Tut tut, and a slap on the wrist

Tilt

20 hours ago, Tilt said:

Well, I don't vote. 

I don't see the point.

Whoever you vote for, they are generally useless and unaware of some peoples living conditions, oh, and they LIE. ............... A LOT.

But more importantly than anything for me, I disagree with the voting system, period. I don't think there should be 'parties'. (no pun intended).

In businesses everywhere, you generally want the best person for the job to do the job.

So why is this different with government.

Shouldn't matter what 'party' anyone is from, just use the person with the most experience for a particular position and use the best ideas that anyone has, and implement them.

People in Nottingham voted for Kay Cutts, with her promises to veto the Tram Network. Guess what ............. it went ahead, with large sums of money in someones back pocket no doubt...........

They waste HUGE sums of money with their campaigns and continue wasting even more once in 'power'..........

Most of them have just too much money and no common sense.

Just my opinion......

To which you are entitled, of course, as are we all (Edit: sorry if that sounded patronising, it wasn’t meant to)

But I strongly believe that if you do not vote, you have no right to criticise whoever ‘got in’, because if enough non-voters had voted, the winner may not have won.  Regardless of the system, and whether or not the candidates are useles, someone will be elected.  Fact.

Edited by Baxlin
To add clarification
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Baxlin said:

But I strongly believe that if you do not vote, you have no right to criticise whoever ‘got in’,

I criticise the whole system ...............

And the tiny amount of money these numpties got fined ................. boot on the other foot????

I bet they are all laughing as they sup their champagne ..................

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tilt said:

And the tiny amount of money these numpties got fined

They were snivel servants, not elected politicians (well, except for Alexander Bozo de Falafel Johnson).

46 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

They were snivel servants, not elected politicians (well, except for Alexander Bozo de Falafel Johnson).

How do you know that, Ken. I thought the names were being kept secret.

• Like 1

Spoiler

It was 20 easy ones in the first nip,s.  Maybe those that basically admitted in their declaration that they broke the rules.     Those that had lawyers filling in the answers to the questions asked of them might be a while yet before finding out who they will get on.  Then there are more that have been brought into the investigations.   Some will be MP,s and some might be Peers of the Realm.  Boris,s buddies seem to think he is in the clear.    But then it is not like there is not corupt officers in the Met.   There certainly was lots of Officers of the law turning a blind eye around the Westminster Estate.     Edit.  Fat fingers must have pressed that spoiler thing. No idea how to clear it. 

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, KenONeill said:

I don't care who they were what they are, Ken.............

I bet they are all far better off than I am, but I bet I would have been fined more If I had broken their rules...........

• Like 3

On 05/04/2022 at 13:31, Baxlin said:

But I strongly believe that if you do not vote, you have no right to criticise whoever ‘got in’, because if enough non-voters had voted, the winner may not have won.  Regardless of the system, and whether or not the candidates are useles, someone will be elected.  Fact.

But for whom do you think we should vote, if every available option is so utterly repulsive that we would rather stab ourselves in the faces with Justin Bieber CDs than allow any of the options to have power over us?

This is the problem we face, and if we don't vote because of it, any criticism is still valid as a result and merely further expression of the reason we did not vote.

• 4 weeks later...

I've worked with a lot of local politicians for a lot of years. The older ones ( at local/county) level were honest, hard-working persons who gave willingly of their free time, and the last MP was a bloke that thought he could ( And IMHO HE DID )make a difference to our area.. But the "new " breed ? The problem nowadays is who to vote for , not made easier by parties following "national " guidlines as to various factors, they think voters want.

When I vote, I do so as if in charge of a firm, where I want

The best person, irrespective of Sex/Race or sexual orientation, who is best qualified to fulfil the job.

Perhaps some MPS should look at the excerpt from Julius Ceaser

The noble Brutus ( or is that Bozo, after the local elections)

Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:

If it were so, it was a grievous fault,

And grievously hath Caesar answer’d it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, I watch the morning politics program on TV. we've had local elections, where the common phrase is "on the doorstep".  Whose doorstep. Certainly not round my way. Perhaps it's the virus. Perhaps it's the threat of violence. Or perhaps it's just lack of candidates not being bothered. Last year we could not move for hordes of Tory canvassers in /around our area. This year - zilch.

• Like 1

Bearing in mind that local elections are local (and pointless - I wouldn’t trust the average candidate to sit the right way round on a lavatory seat) there is, for example, no point in a party canvassing in a small area that they have no chance of winning.

Concentrate instead on marginal seats where they have a chance.

Local Elections in the 32 Council regions of Scotland are certainly not pointless as it is the Councillors that control the budgeting and spending for their region and the voting system is such that no party should be able to get overall control of a Council.

It so happened that a few regions have one party controlling the council and there are councillors that got elected or re-elected unopposed as there was nobody to stand against them.  The Political Parties put a lot of money and effort behind the candidates from their party.  Luckily there were Independents standing and ones that got elected.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61371483

http://www.thenational.scot/news/20131107.controls-scotlands-councils-party-will-take-power

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

Whoever is putting their money behind Liz Truss MP to get her to be the Tory leader are off their nut and must think enough people have forgotten the Margaret Thatcher years and the Theresa May Years.

There really are some total incompetents in Boris's Cabinet & in his No.10 Downing Street reorganised team. 

The muppetry of Government Ministers coming out in rotation supporting Big Dog with obvious lies that they are fed from Boris's adviser is something to behold.

They will do anything for a peerage because in many of their cases it is not for money as they are loaded.  Well apparently.

• Like 4

On 24/05/2022 at 16:33, skomaz said:

Liz Truss as PM???   Christ that's a scary thought!

She's joint favourite and has been for a while I think. Ladbrokes had her and Hunt both at 7/1 earlier in the week. 

Screenshot_20220527-005659.png