Weather

skomaz

Just back from a top-up shopping trip and beach dog walk.  Clear. cold - car says it's 5C but the wind is biting.  Tesco & Aldi were like zoos; you would think it was time to stock up for the Armageddon, not just oddments post-indulgence!  Beach was clear and f-in COLD!  Onshore wind at around 20mph so pooch got more of a quick trot that a leisurely walk ...

I don't know which deity we pi$$ed off but it's just turned really stormy here; gale force gusty wind and serious snow.  It's not at blizzard density yet but you certainly know when you've been out in it!

Drove to Muirkirk today, was 3.5 degrees according to the temp sensor of the Furby. Done some rounds in Dalmellington and when driving home I get to the end of a straight and the temp plummets and I'm in a blizzard. Fabia drove like it was on rails though. :)

11 minutes ago, roottoot said:

Maybe @AnnoyingPentiumor others can say how things are in the snow if they have any. 

No snow here yet, but it is forecast. My friend in Greenock sent me a photograph of the snow they're having though, looks quite nice.. in photo. :D

• Thanks 1

Very cold and quite windy with heavy snow one minute and rain the next...   seems it can't make up it's mind but this morning and yesterday we had a few cycles of snow covering that cleared with the rain and now it's hailing!

Boringly unexciting here.  Cold, damp, chilly breeze but no precipitation in sight.  I'm hoping it stays that way as I have some paintwork to touch up on the outside render today ...

4 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

Boringly unexciting here.  Cold, damp, chilly breeze but no precipitation in sight.  I'm hoping it stays that way as I have some paintwork to touch up on the outside render today ...

OK, I blinked ... and it's now hailing. Bummer!

I know the masonry paint is textured but I'm not painting in this and getting a lumpy finish from the hailstones ...

• Haha 1

Cold here in Herts this morning, but the sun was out, so I decided to give the Octy a quick splash.

07B1C342-72DF-4B17-9268-81EE72042252.jpeg

Edited by Baxlin
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Baxlin said:

Cold here in Herts this morning, but the sun was out, so I decided to give the Octy a quick splash.

07B1C342-72DF-4B17-9268-81EE72042252.jpeg

Is that the Magnetic Brown?

18 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

It was a bit like that here ~07:30 but that was down to slush by ~09:30 and now there's only snow on the grass and greenhouse.

It's still around down here Ken. Ayr is fine as always though. :D

On another note, there's a 9N Polo in a field outside my village, obviously run out of talent. 

• Haha 1

Nestling on the leeward side of the Downs, this is as cold as I've seen it for quite some time, on the way to work, waiting for the screen to de-ice:

D3A89979-7B26-43BE-974E-26E52CC3C71C.jpeg

A moment of snow yesterday lunch time, but blink and you'd have missed it.

Gaz

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1