could be a hardware issue, but part of it could also very well lie in the software or hardcoded thresholds. I don't know the innards of the VW hardware/software interface, but I'm fairly sure the only problem could be a (badly determined) threshold being exceeded.

Either that, or there's bad components or open circuits somewhere.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...