The Great Porridge Debate...

AnnoyingPentium

The Great Porridge Debate  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How do you have your porridge?

• In a saucepan?
    • With the microwave?
    • NEITHER (jist fur Skomaz)

It's up to each individual what they want to put in their mouths just to save a few pence or even a pound or two but isn't there usually a reason some products come labelled as 'Not for human consumption' or 'for animal feed only'?

It's not about saving a few pence or pounds or rather centimes and €uros rather that I physically have not been able to order them from the UK since Brexit.

It was and is the only foodstuff that I buy from the UK and simply not available in France, very soon I will no longer have a property in the UK and no reason to return, I am also moving much further away.

25kg bags of porridge oats are available in France but at a stupid price with an even more stupid delivery charge, it's frequently the case that you get shafted for buying in bulk, the supermarket special bulk offers are always more than b uying the products individually, the 25kg porridge oats cost weight for weight 5 times as much as buying them 500g at a time from Aldi.

I am very particular about oats and am heartened to see that I am not alone, only Jumbo Oats for me preferably from Morning Foods, I can find what might be the equivalent from Brewery suppliers but the delivery is a killer and I don't want to order a tonne at a time Still silly money though, the animal feed is a good price and either cheap delivery or available locally at an agricultural supplier.

You ask " isn't there usually a reason some products come labelled as 'Not for human consumption' or 'for animal feed only'? " there is indeed and for the probable misinformation regarding the risk of foreign bodies etc, so that you the punter pay a huge premium for the same product grown in the same fields and probably produced on the same produstion line, even animal feed has tracability!

I am going to give them a try anyway and look forward to perhaps a different taste and texture, not sure if I am ready for the nosebag yet though!

My mum was from Dundee, and she always used to liked it the Scots way, in a pan with water, once in the bowl a bit of milk and salt.

I always remember because I used to make for her when I was looking after her with cancer.

I don't like porridge myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Why bother. I always found that a plate of porridge at 0800 became a trip to loo at 1000.

• Haha 1