Can you code off headlight washers?

Hi folks,

The screen wash consumption on my superb is driving me mad. Is it possible to code the headlight washers off?

I just disconnected the motor on my Z4 but I can't get to it on the Superb. 

Mark. 

I remember I had it done on mine via OBDEleven. If you have it (or VCDS) try this:

1)  Select Central Electrics
2)  Select Security access
3)  Enter  31347
4)  Select Adaptation
5)  Search for "Scheinwerferreinigung" and select Headlamp washer system
6) set to  "not installed"

4 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

You’re best setting them to a 2 second pull of the washer stalk. That way it will pass MOT and you can control the water usage. 

Is this available via the on-screen set-up options?

On 20/11/2021 at 18:02, SC03OTT said:

You’re best setting them to a 2 second pull of the washer stalk. That way it will pass MOT and you can control the water usage. 

Where is that option on VCDS? I'd seen something similar a few years ago for the Mk3 octavia but I've not found that post again and not been able to find anything searching the superb forums either 😕

38 minutes ago, PhilDigs6259 said:

Where is that option on VCDS? I'd seen something similar a few years ago for the Mk3 octavia but I've not found that post again and not been able to find anything searching the superb forums either 😕

This is Mk3 Octavia instructions. Don’t see why it would be any different. Only one way to find out I guess. 

• Like 1

Cheers for all the info folks. Just seems like it goes through washer fluid twice as fast as my old Octavia did and I'm wondering if the headlight washers explain the amount of fluid. I know there isn't a leak as I've left it parked for a couple of months with a full bottle and it stayed full. 

My Z4 has had them deactivated since 2009 and it's never been mentioned in a MOT thus far. I know they are a legal requirement but I'm not sure how effective they actually are at cleaning the light. Snow build up can be a problem with xenon's as there isn't enough heat to melt it from the lens but that's not too much of a problem in Cornwall. Remember when Volvo's, saabs and BMW's etc had the little wipers?! 

I think the plan will be to turn down the frequency. OBD11 arrives soon so I'll give that a go.